Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Cool Props to a Great Game

I find all of the incessant whining perpetually amusing. Perhaps I have not been a part of enough forums on other games and so it has a novel quality, but I'm guessing this is normal. It would appear that once shrouded behind a cloak of anonymity us humans lose the inhibition of common decency and rant mindlessly about things we often clearly don't understand, and stupidly about things we do.

I would offer a thread of a different quality - one offering kudos and congratulations, one showing the good points of KnD. GREE -or funzio- has put it all together for us and is keeping it going (see suggestions thread sticky for more on this, and the need for continual improvement to retain the current player base).

KnD offers many quality game design elements. They have created a tiered system of armors quite effectively (for those not endowed with incredible chest luck that is), by making armors available to players based on their power level. * and ** Story armors lead to ***+ Story Armors which lead to epic boss armors, and then to + versions.

The gameplay is simple, yet addictive. Guild wars present players with an opportunity to use strategies and coordinate as a group, which adds a great social aspect and sense of accomplishment to the game when a hard fought battle is won.

New content is added readily, and GREE appears to be managing the inflation of stats well enough. Epics needed to be removed from fusions when they were, if not before, although there was an endless amount of griping over it. The stat gap is being bridged with new epic boss armors and the gradual release of epics back into the fusion pool.

We all have gripes about small things, or things we wish were different, but as far as I can tell GREE is keeping the game interesting with new developments in a somewhat timely manner. Whether they continue this trend and offer new content that will keep up playing for the next 6 months to a year remains to be seen. There are clearly many places they could improve. If they continue to provide an excellent mobile gaming experience, we will stay. If not, then not.

Let's pause to give some respect every now and again tho. This is the best mobile game I've ever played, and that should be recognized, for surely I am not the only one of such a mind.

Thanks GREE. I enjoy the hill out of ur game
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Great thread.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Nice to see. And though many on here will just deny it. The game is great, hence why everyone began and is still playing it. Guilds was the best update by far. Builds great teamwork and friendships(our group chat goes basically 24/7).

I'm not sure how long you have been playing, but soon you will grow tired of it. All new content is intertwined with getting you to spend more money, and this game has a lot of potential that will never be reached with GREE running it.
    IGN:Nova
    Level:10x
    Retired

Once you get to the level of badass, you quickly start losing interest, then you will want to quit because of the awful decisions Gree makes.

I agree with the first post. I enjoy playing this game. It doesn't require a huge time investment if you just want to accomplish a few tasks, but you can sink literally hours into it if it suits your fancy. I like the wide array of armors and bosses, and the unique challenges that spring up from time to time. It's enough content to keep me hooked for such a simple game. I also like that you can get pretty powerful without paying, but if you want to spend a few bucks, you can get a fun edge without ruining it. I've managed a very decent set of knights without any real investment outside of time. Or, if you do want to spend absurd amounts of money you can be the best. Just like real life, lol. Anyway, I keep playing this game for one reason really: it's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Destroy View Post
    I also like that you can get pretty powerful without paying, but if you want to spend a few bucks, you can get a fun edge without ruining it.
    I don't really agree that you can be powerful without paying. This is not that type of game that you can be powerful without paying. The reality is that in order to be powerful you have to spend!

This was a much needed thread. While there are certain aspects of the game that could be improved, overall the game has much to offer. I think the people who gripe the most are the ones who have thrown so much money at the game that it loses it's intrigue. If you look at games you buy, you usually can't just throw money at it and get the best of everything. Typically you have to earn it. Those of us who have spent relatively little on the game are still fighting to gain better armors, etc., and it holds greater appeal. In time, I am sure there will be more content released, and those that "quit" will be back.

