Raid Boss Item Removal - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Item Removal

Lurker
    Post Count
    AF, let's do a case study. Use my acct 884 256 669.

Tell me how many hours and how many boss that I have dropped and how many prizes do I get in total. And how many are duplicates?

Lurker
    Post Count

Crap

The most epic part about the raid boss is the fail. Everyone is getting their money refunded through iTunes and google. A glitch in the code that dropped extra loot was unbeknownst to us, therefore taking items back due to gree's bad programming is not our fault.

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    We need our lawyer! BigMoney, where u at?

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCauda View Post
    Thank you for answering

This is still an epic fail though lol, I want my stats back. I kept track of my progress and saw no extra items in my inventory.

How come the extra items didn't appear at any time? Either two splash screens or two rewards listed under the history tab?
    I asked an engineer about this (and last one). There was a server/client mismatch where the stats were applied by the server, but the items weren't showing in your inventory yet.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A&F, is there a chance for posting the original goal list, how many times to defeat the certain level list, again? Please...
    Proud owner of the Financial District Fallout Consecutive Win (56) prize - The Adventa!!!

Blau und Weiss ein Leben lang. FC Schalke 04

offline04

Ellis Island -------------> 122
    West Side Standoff ----> 5
    Boardwalk --------------> 2 _________________ Arch Enemies ----->1(121)
    Graveyard --------------> 2
    Financial District -------> 2, but beat FC twice...
    Nightlife District WD ---> 2
    Seaside Shoot-out -----> 61

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    I asked an engineer about this (and last one). There was a server/client mismatch where the stats were applied by the server, but the items weren't showing in your inventory yet.
    Thank you

One more question lol: isn't the beta testing supposed to catch these errors in order for you to adjust/fix them BEFORE you roll out the event to us? Or did beta tests run smoothly and we just drew the short stick?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Di3 Devils 3 View Post
    The most epic part about the raid boss is the fail. Everyone is getting their money refunded through iTunes and google. A glitch in the code that dropped extra loot was unbeknownst to us, therefore taking items back due to gree's bad programming is not our fault.
    In light of the obvious inacurracies in the explanation and the obvious flaws in the 'fix', I've been moved to contact Google Wallet who have agreed to process a full refund. I recommend that everyone who spent gold should do the same.

Sadly, the many hours of tapping away, only to be robbed by Gree, will never be recovered.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.
    I had exactly 5 of each and every epic, rare, uncommon, and common item removed from my inventory. I have before and after screenshots to prove this.

So is it just a coincidence that 5 of every item was taken away from me?? Or was that number just pulled out of the air as I suspect?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I did not receive a single legendary item this entire event. If I had I wonder how many of those you would have taken away?!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.
    Let me get this right:

You KNOW that multiple awards were given, but you don't know what?
    You KNOW which kills gave out multiple awards, but you don't know the actual awards?
    You have TAKEN BACK awards, but you don't know which?

There seems to be a lot of random decisions; made about random awards; taken in a random way - for a FIXED PRICE of 25 gold per refill.

So I could have paid to randomly get a lot of legendaries, with duplicates that were common - and you could have just taken back my legendaries (on a random basis) - leaving me with a disproportionate stat loss

Because you want to be fair?
    Carpe Jugulum

"nothing personal. don't know who you are." - v

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I am not clear on what you are saying, are you saying you can only have one of these items? I scanned my inventory, i have very few Ixtab items to show for a whole weekend of participation. I don't see a single Recoil Blade or Toxin Drum, and i know i scored a bunch during this event. Our syndicate finished level 24 of elite, and then used the last 7 hours to farm more items. I personally participated in over majority of the boss kills and got plenty of items from farming in the last 7 hours. I guess i was stupid for not doing screenshot on each of them. Did anybody do that? I lost 400K in stats, that's 20% of my stats there. Maybe now i can finally walk away from this game.

Okay!

So here is what happened.

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.

As requested, here is a list of all the items affected:

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks A&F all looks good and fair.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Di3 Devils 3 View Post
    Agreed totally. It's not our mistakes that u messed up. Once gree told me they will not removed items once it's been awarded.

It's has been continuous messed up. Ever thought of some new personnel?

Post Count
    I am absolutely positive that I had more than 2 explosive drums drop via splash screen, which is all I have left now. Something is clearly wrong on Grees end, even if your techs may not being seeing it (yet).

I strongly wish to impress upon you the seriousness of this issue. Everyone I spoke to is upset beyond any point I have witnessed over the past 2+ years of playing Crime City. Trust me when I say that this goes *far* beyond of what you are seeing on the forums.
    Syndicate: BBR

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhusagar View Post
    Let me get this right:

You KNOW that multiple awards were given, but you don't know what?
    You KNOW which kills gave out multiple awards, but you don't know the actual awards?
    You have TAKEN BACK awards, but you don't know which?

There seems to be a lot of random decisions; made about random awards; taken in a random way - for a FIXED PRICE of 25 gold per refill.

So I could have paid to randomly get a lot of legendaries, with duplicates that were common - and you could have just taken back my legendaries (on a random basis) - leaving me with a disproportionate stat loss

Because you want to be fair?

If u haven't read this, read it now ^^.. Epic response. Sir, your logic is infallible.

Post Count
    I won 2 of the recoil blades and took screen shots of the splash screen right after beating the boss. They were in my inventory up until yesterday, but now you have removed both recoil blades from my inventory. These were cleary not duplicate/extra items since I won them and have proof. How do I get them back?
    Okay!

So here is what happened.

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.

As requested, here is a list of all the items affected: