EPIC BOSS CONTEST-Submit Your Awesome Ideas Before December 5th!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EPIC BOSS CONTEST-Submit Your Awesome Ideas Before December 5th!

Player Experience
    Post Count

EPIC BOSS CONTEST-Submit Your Awesome Ideas Before December 5th!

Hello everyone!

We are holding an Epic Boss contest for Kingdom Age.

Get as clever as you like and submit your best ideas to this thread.

Feel free to write up a cool back story to support your idea. Images/drawings are also accepted!

Deadline for submissions: December 5th

Winner will be announced December 12th.

Winner gets the epic boss prize, and 500 gems!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    only 500 lol
    Hi guys

Post Count
    500 gems might not seem like a huge amount, but getting TK without having to go through that final level would have been nice, so I'll run with this.

One question, for clarity's sake - by "best ideas", can we assume one person can submit multiple entries? Because I have a satirical idea which would be fun to write up and that I'm sure wouldn't win, but I don't want to waste time on it if we can only do one per person.

Banned
    Post Count
    I will suggest to have Bahamut - the elder wyrm as the next epic boss!

I have been waiting too long for some truly epic dragon designs and honestly, what's more sexier than a dragon?

We have been having so far for epic bosses, people riding on lizards, turtles and - a cross lady with a bad hair day!

Let the dragons reign again!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithilithiel View Post
    I will suggest to have Bahamut - the elder wyrm as the next epic boss!

I have been waiting too long for some truly epic dragon designs and honestly, what's more sexier than a dragon?

We have been having so far for epic bosses, people riding on lizards, turtles and - a cross lady with a bad hair day!

Let the dragons reign again!

Deep within the deepest bowels of the earth, an elder wyrm slept, Mornenion Locien in ancient tongues, bahumut to others - ancient in years, vast in magicks ... Heroes and wars never to disturb its deep slumber... While kingdoms raised and fell about, wars were fought , so terrible that they split the skies and littered the earth with carrion , still he slept... Stories, faded to legends and from legends to ignominy, then nothingness...

Yet the world will tremble, the gods shall fall and darkness reign when he once again takes to the skies ...

Post Count
    Gemello ( derived from rough Latin "twin," noun, and then a bit of twisting from there), the Twin Headed Terror (Two headed dragon)

Background
    This abomination of nature is spoken of only in hushed whispers and bard's tales in backwater taverns. Legends claim he is the reason nothing green no longer grows within the Blighted Woods, the cause of the shipwrecks of Shipwreck Cove... Each tale told is wide spanning, but in the end the results are the same. Devastation on a catastrophic level. Simply to speak its name is to bring ill fortune.

The Beast, as it is referred to in order to avoid speaking its true name, went below ground to slumber after a great culling of mankind long ago. However, as man and his allies have pushed out beyond their prior borders, they have lit the fuse of this ticking time bomb. Now, you heroes must stop it before it can engulf the kingdoms in death and destruction once more.

Appearance
    Now that I feel a little dirty for creating a short blurb for the bio (RP muscles, D&D muscles... talk about some stuff that's lain unused for years...) I picture this to be akin to a black dragon from the Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual. Big, nasty, vicious, and all around only good for one thing. Destruction. The heads are similar to that of a hydra, as in they have their own necks, but the rest of the body is the same as a normal dragon. I'd also picture it to be the opposite of sleek. Spikes on its spine. Multiple horns on its head. Anything to add to a fierce visage that screams death to any who dare get in its path. A true, iconic old school dragon.

Kinda how I image the overall look to be, just with, y'know, two heads and all. Also, less of the fin look and more of the dangerous spiny look.

I'd elaborate on this a bit more, but it's well after midnight. Might come back and edit to clean things up and further elaborate. Feel free to let me know how [corny] this is.

-Lys
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by Lys; 11-08-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: reference image added
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapOpera View Post
    Hello everyone!

We are holding an Epic Boss contest for Kingdom Age.

Get as clever as you like and submit your best ideas to this thread.

Feel free to write up a cool back story to support your idea. Images/drawings are also accepted!

Deadline for submissions: December 5th

Winner will be announced December 12th.

Winner gets the epic boss prize, and 500 gems!
    how about the president of Gree
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Say there are 30 stages. At every fifth (or like) stages, the boss can only be killed if X number of guild members tap on the strike button within a time difference of 1 second. The X number will progressively increase but perhaps the final stage is like 15 players (please, not more to consider smaller guild and time difference). Calls for coordination and communication (sync the time and like). By not just tapping away it brings some fun back. Caveat being from a system perspective not sure if this is doable.
    IGN: Beng (from 4 Oct 2013)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Ben View Post
    Say there are 30 stages. At every fifth (or like) stages, the boss can only be killed if X number of guild members tap on the strike button within a time difference of 1 second. The X number will progressively increase but perhaps the final stage is like 15 players (please, not more to consider smaller guild and time difference). Calls for coordination and communication (sync the time and like). By not just tapping away it brings some fun back. Caveat being from a system perspective not sure if this is doable.
    Ben, this is the Epic Boss, not the Raid Boss. Therefore, even if there is a guild portion, the performance is purely individually based.

Plus, truthfully... asking for something that'll further complicate and frustrate so many people? Are you a masochist, or do you just enjoy hearing the whining and noise of the masses? (I'm pretty certain you said that with sarcasm, but just in case...)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You're right, my bad, confused with raid boss. On the idea, I thought it's fun but we can have differing views. Cheers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Ben, this is the Epic Boss, not the Raid Boss. Therefore, even if there is a guild portion, the performance is purely individually based.

Plus, truthfully... asking for something that'll further complicate and frustrate so many people? Are you a masochist, or do you just enjoy hearing the whining and noise of the masses? (I'm pretty certain you said that with sarcasm, but just in case...)
    IGN: Beng (from 4 Oct 2013)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Cthulhu .... Need I say more
    Aronius 196 276 618

Lurker
    Post Count
    And evil satanclaus Thad comes out in winter and steels kids to sadesfies his great hunger, ore to work as slaves in his evil toy faktory. He Can have a hole crue of evil hensmen , bat**** evil slavedriving elvs , a ***** of an evil wife , and a crule Looking sled pulled by a nasty Looking hogs, ore picock. Him being so evil he also a great cowert so hi has almost no attack skilles but a huge defensiv skill , like maybe 150k ore so

Lurker
    Post Count
    The dragon Níðhöggr escapes from being trapped within the roots of Ygdrassill, the world tree. After spending thousands of years being held captive by, well a tree, he's a bit cross. The Kingdoms have united to slay this nuisance before he burninates every tree in sight (thus ruining Christmas).

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatai View Post
    500 gems might not seem like a huge amount, but getting TK without having to go through that final level would have been nice, so I'll run with this.

One question, for clarity's sake - by "best ideas", can we assume one person can submit multiple entries? Because I have a satirical idea which would be fun to write up and that I'm sure wouldn't win, but I don't want to waste time on it if we can only do one per person.

Hiya Shatai!

Yes, one person can submit multiple entries. I'll try to fine tune the contest in a post edit a little later on today---good question! Feel free to bring on the satire, I know I personally would appreciate it.

-Snap

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapOpera View Post
    Hiya Shatai!

Yes, one person can submit multiple entries. I'll try to fine tune the contest in a post edit a little later on today---good question! Feel free to bring on the satire, I know I personally would appreciate it.

-Snap
    Snap, if you are capable of divulging the information, it would really be nice to know the locale of the war this boss event is leading up to, so that we might theme the backstory towards it a bit more. World-spanning threats are fun and all, but it might be fun to weave something for a very specific location.

Thanks,
    Lys