Dear GREE int'l - Do you accept and acknowledge you made a mistake with Raid Boss? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear GREE int'l - Do you accept and acknowledge you made a mistake with Raid Boss?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Pretty soon FUN is going to be the only guild left who still cares about this game, so Gree should get used to catering to them.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Look at this way - the players in the very top guilds are the highest spenders in the game and therefore have the highest stats, especially after the stat inflation we've all seen the past 6-9 months. Some of these events have become not so challenging to these players, and now Gree is giving them something interesting to play for rather than risk these players getting bored and quitting the game.

Does it suck for the rest of us not in those very top guilds? Absolutely!
    Is Gree's move justifiable from a business standpoint? Undoubtedly yes. They are giving their biggest customers what they want. If that bothers you, go play another game.
    And whose fault is it that FUN members have become so over-powerful? Handing out huge bonuses like candy is just so short-sighted.

Got to say you have a curious definition of "interesting". Funnily enough, if the price of something I'd like suddenly shoots up "interesting" is not the first word that springs to mind But, even if we accept the idea, how does alienating 99% of customers by making an event move from very tough, but doable if we all pull together, to totally stupid unless you habitually wipe your ass on a $100 bill make things better from a business standpoint?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Some people in the KA community need to get over the fact that this is not Lake Woebegone - not everyone is above average and not everyone will get to finish quests going forward without significant gem spend.
    Be careful friend. Your post makes great sense and is well written. Keep it up and you may well be shunned by the masses

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    And whose fault is it that FUN members have become so over-powerful? Handing out huge bonuses like candy is just so short-sighted.

Got to say you have a curious definition of "interesting". Funnily enough, if the price of something I'd like suddenly shoots up "interesting" is not the first word that springs to mind But, even if we accept the idea, how does alienating 99% of customers by making an event move from very tough, but doable if we all pull together, to totally stupid unless you habitually wipe your ass on a $100 bill make things better from a business standpoint?
    This game is catered for the top 1%. Nothing else matters in the eyes of GREE. You and I are just cannon fodder. GREE will gladly take the soiled $100 bill and bank it in. LOL

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Luckily the 1% loves to spend for a virtual unit that deflates faster as time can tick. We should be gratefull to have such ppl in the game. Keep spending my friends.

Banned
    Post Count
    I am getting tired of hearing comments like "Gree is the only winner" or "Gree will bank our money".

Guess what, we all know that. That's not why we play the game and spend money. We do it because we want to and we have fun doing so. So let us play the game like we want. You can play like you want. If you can't play like you want, find another game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    If FUN finishes, then GREE did not make a mistake. FUN for months has asked GREE for events to be more like wars, were they would be the only winners of the top prizes (a tiered down effect in completion). This is GREE's first real attempt at that. The question is going to be will FUN change their mind about what they have been asking for?
    Please read to understand how GREE works: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...e_.php?print=1
    Thanks for the link, confirms what I thought, but still very interesting...

Post Count
    The problem as I see it is we live in a society of entitlement where everyone thinks they get a trophy simply because they play the game. I realize this game makes way too many people spend more money then most want to but nobody is forcing anyone to play. So the path is clear....keep spending at a level you're comfortable with.......play for free.......or simply stop playing. If you are waiting for Gree to change their tactics you may be waiting a long time.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    The problem as I see it is we live in a society of entitlement where everyone thinks they get a trophy simply because they play the game. I realize this game makes way too many people spend more money then most want to but nobody is forcing anyone to play. So the path is clear....keep spending at a level you're comfortable with.......play for free.......or simply stop playing. If you are waiting for Gree to change their tactics you may be waiting a long time.
    I know people who paid thousands of dollars and finally called it quits. These people have been surpassed in stats by people who have only paid a fraction of that and are half the level the other players were. It is disappointing to see this happening. I am ok paying to play. But when I have vested thousands into this game only to have new players catch up to me like its cake, its stupid. The inflation of stats and pure brokenness of this game is mind blowing. To know that a year ago people were paying hundreds of dollars to get a unit valued at 200A/200D now, people are receiving these units for free! If that isn't broken I don't know what is. Then for Gree to go and make it impossible for most guilds to complete this raid boss... that's not the way to fix it. The people who pay, pay to be ahead. Some are willing to pay 1, 2, 3 hundred dollars a week. But to make this cost rise every event is stupid. Its not very accurate... but Gree is almost running a monopoly in game! They control not only the Units rewarded, but the ability to earn them as well. There is no way to make your way through an LTQ by forking up gold, no, you have to use gems, gems that are purchased with real $$$. They even rig these event that NO MATTER WHAT you have to use Gems. Just look at the last event for the LTB... and the Epic Boss especially. Like it has been stated earlier, you have to hit something like 120 million damage just to qualify for a unit drop for a level 100 boss. for the average player this means they have to pay 200 gems just to qualify to receive a completely random unit. Stupid.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido69 View Post
    I am getting tired of hearing comments like "Gree is the only winner" or "Gree will bank our money".

