GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: answer from gree match up formula

Hybrid View

Articulate Author
    Post Count

answer from gree match up formula

Here it is the formula that's used for match ups, is it right or wrong ?, should it be change ?, does it make sense ?.
    Is it time to change the formula to rank in event rather that overall stats, we're ever you are ranked there are 100 either side that you could go against, unless your in the top 100.
    Have your say so gree can have a think about it.

Hello,

Thank you for your message about your World Domination match-ups. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate rival faction:

--The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

--The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the event.

--How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.

As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.

Please keep in mind:

-- It can take up to an hour to receive a match after declaring war

--You may not declare war within the last hour of the event

If you have any further questions about the game please let me know.

Regards,
    Gracie
    Team GREE

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So why have we had so many battles with almost all of the apposing team with over 2mil def when I am the highest in our faction with 1.2 mil def ??????????????

The above post makes no sense what so ever

Post Count
    While the intitial look for a match-up is strength, after a certain pre-determined time, without a match, the computer will start to open the gap and look for equal rank.

My guess is that (since match-ups are happening within 30sec-2min now), is that since everyone was on here complaining for months on the time it takes to get matched, they lessened the time it takes for the computer to seacher for stats only. instead of 2 minutes of searching stats then rank, now it could be 30 sec.

But this is just my theory, and in no way 100% accurate until a mod says otherwise.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Banned
    Post Count
    You also must take into consideration faction size. It's the sum of your stats, not the average. If you're a faction of 60 with average 1m stats, you may get a faction of 30 with 2m stats.
    Last edited by Gunfighter; 10-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
    You also must take into consideration faction size. It's the sum of your stats, not the average. If your a faction of 60 with average 1m stats, you may get a faction of 30 with 2m stats.
    this.

also, keep in mind that this is real-time matching. the matching routine has only so many factions that have declared war in the last few minutes so choices might be limited. add the fudge factor to make matches more challenging and the current matching experience starts to make sense.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    OOOOOOO so this is why Gree matched our faction up with SUP1 when were outside the top 150. Screw that system, find one that works. we get matched up with SUP1 while going for win 7 of our 12 win streak.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
    You also must take into consideration faction size. It's the sum of your stats, not the average. If you're a faction of 60 with average 1m stats, you may get a faction of 30 with 2m stats.
    I don't think it works this way anymore. We've drawn at least 3 times now with the SUP small factions (SUP 3 and SUP ACE Combat Experts). They've got less than 20 people, we have 60 with comparable stats (obviously it did not end well for the SUP boys). Wonder if Gree is trying to discourage the strong small team faction concept.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    GunFighter your right but in our case we only have 36 which also includes llp and do get matched up with teams of 50 odd with high stats says it all mate it's a mess

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by free play View Post
    Here it is the formula that's used for match ups, is it right or wrong ?, should it be change ?, does it make sense ?.
    Is it time to change the formula to rank in event rather that overall stats, we're ever you are ranked there are 100 either side that you could go against, unless your in the top 100.
    Have your say so gree can have a think about it.

Hello,

Thank you for your message about your World Domination match-ups. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate rival faction:

--The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

--The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the event.

--How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.

As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.

Please keep in mind:

-- It can take up to an hour to receive a match after declaring war

--You may not declare war within the last hour of the event

If you have any further questions about the game please let me know.

Regards,
    Gracie
    Team GREE
    Oh really. Then I'd like to know why my 150-250 faction was up against SUP3 twice and SUPiii once, all in our first 6 battles.

And then Sunday night we were up against Global Strike Force. Ranked around 7 from what I could tell at the time. They had 100X the WD points we had. I have the after-battle screenshot on my phone to prove this.

GREE may say that the above is true, but either
    1) They are just plain lying, or
    2) When they "relax" the restrictions, they actually just dump them completely and anything goes.

I vote for ... Both.

Banned
    Post Count
    This game is getting lame and so many just forget that it's just a - GAME !!!

