Individual War Rewards...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Individual War Rewards...

Post Count

Individual War Rewards...

So, here I was double checking the rewards for the War in just a few days. I was rather surprised to see an 'Individual' tab included on it now. So, it seems that they will be ranking people on solo performance now, separate from the guilds.

No offense to you top dogs, but on the surface without any real information (I don't recall seeing any official word on this) it appears that this is simply going to make the fat cats even fatter. Obviously it depends on how they're judging the individual rewards and what pool they are using, but if it's event wide, this seems like a joke. However, if it's a system that is designed to give the top performers of each guild a little something for putting out that extra effort (or acting as a spounge as a Guild Guardian), then it is something that I don't mind.

Really would like to know what the deal is here though. Because, if it is going to be event wide, the first 120 spots will almost assuredly go to FUN and RK. Then, the TOP 10 guilds will most likely soak up the rest. Basically, if it's event wide, then GREE, you're going to make yourself look even dumber than you already have. However, if it's geared towards an incentive for guild members to compete with one another, then it might be a good thing.

Or, knowing GREE, the button is simply a bug, and will be gone in the next few days. Given their history, who knows? Also, who else is enjoying that quick and easy 25 Chalice reward unit, huh? Think that was the easiest and cheapest event in the last two months.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The button is not a bug and it will work as you suggested.

This ranking has only one intention... Get top spenders to spend more.

Don't expect any joy from it if you're not scoring 500k cp in war minimum. I hope i'm not underestimating.

For sure you will get a prize for the hits you do... Compare it with the individual event during last war.

Have fun.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    As everyone knows, RK have been known for a long time to collect itunes cards to a few accounts who can score more during war. I just dont think these prizes will end up to the people who really deserve it.

137-831-990

Post Count
    these prizes will end up in 2, maybe 3 guilds, so why bother.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    The way I see it is this. The top guilds have no real competition beyond themselves, so how do you get them to spend more? Add competition from within their ranks.

That said... maybe others who have seen something similar in other Gree games can chime in... I'm curious how low the individual prizes go.. if average players like myself can pick up a low tier individual prize.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Consistent Contributor travelingsalesman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lys, you seem to think you deserve a top prize without spending much... I have no issue with GREE rewarding those that spend $$$ on their game. They still put out a fun product for those playing for free, but they are simply rewarding those who spend, and much along with what War Eagle is saying, it helps get FUN and RK to battle on an individual level, not just as guilds, so spending goes up!

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingsalesman View Post
    Lys, you seem to think you deserve a top prize without spending much... I have no issue with GREE rewarding those that spend $$$ on their game. They still put out a fun product for those playing for free, but they are simply rewarding those who spend, and much along with what War Eagle is saying, it helps get FUN and RK to battle on an individual level, not just as guilds, so spending goes up!
    Before you go making assumptions and making yourself look like a fool, I'm looking at the wider perspective right now. We can get to the bit where you think I feel self-entitled to something in a bit. For starters, by focusing on the top CP scorers, we already know who they're going to be. It's pretty obvious to everyone, as last war FUN and RK members averaged nearly 2,000,000 CP a piece. This will simply turn the English Channel into the Atlantic Ocean as far as the chasm that is between FUN/RK and even the rest of the TOP 10 guilds. It's pointless, and sorry, but as Fred said, this can also be skewed by those who bought iTunes giftcards to give to the folks who can potentially earn the most CP per hit.

Now, the assumption of you thinking I'm some self-entitled light gem or free player... as much as I hate to openly admit this fact, I spend too much on this game. Last war my guild came in the top 25, with what appears to be a decent margin of safety (obviously without official results, who knows?). In that pursuit of top 25, I put up nearly 700,000 CP. I'm still against individual units in the manner I specified. If they do smaller things to get guild members to participate and compete against each other, then I might be inclined to say it's a good thing.

Also, don't make assumptions. It makes you look like a fool.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredcole View Post
    As everyone knows, RK have been known for a long time to collect itunes cards to a few accounts who can score more during war. I just dont think these prizes will end up to the people who really deserve it.
    Logically, that makes the most sense if they want to maximize their CP gain. It's common sense that a lv 150 character will come away with more CP per hit than a level 200 one.

At its base though, I think that this is another stupid business decision by GREE looking to milk the last bit of this game for what it's worth. I know that you, RK and only a few handful of guilds completed the raid boss event, spending large quantities of cash. I also understand that any one of your members also spends what's probably in one of my investment portfolios within a month's time. However, do you really feel that you need even more stats? I understand that, for the most part, you're a fair amount about RK members as far as stats go. Considering how many +25% ____ Boost rewards you've received from the past eleven wars, and then all of the LTQs... you're all the Olympians. It's more than obvious for anyone to see. I had a point here, but somewhere it got lost, so moving on along...

This really serves no purpose except for some ****-waving between your guild and RK members, to use a crude analogy. With or without iTunes cards being used, it's a mostly pointless thing to implement. It's simply another system that's going to discourage anyone not in the top __ (10, most likely) when it comes to where they are attempting to end up at.

Like I said, I just see it as mostly pointless, if it goes as war-wide.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have already played with the Individual CP score tab last war. (Beta) It is very much like the box events. You will see the Top 50 people with the highest CP, and then your own CP with a few right around your level.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    I have already played with the Individual CP score tab last war. (Beta) It is very much like the box events. You will see the Top 50 people with the highest CP, and then your own CP with a few right around your level.
    Good to know, thanks. I was hoping it would be a tiered bracket sort of thing like the guild prizes, where individual scores would be grouped as top 1,2,3 and then brackets of top 10 individuals, top 25, etc.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It would be interesting to see if they did a top performers in your own guild that way even a top 1250 team can earn something cool.

The only thing is you'd have to have those prizes be less than the guild war, total wins, and streak wins or there will be many lone wolves out there
    Cows of Chaos
    MoC Member
    Ally Code: 281-191-921

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    inb4bughappens
    Hi guys

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If individual rewards are like they are in Modern War, they will be for PvP and very ****ty.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    sounds like the pvp tournaments from MW and CC
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Post Count
    I like the idea of making it based on the top performers in each guild. Sure I know everyone loves to polish the knobs of those at the top! but this game is SO much more then some Greed employees and RK. If we removed everyone else but those 2 factions where would this thing be? While I do not spend thousands of dollars to boost the stats of an online avatar, controlled by people who got their programming degrees from a cereal box. I do spend money on this game, and as a person who spends money I feel like GREE should quit getting DP'd from the top and make events geared towards all the rest of us. If the individual awards are based on top performer in each guild fine, if not it will be another showing by GREEd that they are all to willing to get spit roasted by the supposed big spenders!!