Heads up! Scheduled Server Maintenance 11-2-2013!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up! Scheduled Server Maintenance 11-2-2013!

Post Count

Heads up! Scheduled Server Maintenance 11-2-2013!

Greetings Folks,

Just as the title says, we are having some scheduled server down time. Details below:

Kingdom Age servers will be down for maintenance starting on November 2nd at 10:50 PM PDT and will end shortly after November 3rd at 3:00 AM PST. During this time Kingdom Age will not be accessible.

This will interrupt the Raid Boss event. To prevent issues with this event we will lock the ability to summon new bosses starting at 9: 50 PM PDT (one hour before the maintenance period).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sirius, that maintenance is after the raid boss event?? or will it be eating into the time of the raid boss event??

Thank You

Banned
    Post Count
    Are you going to be adding 4 hours to all of the events????

Post Count
    UTC Please

Need to calculate local Darujhistan time thank you...

And will the clock stop on game time both in collection of gold and quest countdown?
    Last edited by kruppe; 10-30-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Mickaleus

Banned
    Post Count
    Do you guys really think Gree will give us any extra time?

That would be fair and make sense!

If we are lucky maybe we will all get 3 gems and a virtual reach around.

We are talking about a company that needs to take down servers for time changes and maintenance.

Reminds me of working in an IT group. 15 years ago.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepit View Post
    Do you guys really think Gree will give us any extra time?
    If it was someone else that posted this thread instead of Sirius, then no. But I trust Sirius, and know he cares about the players. If he has any limited control over this then yes it will happen..

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sirius, would request an acknowledgment whether this will be in the middle or after raid boss..dont want a outage during the crunch period of raid boss please.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Are you going to be adding 4 hours to all of the events????
    4 hours ????

Hahahaha. By Gree standards, 4 hours = 4* n hours where n can be any number except 1

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Greetings Folks,

Just as the title says, we are having some scheduled server down time. Details below:

Kingdom Age servers will be down for maintenance starting on November 2nd at 10:50 PM PDT and will end shortly after November 3rd at 3:00 AM PST. During this time Kingdom Age will not be accessible.
    Will this fix all issues that will arise due to change to Standard time in US
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by It's all a dream View Post
    Will this fix all issues that will arise due to change to Standard time in US
    I'd so love to have the gold restored I lost from all my major buildings which vanished when I collected them on time, and then got raided before I could get back an hour or so later. Dream on!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Greetings Folks,

PDT, PST... Lets throw in also a GMT, UST, CET etc?

Hello... Your game is played in more as one country or part off the world. Where is your respect towards those players?

Wait... Indeed... You don't take that into account as gree shows every event when they start it and stop it.

Lets repeat those by now famous words off gree: 'We do listen to you'

First off, thank you for the advance notice. Much appreciated.

Secondly, my theory is that this looks like they discovered an issue related to the shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time in the US. The outage is scheduled during the time range of the US shifting back, so presumably, something bad would have happened if the servers were not offline.

For those asking about overlap with events, yes, it will overlap with the Raid boss based on the remaining time (about 3.75 days). No idea on whether they'll extend it, but I have a guess.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Greetings Folks,

Indeed lots of people out of this time zone and out of US. For them this means nothing !
    Posting schedules in UTC is the least for international business !!!!!

PDT = UTC - 7
    PST = UTC - 8

So in UTC : 11.03 05:50 AM to 11:00 AM

And CET : 11.03 6:50 AM to noon

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    First off, thank you for the advance notice. Much appreciated.

Secondly, my theory is that this looks like they discovered an issue related to the shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time in the US. The outage is scheduled during the time range of the US shifting back, so presumably, something bad would have happened if the servers were not offline.

For those asking about overlap with events, yes, it will overlap with the Raid boss based on the remaining time (about 3.75 days). No idea on whether they'll extend it, but I have a guess.
    You didn't play long?

There are big issues with this change. We had lots of trouble in the past. Shutting down for 'maintenance' has been Gree's solution. O wait it doesn't work. Issues remain. And the best part nobody gets to play and the rest of the world still experience the issues, because the time change is at another date.
    Come on Gree fix it or don't, but try and remember it's a global game.
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )