Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Epic Boss Simulation Spreadsheet

Hi Guys,

V2 of this battle simulation is out. Epic Boss Simulator V2

Thanks so much to cafedecoy, Lii, rylar and Meepo for their suggestion.

Changes are:
    • Rounded up / down damage
    • 7% chance of misses
    • 20% chance of critical (both knights and boss) (I think 20% is bit high, maybe someone can suggest?)
    • Added Knights level, which links to their health
    • Knights critical damage every 4 turns
    • Random simulation generator (Press Ctrl - R)
    • Added final result of knights and boss status
    • Change 'Rock' to 'Earth'

Usage Guide:
    - Enter 0 for attack and defense in knight 2, 3, if not being used.
    - Enter 0 for Attack, Defense and Health in Knight 4, 5 if not being used.
    - Select EB Level and Elements
    - Select Knights level
    - Select Knights position
    - Insert Knight 1, 2, 3 attack and defense value
    - Insert Knight 4, 5 attack, defense and health value
    - Insert Knight 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 armor elements
    - Press CTRL - R to simulate

I'm using the calculation based on Theorycrafting solved the Epic Boss damage by BethMo.

The idea is that I'm trying to answers some of these questions:
    • what setup do I need to beat this particular epic boss level?
    • is adding 1 knight enough? or do I need to add 2 knights?
    • What equipment should I use to beat them? does my AA+ good enough? or should I use the legendary armor, but maybe is weak against the boss?
    • Is having nemesis really worth it? what epic boss level can I beat without them?

Comments/suggestions are very much welcome!

~ Oyster
    Last edited by Oyster; 11-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Oyster Sauce - Android - 100+
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are you an active daily player?
    • Are your level 50+?
    • Want to be part of fun active people?
    • Want to be part of a family?
    • We want you!

Join and be part of the team!

If your guild is currently inactive, msg me. We have spots for active people!

Need help on epic boss? Check out Epic Boss Simulation Spreadsheet V2

It's a great start! Thanks for this!

Are you open to refining this?

There also seems to be a "capping limit" - that is, if your friend knights have substantially strong stats compared to your knights, then his ability to help you is also capped.

For example:
    Your friend knight's hit points are capped, and it's a function of your maximum hit points of your knights (so... if you are below lv 100, you will not get the full 607 hit points). I wish I could recall the relationship but it's been a while since I've surpassed level 100, so I can't really derive this function. I think it may just have been a direct relationship - your friend's hit points is equal to its hit point or your strongest knight's hit point, whichever is less).

Your friend knight's ability to attack and defend is also capped, and it is a function of the stats of your strongest knight. I don't have enough data for this, but it seems to me that if there is a big gap (say 500 pts or above) between my attack and my defense stats, the friends' stats get capped and their ability to help gets compromised.
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 11-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Dodges should be taken into account. Obviously you can't count on a dodge, but saying you will win if you get dodged less than 3 times is better than saying you are going to win if you are just scraping by.

Other than that looks great so far.
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylar View Post
    Dodges should be taken into account. Obviously you can't count on a dodge, but saying you will win if you get dodged less than 3 times is better than saying you are going to win if you are just scraping by.

Other than that looks great so far.
    Good point Maybe a separate box that tells you how many dodges you can afford? That should be a good indicator of how much wiggle room you have

Yeah, that's what I was trying to suggest.

Also, it doesn't seem to take special attacks into consideration. (I could be wrong, just trying to read through the data).
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

Maybe after taking dodges, crits and special attacks into account, you can make it simulate 100 battles or so and it will tell you how many were won and how many were lost.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

Quote Originally Posted by Rylar View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to suggest.

Also, it doesn't seem to take special attacks into consideration. (I could be wrong, just trying to read through the data).
    That, I usually think evens out because your knights sometimes perform random special attacks, and then the boss also performs random special attacks. So rather than simulating it, you can just probably consider that random luck.

I don't think you can generate a calculator with 100% guarantees due to all the random events that occur (random dodges, random attacks, etc) but if you know how "close" you are with the straight up calculation simulator, you can decide for your self how much you want to allow for a reasonable margin of safety.

