Page 1 of 2 12 Last

wriggling roots....help

I've been trying to get them for the swamp shaman robes but after clearing that map on epic 10x all I get is one pair and the rest hydra scales...is there some secret to getting them

No secret, just keep going, and perhaps on mighty or valor, epic you can only do once or twice and then have to wait to heal (depending on your armours). . .
    Android
    Lv. 200+

WIP
    Blazeborn, Northener, Maelstrom, Nian+, Redstone+, Wraithscale+

Max
    Kerstman's Shroud/Arborsteel Vanguard/Tectonic Mantle/Maelstrom Irons/Armour of the Devoted

Try first level of epic, kingdom of darkness just do it over n over

If he's asking for help cause they can't get wiggleing roots, he probably cant do kingdom of darkness yet...

I had this problem during the "Great Old One" event. The bosses kept dropping the stuff I didn't need. I tried a number of different things to see if it helped increase the drop rate of what I wanted, but nothing helped. I'd heard from a guild member that attacking the boss with the opposite element might help, but I could find nothing conclusive in that strategy.
    The only advice I can offer is keep trying. I remember trying to get enough Roots to fulfill a mission and was having the same problem. The stupid boss would only drop Hydra Scales. Eventually I got them but had to go through the swamp about 700 times, lol. Just keep at it...time is on your side.

Thx guys...on a plus note I can build a few hydra hunters now

Here's the secret...if you want something, it'll mostly drop the opposite

I farmed dark prince first stage for the great old ones quest. Hydra drop was very low.

The trick to getting the 3* game materials is persistence. The 3" game armors have (seemingly) lower drop rates.
    FM Rien
    K&D: XBB-GYH-PQX

Farming the normal level will make it easier, and the drop rates are pretty similar
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Keep grinding.... or farm the first stage of epic on Kingdom of Darkness.
    IGN:Nova
    Level:10x
    Retired

I'm going to join the choir, and tell you that you just need to keep repeating the levels again and again, as the drop rates for the wriggling roots are pretty low.

As said, doing the first round of the epic level at the Kingdom of Darkness will help (do the 1/4 battle and then quit, return, repeat) with your impatience level as you just need to kill 5 monsters only to see the results. If you want to work at the Misty Marsh instead, farm at the normal level, because I really haven't noticed a noticeable change in the drop rates at the more difficult level. Visiting the normal level will be shorter (time wise) and will use up less of your energy.

Kingdom of Darkness on Epic will get you roots almost every time.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Lol....I've managed to get two paird of the roots since this mornings post out of 7 attempts...still need ten more. I didn't bother doing any research until it was too late. I have none of the big four or basic four yet....just the boss armors,river mantle and a storm sorcerer

Wriggling Roots have been PISSING ME OFF.