P.S. - Soon as I reach lvl 151 - I'm outa here - finding nother smurter game to play ;]

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    well, our last 5 battles have been with top 200 to 250 factions, we are eh I'd say 950, pure rubbish, I'd like some one from gree to explain, they have read this, be nice to get a comment from them, there match up system is wrong, should be a completely free lotto system, anything would be better than the way it is now

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Talking Bang!Bang!Bang!

Quote Originally Posted by free play View Post
    well, our last 5 battles have been with top 200 to 250 factions, we are eh I'd say 950, pure rubbish, I'd like some one from gree to explain, they have read this, be nice to get a comment from them, there match up system is wrong, should be a completely free lotto system, anything would be better than the way it is now
    We are beating the same drum brother!
    But no one cares because we are a lowly Top1000 team. We spend gold, just not enough for anyone that matters to take notice, lol

And by the way...'should be a free lotto system'.....I honestly thought it already was

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The matchup formula was definitely changed for this event. Your current rank played much less of a factor than in previous wars. 4 times we got to 6 of 6 in a string and we get a top 10 matchup. The 1st time we were just barely top 200.
    I do not think this was just coincidence.

In my mind they added some intelligence to the matchup system so that deep into strings it will give very tough matchup to generate gold spend.

We got the 12/12 in France, we spend plenty of gold and we know how to get the strings and finish wars. But then getting a matchup where maybe 1 or 2 in our faction even has a target actually has the counter effect, so no gold spent in those matches.

Plus the disparity between attack vs defense, the win loss rate is terrible unless you are 25% above your targets defense add in the stat inflation and these mismatches start to look very ridiculous.

Another example of mismatch that was quite frustrating is the proliferation of 15 to 40 man very high stat factions that got much benefit from the adjusted formula weighting total faction strength much more than rank.

These events are supposed to be fun. When we are having fun, we are somewhat happy to spend gold...
    Instead of more gold spend you just got more retirements.
    Crime City 273-630-322 and 317-443-276
    Kingdom Age 488-876-644 and 971-958-815
    Modern War 801-860-998 and 538 208 181
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "Undocumented worker" is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHoosier View Post
    The matchup formula was definitely changed for this event. Your current rank played much less of a factor than in previous wars. 4 times we got to 6 of 6 in a string and we get a top 10 matchup. The 1st time we were just barely top 200.
    I do not think this was just coincidence.

In my mind they added some intelligence to the matchup system so that deep into strings it will give very tough matchup to generate gold spend.

We got the 12/12 in France, we spend plenty of gold and we know how to get the strings and finish wars. But then getting a matchup where maybe 1 or 2 in our faction even has a target actually has the counter effect, so no gold spent in those matches.

Plus the disparity between attack vs defense, the win loss rate is terrible unless you are 25% above your targets defense add in the stat inflation and these mismatches start to look very ridiculous.

Another example of mismatch that was quite frustrating is the proliferation of 15 to 40 man very high stat factions that got much benefit from the adjusted formula weighting total faction strength much more than rank.

These events are supposed to be fun. When we are having fun, we are somewhat happy to spend gold...
    Instead of more gold spend you just got more retirements.
    We also had streaks broken early. We changed strategies and went as high as we could in rankings.

Also fun in this game is usually 1 sided. Getting beat by Sup is no fun. Beating a lower is. Adapt or die

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkstar View Post
    We also had streaks broken early. We changed strategies and went as high as we could in rankings.

Also fun in this game is usually 1 sided. Getting beat by Sup is no fun. Beating a lower is. Adapt or die
    We used that strategy from the 1st minute. We kept,our score low and managed our ranking closely as we have done in the 2 previous wars to great success.

The point I am making the matchup system for Mexico was definately changed. Ranking had very little effect on the matchups you get. Overall strength was the key factor and I suspect some special manipulation if you are far into a high string to stimulate gold spend.
    Crime City 273-630-322 and 317-443-276
    Kingdom Age 488-876-644 and 971-958-815
    Modern War 801-860-998 and 538 208 181
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "Undocumented worker" is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"