DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Item Removal

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count

Raid Boss Item Removal

Okay!

So here is what happened.

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.

As requested, here is a list of all the items affected:

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    bullcrap!!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Okay!

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.
    Were the extra weapons duplicates of the SAME weapons awarded? Or were they different weapons?

If different, how did you determine which weapon to award the player? Did you just automatically remove the higher stat item?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Okay!

This is patently untrue!

I have the screenshots of my epics on completion of the event and a lot less in my inventory now.

Must try better!
    Carpe Jugulum

"nothing personal. don't know who you are." - v

Lurker
    Post Count
    AF, if that list of toys are affected could u explain to me how the heck did I lose 1.5million in stats plus removal of legendary items each roughly 20 were removed and my epic items which around 70 were removed. I have screenshot b4 and after.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Even my mini lvl13 managed to lose 15k for not doing hardly any boss.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCauda View Post
    Were the extra weapons duplicates of the SAME weapons awarded? Or were they different weapons?

If different, how did you determine which weapon to award the player? Did you just automatically remove the higher stat item?
    Very good question. They weren't necessarily duplicates, it was still a random drop. The removal was also random.

Banned
    Post Count
    This is simply not good enough.

To give an example - during the progress of the event I was monitoring my history. On 4 occasions, I was lucky enough to be awarded the Toxin Drum. Sure enough there were 4 Toxin Drums in my inventory.

After the item "removal" you have now taken 3 of the Drums (won legitimately) from me. How can you even pretend what you have done is a fix?

Banned
    Post Count

remove this statement and issue one thats true !

Quote Originally Posted by Dhusagar View Post
    This is patently untrue!

I have the screenshots of my epics on completion of the event and a lot less in my inventory now.

Must try better!
    GREE, please only make statements like this when you know it to be 100% true. If you all would have checked the forums and tickets, you would have 100% seen that the statement you have issue won't hold up in court (in other words it's BS).

Now I bet we all have to PROOVE our case, it's not normal gameplay to have to take screenshots every 5 minutes just in case the manufacturer screws things up!

Post Count
    Random removal? I have screens for my legendary items and all but 1 were removed from my inventory. How does this "fix" make any sense?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Very good question. They weren't necessarily duplicates, it was still a random drop. The removal was also random.
    Are you aware that your answers are now starting to sound like you are making this up as you go along?

If they weren't "necessarily duplicate" how do you know which were duplicates and which weren't? How can you remove a duplicate if it wasn't a duplicate?

Alice in wonderland has nothing on this scale!
    Carpe Jugulum

"nothing personal. don't know who you are." - v

Lurker
    Post Count
    Okay!

Eeehh **** guys youre missing alot.... I missing tons of weapons won. The stat upgrades matched my players stat increase. But what the hell, i reported you to appstore and Google Play with all issues with your app and so on. And have made most pla

yers I know do the same... Appstore is giving me my money back

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhusagar View Post
    Are you aware that your answers are now starting to sound like you are making this up as you go along?

If they weren't "necessarily duplicate" how do you know which were duplicates and which weren't? How can you remove a duplicate if it wasn't a duplicate?

Alice in wonderland has nothing on this scale!
    Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thank you for answering

This is still an epic fail though lol, I want my stats back. I kept track of my progress and saw no extra items in my inventory.

How come the extra items didn't appear at any time? Either two splash screens or two rewards listed under the history tab?

Banned
    Post Count
    Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.
    How do you explain all these players having splash screens of prizes won which are not in their inventory's now?