In the end, if you really hate the game so much, quit, find something else until Knights & Dragons is a challenge again, and come back and enjoy. Stop throwing out your money on something you do not intend to have fun with.
    Knights and Dragons
    IGN: UND Sir Spunge lvl 1XX, UND Lil Spunge lvl 40+ (leveling constantly)
    Guild: Undying
    Guild Placement: Guild Master, Guild Champion
    LineID: sirspunge (if I ever get back on Line)

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Once you get to the level of badass, you quickly start losing interest, then you will want to quit because of the awful decisions Gree makes.
    Yaa...............
    Says the guy with Spartan as his avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshx135 View Post
    I'm not sure how long you have been playing, but soon you will grow tired of it. All new content is intertwined with getting you to spend more money, and this game has a lot of potential that will never be reached with GREE running it.
    Zyn has been around for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SenturusIX View Post
    I don't really agree that you can be powerful without paying. This is not that type of game that you can be powerful without paying. The reality is that in order to be powerful you have to spend!
    No, you're correct! I guess what I meant is that it's a perspective thing. My idea of powerful isn't really absolutely crushing everything that comes in my path and having the + version of evey Epic. My guild isn't great, but I don't care. I have fun with those guys, and for me, that's enough. It is a game, afterall. I think people forget that. Once it stops being fun...well, it's probably time to move onto something else. I'm satisfied with the fact that I can get the "+" versions of boss armors, and have fused an Epic. For my purposes, my characters are plenty powerful. But yes, those who bust out the Credit Card and fuse it with the game win every time I have nothing against folks who want to spend money...that's what it's for. If your wish is to spend $5000 on a game, then hey, who am I to judge? It's not my business what others do with their bucks.

All hail the great zyntree!
    Lvl 11x Daily player. Add me, if lvl 100+ i'll accept, below 100 please send a PM. XBB-YDQ-DVY

I too like this game. If I didn't I wouldn't play it. Not sure why people play games they dislike or hang around on forums for games they dislike.
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylar View Post
    I too like this game. If I didn't I wouldn't play it. Not sure why people play games they dislike or hang around on forums for games they dislike.
    Because they invested a lot of time in them and don't want to "let that investment go to waste"?
    Because they keep hoping the company will start making less bad decisions even though deep down they know it won't?
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Some of us sank in more money into this game than people make in months... obviously we wont quit when we put this much dedication and hard work into it, but pushing people too far(which is what is currently happening with the game), than eventually they just wont give a crap anymore and quit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Because they invested a lot of time in them and don't want to "let that investment go to waste"?
    Because they keep hoping the company will start making less bad decisions even though deep down they know it won't?
    Too true. I believe folks are misinformed on the 'value' of their investments. Spending all that money on a top 10 spot doesn't forever make you a bad a$$. It gives you a temporary edge that you will need to continue spending to keep. It is the basis of this game and the nature of inflation that the top is a moving target. The idea that this will change is absurd. The idea that money will ever not be the deciding factor in a top 10 spot is for someone living in fantasy world. GREE does this to make money. If there are ways for them to make more, they will do them. There is nothing wrong with this... If you feel you are being exploited, don't spend.

'Bad decisions' are all in ythe eyes of ythe beholder. Was it a bad decision when they removed epic fusing? Was it a bad decision when they made guild war epics bad ass... Disproportionately weighting the top players over everyone else? I play in the middle, and these decisions haven't made my gaming experience worse. It's like I play in the minors, and they play in the majors. If we fight, clearly I lose, but I don't chalk that up to bad decisions on GREEs part. We just play the game at different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Guess I'm not there yet... Haha. See the above text

Quote Originally Posted by Joshx135 View Post
    Yup... People spending money is what keeps the game alive. If they offered new content that was not aimed at getting people to spend money on their game, they would be a bad gaming company and would go out of business, rendering KnD truely dead... And I agree completely. KnD has a great potential, as many here recognize. That's we have that suggestions thread, among others. That's why we make some of the posts that we do. Maybe they will listen, maybe they won't... But they certainly won't listen if all we do is call them stupid and a bad company and trash talk them... That gets us no where here, same as it does everywhere else in life
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.