Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thumbs up Chests are outdated. Can something be done about this?

I hope you don't lump my comment up as one of those "whiner" threads because I think I have a point.

I think the contents of the chests, especially the dark prince, enchanted, and silver chests are somewhat outdated. Here's the deal. I think months ago, it may have been an awesome thing to try to forge Dark Prince's Royal armor or Swamp Shaman Robes... you know, stuff you can forge by picking up elements from the existing worlds in the game.

But here's the thing... as weeks go by, new epic armors or boss armors (legendary) are released and CLEARLY there's an inflation in the stats of these new armors (if you don't believe me, check the history of all the epics and legendary armors that were released, and you will see that the stats have been creeping up every few weeks or so), which makes the older original K&D armors more and more useless and weak compared to some of these new armors.... because clearly, the stats of these original armors are exempt from this overall armor inflation. The stats gap is widening so much that when new players ask me what strategies they should follow to strengthen their knights, I tell them to go for the weekly epic boss armors (or maybe open chests if they want to spend the $) and then maybe even shoot for the weekly epic boss +, as the rest are essentially garbage.

So why is that I'm still getting snake skins, wriggling roots, and shards etc when I open these chests..? I feel like that the game makers have rendered their own original armors obsolete, so it seems pointless to be receiving these random elements.

Can something be done to upgrade the contents of these chests, so the chest opening can be a bit more exciting? I understand that it would be silly to dispense fusion stones all the time (though I'm sure I wouldn't mind it!) but maybe the random elements can be that of the current week's epic boss for instance? That way, maybe the players who didn't quite make it to Lv15, 43, or 60 will have a shot at collecting enough elements to forge an USEFUL armor.

I agree, something should be done about that.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

This is quite true, but GREE won't do anything about it.
    IGN:Nova
    Level:10x
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    But here's the thing... as weeks go by, new epic armors or boss armors (legendary) are released and CLEARLY there's an inflation in the stats of these new armors (if you don't believe me, check the history of all the epics and legendary armors that were released, and you will see that the stats have been creeping up every few weeks or so), which makes the older original K&D armors more and more useless and weak compared to some of these new armors.... because clearly, the stats of these original armors are exempt from this overall armor inflation.
    I don't believe you. The stats on all armor are clearly the same. There is no increase.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Just keep all of your keys. Eventually the chests will get upgraded (as per the Spartan Wargear that has started appearing in fusions). The only keys that have been worth using were the beast keys in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumP 86 View Post
    Just keep all of your keys. Eventually the chests will get upgraded (as per the Spartan Wargear that has started appearing in fusions). The only keys that have been worth using were the beast keys in recent months.
    Actually, as much as I wish it would, I doubt anything will change.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Can something be done about it, yeah. Will gree do it? nope.
    (should u join the boycott cause of reasons like this? yes....)

Quote Originally Posted by The Pale Rider View Post
    I don't believe you. The stats on all armor are clearly the same. There is no increase.
    I'll clarify:

For instance... the max stats of the epic boss +.. (attack/defense/total)

Forgemaster's Garb (released Jan 2013): 674/746/1420
    Deep Dragon Mail (released Apr 2013): 778/1223/2001
    Armor of Notus (released July 2013): 954/1364/2318
    Witch's Robes (this week): 1218/1255/2473

In the mean time, Dark Prince's Armor + has always consistently been 1120/899/2019. This shows that at some point, Dark Prince's Armor had superior stats than the weekly epic boss armors, but since the early summer of 2013, the epic boss stats have exceeded that of the original armors. The gap IS widening, and as the weeks go by, the original armors are becoming more and more useless.

source: http://knights-and-dragons.wikia.com...es#Epic_Bosses

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    I'll clarify:

For instance... the max stats of the epic boss +.. (attack/defense/total)

Forgemaster's Garb (released Jan 2013): 674/746/1420
    Deep Dragon Mail (released Apr 2013): 778/1223/2001
    Armor of Notus (released July 2013): 954/1364/2318
    Witch's Robes (this week): 1218/1255/2473

In the mean time, Dark Prince's Armor + has always consistently been 1120/899/2019. This shows that at some point, Dark Prince's Armor had superior stats than the weekly epic boss armors, but since the early summer of 2013, the epic boss stats have exceeded that of the original armors. The gap IS widening, and as the weeks go by, the original armors are becoming more and more useless.

source: http://knights-and-dragons.wikia.com...es#Epic_Bosses
    Good work in investigating. Clearly the Pale Rider was being serious in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumP 86 View Post
    Good work in investigating. Clearly the Pale Rider was being serious in his post.
    Detecting sarcasm is not my forte

+1 cafe,
    Something to make chests more exciting should be done. I really like it when I get 250 or 500 gold. great use of a key. The most recent, and rather laughable attempts to make the DPC more interesting are clearly falling short of the mark. At this point, there is 0 reason for me to ever purchase and DPC or Enchanted chest...
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

They will never do radical changes to the game. Company like gree take a game idea from developers like funzio, add pay for win mechanics pratically everywhere, relase a bit by a bit slighty more content for payer players and keep the game online untill no one is more payng. Then start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakino View Post
    They will never do radical changes to the game. Company like gree take a game idea from developers like funzio, add pay for win mechanics pratically everywhere, relase a bit by a bit slighty more content for payer players and keep the game online untill no one is more payng. Then start again.
    Perhaps they will change when they see how awesome we are... lol
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyntree View Post
    +1 cafe,
    Something to make chests more exciting should be done. I really like it when I get 250 or 500 gold. great use of a key. The most recent, and rather laughable attempts to make the DPC more interesting are clearly falling short of the mark. At this point, there is 0 reason for me to ever purchase and DPC or Enchanted chest...
    Enchanted chest isn't bad. Unless you get potions or mats of course. I got 10 fusion stones and 1 potion for boss 43.

Agreed. They are all useless to an established player.

I'm saving my DPC keys hoping one day they will introduce better armors from it, or for them to have a bonus event like "open 11 chests and get a guaranteed fusion boost armor".
    Line ID: ruthlessmonkey
    IGN: Ruthless, level 500+
    Guild: Co-GM of Monkey Business (iOS), level 75, 10% for all element bonuses
    Want Top 10/25 in Raids? We're recruiting