Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Cor blimey mate, what are you doing in me pockets!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    Some are saying Horseman will be fire water... That could be it. That would explain why they are selling the Jian's :P
    I'm thinking Fire/Spirit honestly. It took a while since the Aegis of the Dragon deal until there was an Air/Earth EB, too.
    [BACK WITH NEW ACCOUNT]
    WCP-WXR-FMX (Android)
    In-Game Name SA Veeke DSB
    Level: 80+
    Maxed: N/A
    WIP: Chaotic Hellguard + (28/99) Voidwalker's Shelter + (23/99) Explorer's Piecemail (23/99) Summoner's Garb (17/99) Rivenborn Aegis (10/99)

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancers View Post
    I'm thinking Fire/Spirit honestly. It took a while since the Aegis of the Dragon deal until there was an Air/Earth EB, too.
    That was the other one people were thinking. I personally think it will be Spirit, though i hope it is water, because then my Swampstone+ would cream it.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Really, the only completely useless items in the enchanted chests, imo, are the 250-500 gold and the abundance of metal cogs and other super old epic boss mats I get. Like seriously, I'm never going to craft those old old boss armors that are completely eclipsed by new boss armors, and certainly not an old normal version of them. No, I'm not going to waste 200,000 gold and 2-3 days to craft a 4-star armor just as either enhancing fodder or a small fusing chance (which is already filled by the current normal boss armors I craft to make a plus version).

I don't mind getting story armor crafting mats. Saves me a trip through the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Epon View Post
    Really, the only completely useless items in the enchanted chests, imo, are the 250-500 gold and the abundance of metal cogs and other super old epic boss mats I get. Like seriously, I'm never going to craft those old old boss armors that are completely eclipsed by new boss armors, and certainly not an old normal version of them. No, I'm not going to waste 200,000 gold and 2-3 days to craft a 4-star armor just as either enhancing fodder or a small fusing chance (which is already filled by the current normal boss armors I craft to make a plus version).

I don't mind getting story armor crafting mats. Saves me a trip through the dungeon.
    I love the fusion stones in the enchanted chests. I don't think fusion boost armors exist in there though lol never got one and guys I can see spirit being in there. U know the only thing that sucks with this game is most of the other games are giving out free stuff because its a holiday gree could have given like a few fusion boost armor or 5 gems etc to all the players that are keeping their game alive. Giving joy to people with small acts like that makes them invest more
    Last edited by shawnk; 10-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.

As a long time KA player as well, the chance chests are an interesting idea. Essentially the purpose of the chests is to give paying players an opportunity to skip ahead in the game/get ahead of the curve if you will.

In Kingdom Age, it was possible to get very strong very quickly simply spending tons of money on their random chests. The only thing is that this would not get you as strong as being in top guilds and getting those top prizes. There is a fine line I believe the company is trying to draw: give new players the opportunity to get strong quickly without allowing them to become more powerful than those long time spenders in top guilds who have put in a lot of time and money already.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumP 86 View Post
    As a long time KA player as well, the chance chests are an interesting idea. Essentially the purpose of the chests is to give paying players an opportunity to skip ahead in the game/get ahead of the curve if you will.

In Kingdom Age, it was possible to get very strong very quickly simply spending tons of money on their random chests. The only thing is that this would not get you as strong as being in top guilds and getting those top prizes. There is a fine line I believe the company is trying to draw: give new players the opportunity to get strong quickly without allowing them to become more powerful than those long time spenders in top guilds who have put in a lot of time and money already.
    I remember spending my first gems in MQ on chests for a rather terrible monster. Never again I said. Little did I know..

For most Kandy players, this is their first Gree game. This game already had many Gree staples & it is getting better.

Sometimes you get lucky with the chests. I opened 6 Enchanted Chests hoping for a fusion stone and 5 of the 6 chests were Fusion Stones. Wound up with 13 total.

the only thing i like about enchanted chest is that it gives you free gems.

Fun part about legendary materials from enchanted chest is that you can finally after year of playing get that outdated armor you wanted.

Anyways. Enchanted chests are ok. I have managed to get fusion boost armor from it and some other useful stuff. Gems etc. Silver chest should have low % to give enchanted chest keys. Only useful in that chest is gem reward. All the chests could use some updating.
    I'm back!

This game is very easy to level to 100 for a causal gamer like myself.

You do not have to play the game long until you know all the chests minus the epics chests are out dated. If you have a half a brain you will read the guides. You will look at the armor data sheet very early in your game play and figure out - wow that armor sucks. And they want me to pay money for that?

