Observation re:raid boss shenanigans

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Observation re:raid boss shenanigans

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Observation re:raid boss shenanigans

I love how no one would have ever known and therefore never complained about these 'duplicate' item awards before Gree made a thread telling us it was happening.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any thread complaining some guy had 132 ixtabspeeders when they should only have 128. We all no how everyone loves a complaint here so why try to fix something that wasn't broke!

If you saw someone's inventory with loads of legendaries you would not question it, you would just think wow they farmed a lot, good on them, and they technically didn't cheat or do anything wrong anyway even if some were duplicates

I find it hilarious that Gree actually created this issue by telling us items would be taken away in a small scale, then just pillaged the majority of players for thousands of times, seemingly targeting the legendary items in a 'random' removal

For goodness sake after all the issues recently you could have just said nothing and there would have been absolutely no complaints about the event (items wise, obviously the server crash was still a huge problem)

Now instead of dealing with people just accepting the server crash as an unfortunate mistake you are going to face thousands of refunds from Google and iTunes, widespread quitting, gold boycott threads and endless more complaints about future problems.

For the record I enjoyed this type of event and it really could have been the event that put the faith back into people to continue playing CC.

Suggestion: re run your repair script in reverse so everyone gets their stats back, no one will complain

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I can't be bothered about it. I lost about 75K. It's actually good against the stat inflation; people who lost a million plus may not like this, but it helps to balance the game a bit.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
    I love how no one would have ever known and therefore never complained about these 'duplicate' item awards before Gree made a thread telling us it was happening.
    No. Some people lost literally millions in stats (lol stat/modifier hyperinflation), tons of others just eclipsed some landmark via the boss event (e.g. just hit 1 mil, 2mil, 5mil, 10mil, whatever), and even more probably checked their stats at some point near the end of the boss event. There's no way players can lose such a sizable percentage of their stats and not notice. I'm sure quite a few people who do keep close track of their stats would notice they were missing legendaries. GREE only cut down on the discovery time, and little else.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    There's no way players can lose such a sizable percentage of their stats and not notice..
    I think the OP meant nobody would have noticed the extraneous items were awarded (not removed). They could have left us with the extra items and nobody would have noticed or minded if others were disproportionately awarded extra stuff. It's ironic that Gree tried to be fair about this and actually created more trouble than they solved.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    yeh Big money
    I meant that no one would have noticed that they or anyone else had additional items, and therfore no complaints

if gree just left it as it was, not said anything, and not ran their 'repair' script then no stats would have dropped, and there would be no complaints
    Last edited by jaxx; 11-06-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: reworded

Banned
    Post Count
    Why did Gree only address the duplicate items? They didn't address the server crash or the lost time during the 4 hr shutdown for maintenance? Every syndicate lost valuable time during the raid boss and should have been compensated. At least they could have extended the raid boss by 4 hrs. Gree said you have 5 days to complete but actually you only had 4 days and 20 hrs. How is that fair?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4Seven View Post
    I think the OP meant nobody would have noticed the extraneous items were awarded (not removed). They could have left us with the extra items and nobody would have noticed or minded if others were disproportionately awarded extra stuff. It's ironic that Gree tried to be fair about this and actually created more trouble than they solved.
    spot on, it's hilarious
    i guess the only people that would notice are the few that keep track of all their inventory, but then if you did see extra items your wouldn't complain about it.

for those who lost more stats (i.e. in the millions) maybe people will say they deserve to have some taken back, but lets be honest to have gained so much in stats they must have spent the most in the event, so maybe it's still fair

all comes back to the point of if nothing was said, noone would have had a complaint at all

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Hurts Doesn't It View Post
    At least they could have extended the raid boss by 4 hrs.
    The last time we did that, the playerbase made it abundantly clear that they did not want us to do that again.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    The last time we did that, the playerbase made it abundantly clear that they did not want us to do that again.
    I think that was because there was ranking necessary and placement mattered so it increased gold spending. This one had no ranking so just finishing was goal was the objective for most. I doubt few would have objected since those who did not wish to spend further gold could stop with little negative impact on their game.
    Last edited by iteachem; 11-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    retired

Banned
    Post Count
    This is true CJ! I am very pleased you are starting to take notice. Either way you are screwed.

Now while you are here is there going to be some sort of compensation for all our pain?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    is that a serious response?

thats because it was in a war, when people had planned their gold spend to end exactly at the end of the timer as to be battling to the max right up to the last minute, extending the war screwed everyone up as they had to keep spending gold to stay in the relevant tier etc (only negatives)

there would have been no problem at all for extending the raid boss, seeing as there was no leaderboard, it would have given more time to beat bosses, complete goals and get more items (only positives)

the only problem would have been people would have gained more stats and therefore lost more when you stole all the items back

Post Count
    This is comparable to you driving thru McD's drive thru, buys one BigMac and one cheeseburger but get a extra cheeseburger. The employee discover this when you have the bag and put down his hand and random takes one burger. You may end up with two cheeseburgers for the price of one BigMac and one cheeseburger. Is that fair? No. Is this fair? No way near.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Comparing Raid Bosses with War? lol go get some reality check.

Maybe instead of coming up with new events every few days you could all focus on basics and improve game. Crashing, unable to log in, etc

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
    is that a serious response?

thats because it was in a war, when people had planned their gold spend to end exactly at the end of the timer as to be battling to the max right up to the last minute, extending the war screwed everyone up as they had to keep spending gold to stay in the relevant tier etc (only negatives)

there would have been no problem at all for extending the raid boss, seeing as there was no leaderboard, it would have given more time to beat bosses, complete goals and get more items (only positives)

the only problem would have been people would have gained more stats and therefore lost more when you stole all the items back
    preach, that wasn't exactly the most thought out response I've seen from an admin

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOW View Post
    This is comparable to you driving thru McD's drive thru, buys one BigMac and one cheeseburger but get a extra cheeseburger. The employee discover this when you have the bag and put down his hand and random takes one burger. You may end up with two cheeseburgers for the price of one BigMac and one cheeseburger. Is that fair? No. Is this fair? No way near.
    *MOAR WEED

Slightly off balanced analogy! You'd need to buy a grab bag of two items, mostly cheeseburgers, with a chance to win the legendary big mac. You get three, they reach in and grab one back. Though they probably felt first and grabbed at the largest item.