Guess what, we all know that. That's not why we play the game and spend money. We do it because we want to and we have fun doing so. So let us play the game like we want. You can play like you want. If you can't play like you want, find another game.
    You call paying more money playing a game? You are using no talent, intelligence, or skill. Just your wallet.

No one is saying you cannot keep spending money to make yourself feel good, they are just frustrated because it is asinine.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Well you ain't looking clearly my friend. Trotting out the "everyone gets a trophy" doesn't fit here.

No one who wins here earns it using gamesmanship or skill or talent. They just buy it.

The tired trophy argument works when discussing lazy kids who don't practice; the people here are buying their trophies, not winning them.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepit View Post
    You call paying more money playing a game? You are using no talent, intelligence, or skill. Just your wallet.
    I am sure you know all about how we play. blah, blah, blah. Zip it Weepit.

Post Count
    I haven't posted in a while....busy raiding.....but seriously.....if you can't finish an event because it cost to much....then don't.....GREE does not have to make every event winnable by every guild......

For those that do finish....congrats....this event is a true test of fortitude .....yes it does take gems and a lot of them.....but honestly.....gems alone will not finish this one......it is gonna take a lot of teamwork.....they added so many bosses to the original number ......it does take planning despite what everyone thinks.......yes FUN and RK have the best chance to finish....if they do.....congratulate them.....they deserve it....as well as anyone else who makes it....

KA: 630-568-270

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sirmanchoo View Post
    I know people who paid thousands of dollars and finally called it quits. These people have been surpassed in stats by people who have only paid a fraction of that and are half the level the other players were. It is disappointing to see this happening. I am ok paying to play. But when I have vested thousands into this game only to have new players catch up to me like its cake, its stupid. The inflation of stats and pure brokenness of this game is mind blowing. To know that a year ago people were paying hundreds of dollars to get a unit valued at 200A/200D now, people are receiving these units for free! If that isn't broken I don't know what is. Then for Gree to go and make it impossible for most guilds to complete this raid boss... that's not the way to fix it. The people who pay, pay to be ahead. Some are willing to pay 1, 2, 3 hundred dollars a week. But to make this cost rise every event is stupid. Its not very accurate... but Gree is almost running a monopoly in game! They control not only the Units rewarded, but the ability to earn them as well. There is no way to make your way through an LTQ by forking up gold, no, you have to use gems, gems that are purchased with real $$$. They even rig these event that NO MATTER WHAT you have to use Gems. Just look at the last event for the LTB... and the Epic Boss especially. Like it has been stated earlier, you have to hit something like 120 million damage just to qualify for a unit drop for a level 100 boss. for the average player this means they have to pay 200 gems just to qualify to receive a completely random unit. Stupid.
    And as long as the top guilds and top players keep spending to complete each new event that cost more each time Gree will continue to spiral it up.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    OK...still surprised people are teaching us how the gam works and justifying this is correct..

Thank you for the FUN and top guild members for your acknowledgment and support to the other guilds...

I was hoping an admin would at least acknowledge this feedback but that hasn't happened..

fingers crossed till the next raid boss event.