Then after seeing the deal for gems - wow I can get 800 gems for 79.99 and I can get that Epic that keeps rotating around the chest. Then you actually buy the 300 gem deal in anticipation of getting that mega armor.... then you just get crap that's not even as good as the "bigger four". Then you just feel cheated. Ripped off. Scammed.

Then you read a post of what everyone else got. Then you think well maybe I got unlucky. The 500 gems are burning a hole in your pocket and bam another set of 11 2 star crap. Now you are feeling you got a big "G" tattooed on your back area. Then you really start reading about your chances of getting that epic.

Several things can happen you either quit the game or stick with it thinking some time in the future better odds on the chest will come around or you join a big guild if you have time and money.

I have the money I just don't have the time. Make the chests better. If you want my money give me a reason to spend it. If it stays as is. My $$$ stays in my pocket. If you had an epic + with 40 more chances at 3x epic and 30 fusion boosts - you would have had my money. So I voted with my money and said no to the $70 for 800 gems. Because if I spent any money you would have thought your promotion worked.

I will spend only if I see value. I could care less what others think is good value. Only I can determine what my value is. And it's your job (Gree) to figure out how much of carrot you need to present to get my $$$ and others like me.
    Last edited by White Avenger; 10-30-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Ridge

Guild: Brethren of the Storm

XBD-FBC-YPW

Quote Originally Posted by White Avenger View Post
    You do not have to play the game long until you know all the chests minus the epics chests are out dated. If you have a half a brain you will read the guides. You will look at the armor data sheet very early in your game play and figure out - wow that armor sucks. And they want me to pay money for that?
    Actually most people only use about 10% of their brain....

Other than that, the rest of your post I agree with
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by White Avenger View Post
    This game is very easy to level to 100 for a causal gamer like myself.

Then after seeing the deal for gems - wow I can get 800 gems for 79.99 and I can get that Epic that keeps rotating around the chest. Then you actually buy the 300 gem deal in anticipation of getting that mega armor.... then you just get crap that's not even as good as the "bigger four". Then you just feel cheated. Ripped off. Scammed....

...I will spend only if I see value. I could care less what others think is good value. Only I can determine what my value is. And it's your job (Gree) to figure out how much of carrot you need to present to get my $$$ and others like me.
    Clearly until people stop buying the chests, nothing will change. I'm also voting with my money (not spending it)... perhaps if enough do it. But then the DPC will likely draw in newbies who don't read forums every time. I see the DPC as a newb chest, and the others for experienced players. My guess is that it will get an update at some point, it will be less than what any veteran wants, and will continue to be a newbie chest forever...
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    I'll clarify:

For instance... the max stats of the epic boss +.. (attack/defense/total)

Forgemaster's Garb (released Jan 2013): 674/746/1420
    Deep Dragon Mail (released Apr 2013): 778/1223/2001
    Armor of Notus (released July 2013): 954/1364/2318
    Witch's Robes (this week): 1218/1255/2473

In the mean time, Dark Prince's Armor + has always consistently been 1120/899/2019. This shows that at some point, Dark Prince's Armor had superior stats than the weekly epic boss armors, but since the early summer of 2013, the epic boss stats have exceeded that of the original armors. The gap IS widening, and as the weeks go by, the original armors are becoming more and more useless.

source: http://knights-and-dragons.wikia.com...es#Epic_Bosses

Witch's Robes is wrong. But here's the easy power creep access

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

First of all, let me deal with this:

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    Actually most people only use about 10% of their brain....
    I don't know if you had a sarcastic tone writing this or not but that myth has already been debunked!
    If you're using only 10% of your brain, you're most likely dead by now.
    As a matter of fact, every healthy human being uses 100% of his brain EVERY SECOND he lives!
    It's been fun.

As far as chests are concerned, there is only one obvious way to fix it. You can't change silver keys to give better things just because you're level 100. What happens if they put crius armor in silver chests? Some level 10 gets one at random on a boss and now has crius, to level to +. You may not care because you're level 100 now, but it ruins the consistency of flow throughout the game.

The most viable solution is to make chests have a wider range of rewards, and scope those rewards to the player's level. There should also be a "throw-away" option on DPC. If you open 11, you can pick as many as you want, and "re-roll" those ones for half price. IE: You pay 300 for 11 chests, you can re-roll each individual one for 15 gems. You don't get the armor out of it since it's thrown away, but you get another shot at getting something you actually want.