A side not to OP in case I'm mistaken: Sometimes I get obsessed with details so don't take them as criticisms or anything. In any case. Great work! Thanks for providing a very much needed calculator!
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 11-04-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    That, I usually think evens out because your knights sometimes perform random special attacks, and then the boss also performs random special attacks. So rather than simulating it, you can just probably consider that random luck.

I don't think you can generate a calculator with 100% guarantees due to all the random events that occur (random dodges, random attacks, etc) but if you know how "close" you are with the straight up calculation simulator, you can decide for your self how much you want to allow for a reasonable margin of safety.

A side not to OP in case I'm mistaken: Sometimes I get obsessed with details so don't take them as criticisms or anything. In any case. Great work! Thanks for providing a very much needed calculator!
    Wouldn't some misses be considered "worse" than others? Missing on a knight that has a single element advantage is not as bad as missing on a knight that has a double advantage, especially if the boss has non-adjacent elements.

Similarly, if a boss does a special against a knight who has a double advantage, it's a lot more devastating than if he did one against a knight who has a single advantage.
    Last edited by Meepo; 11-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

It's a great start! Thanks for this!

Are you open to refining this?

There also seems to be a "capping limit" - that is, if your friend knights have substantially strong stats compared to your knights, then his ability to help you is also capped.

For example:
    Your friend knight's hit points are capped, and it's a function of your maximum hit points of your knights (so... if you are below lv 100, you will not get the full 607 hit points). I wish I could recall the relationship but it's been a while since I've surpassed level 100, so I can't really derive this function. I think it may just have been a direct relationship - your friend's hit points is equal to its hit point or your strongest knight's hit point, whichever is less).

Your friend knight's ability to attack and defend is also capped, and it is a function of the stats of your strongest knight. I don't have enough data for this, but it seems to me that if there is a big gap (say 500 pts or above) between my attack and my defense stats, the friends' stats get capped and their ability to help gets compromised.
    Definitely! I'm trying to refine this further and still try to get some ideas how to do that. Currently this is supposedly to answer the 'minimum viable team'. It does not take into account 'best scenarios' or 'worst scenarios'.

ooo, Capping limit? I'll take note into that. Currently I'm lvl 100+ so I can't really test those. The damage calculation is currently based on the lvl 100+ from the post by BethMo.
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are your level 50+?
    • We want you!

Good point Maybe a separate box that tells you how many dodges you can afford? That should be a good indicator of how much wiggle room you have
    I like this idea!. I'll think of someway to incorporate that . I'd like to actually try include further critical by bosses. figuring out 'wiggle room' I think is a great idea to do it.
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are your level 50+?
    • We want you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meepo View Post
    Maybe after taking dodges, crits and special attacks into account, you can make it simulate 100 battles or so and it will tell you how many were won and how many were lost.
    that sounds pretty good. I might check it out to see if I can simulate these stuff. If anyone can help with the probability number to put for these, it'd help greatly.
    BBQ Pork - 28
    • Are your level 50+?
    • We want you!

Honestly...
    Saying that the boss hit hard the same times of knights, the two factors vanish, cause is like "+4 -4 =0"
    The same as above for dodges. But i may suggest to add a little box whit a safety number of misses you can do. Like "i would beat the boss if the miss differences between me and the boss is no more than three misses more for me"
    Ecept that, epic job guy, i congratulate whit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    that sounds pretty good. I might check it out to see if I can simulate these stuff. If anyone can help with the probability number to put for these, it'd help greatly.
    You should just get any forumers willing to help to count the number of attacks, misses and crits each time they battle the EB. I was planning to count mine but I forgot this time since I woke up in the middle of the night to fight it.

How do special attacks work? Does the boss have a special attack bar similar to ours?
    Itherael - Level 1xx

Why not just add a box with the amount of damage each knight does and the total hp left over of the boss after the 'win,' and let people do simple deduction themselves?

Also I can't use it. I'm on level 56, his attack is 1933, but the spreadsheet has a "?" after the number, and it won't calculate. I'm assuming it's because the value isn't verified. I'm verifying it now, level 56 is 1933 attack.