Current battle match ups // similar teams or lopsided match ups??? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current battle match ups // similar teams or lopsided match ups???

Banned
    Post Count
    I cannot speak for all but as for the syndicates receiving lopsided match ups, but those facing off with SAS ( 1 thru 13 ) we are testing a new theory about the match up formula and pairing system ( thank you to our allies and friends who provided the raw data we needed ) ..... So far, it is proving true.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Slapper View Post
    I'm curious what kind of match ups everyone is getting?

We are a top 50 team and we were tanking IP, but it wasn't doing a thing.

In 14 battles we've had like 7 top 25 teams (multiple inside top 10), 4 top 50 teams, and 3 outside the top 50 based on previous battle rank. No team we've faced has been outside the top 100 for previous rankings. Our curent team IP was outside the top 250 for most of the fights.

Is everyone else getting multiple lopsided fights regardless of current team IP and current team strength or not?
    In other words, your matchups have been consistent with what a Top 50 team normally faces despite your current IP total. What do you think that means?

It means your fights are not disregarding "current team strength." You are facing teams close to yours in stats despite your current IP total. The fact that you are matching teams that have previously displayed an ability to put up more IP than you is unfortunate, but no team is unbeatable. Except FC.

Quote Originally Posted by declojmtgf View Post
    We are top 250 and have been getting alot of top 25s and we are getting slaughtered..... it sux when the syn we are going against the dl is 3 times stronger than our stongest player...
    By "we are top 250" do you mean you are consistently in the top 250, or that you are only sitting in the top 250 at the moment, and have previously ranked much higher? I'm betting the latter. The strength of the DL is irrelevant to a matchup. I could join a Top 500 team or something and have stats triple what they've ever seen, but that doesn't suddenly make that Top 500 team any better. I bet the majority of their other players were quite hittable.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1greeny2 View Post
    I'm in a top 400 Syndicate & we faced a top 50 Syndicate!
    And FC sometimes faces Top 25 and Top 50 teams. Guess which matchup is more lopsided?

Thank you all for the input! Keep it coming.

I disagree with the "if you're in the top 400 lookout for top 100 teams."

We were ranked 300ish (purposely) and drew Solemn Carnage (regular top 10) who was either 2nd or 3rd in IP, so current Team IP had no bearing. Trust me I wish it did bc we got are asses kicked!

Is anyone else getting paired with teams MUCH stronger on a regular basis during the current battle?
    Because stat-wise, you are a top 50 team. It is not unusual for a Top 10 to match a Top 50, and if people weren't playing whacky because of win streaks, you would see a Top 10 vs Top 50 like 4-5 times in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    How are these wars matched up?! Strength of syn? Points earned?
    I'm genuinely interested.
    My current group has been outside the top 75 most of the war. Putting up minimal points like others in hopes for win streaks.
    Yet we've drawn Bad Blood Rising twice, Sunnyvale, SAS, and Fight Club and others.... Wtf?!

I'm perplexed and really interested in knowing how the match making is determined.
    It is primarily your syndicate's stats. Your syndicate rank is secondary, which is why it is silly for Top 10 teams to intentionally tank. They will match the same teams they would have anyway. A different story might be if you assembled a team of, say, Top 250 players (stat-wise, though if they are in a Top 250 for a while, that's about what their stats would be) who each committed to spend on par with a Top 50 syndicate. They would be ranked in the Top 50, but their matchups would be more consistent with that of a Top 250 (some Top 100 teams, some Top 400 teams, etc). In other words, you want players on your team who spend more on war than their stats indicate. Put a high stat "retired" player in a syndicate, and he will cause you to get stronger teams (not by himself though, since he is only 1/60 or whatever-- but if you assembled a team of "retired" players they'd definitely see top matchups despite their low IP). Again, just like all the other players I just responded to above, I'm guessing by "top 75" you mean "we are currently sitting in the Top 75, but we are much better than that." In which case you are receiving matches appropriate for your team's stats.

Post Count
    Seems matches are made more on past performance than current ranking

Post Count
    We are having simliar match up issues. We have been just out side the top 400 last 2 battle (432 and 411 last war). This war we have faces 10 or so top 100 and 150 teams, they destroyed us almost every time. Our stats where no we're near there's.
    We have also been matched up with the exact same team in a row, that has happend twice. We are currently top 400, not sure why we don't get more top 400-500 teams, more closer to our stats.

We are currently matched with a top 150 after taking on and top 100 the match before.

I feel some of your guys pain.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    it does seem to be much more closely linked to your syndicate strength, rather than current ip.
    with so many going for streaks there are many teams thinking if they lurk in the lower ip ranges they might be matched against poorer syndicates. From most of these responses, and our match ups it seems you might get a few but over the course of the war your going to get matched more with similar strength syndicates.

it would be more beneficial for gree to match this way as more gold will have to be spent against a team with similar stats than a worse team on similar ip. people are only spending gold at the minute to keep streaks going. once streaks are done we might see a huge raise in ip on monday.

be interesting to see the figures for overall gold spend this war compared to last one.

Post Count
    Can this matchmaking never be fixed, I wanna go up against some of the weaker mwwm groups lurking around top1500

Post Count
    Must be based on syndicate strength .... Just got the same, evenly matched opponent 3 times in 5 battles

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Battle Match-ups

I am the leader of The Expendables. We run a 58 member team. We started off good with 6 wins and no losses. Now we face 10-20 man teams that have stats that far surpass ours. We hit the hideout, PA the DL, and then scout. Normally we scout the targets around our levels. Now we scout the lowest level on the team in hopes our strongest members can beat them. Then we everyone that can hammers on that
    one target.
    I opened a ticket with Gree who sent me a wonderful reply of how battles work. They did however give
    give me one tid-bit of information that makes total sense. Battle match-ups are not based on previous
    placement. Teams are matched up by the total stats of the team.
    So for easy math if all 58 members of my team have 100k each we are facing teams half our size with
    200K each. It's not very sporting for the high stat teams to be doing this and it makes the game battles
    suck, for lack of a better word.
    I give a big KUDOS to the teams that figured this out. They are not hackers or cheaters. They are smarter than Gree. They figured out how to beat the system. They also figured out a way to beat Gree out of tons of gold purchases. If there are no close match-ups then why would we
    spend gold to try to win. We wouldn't and we aren't.
    I know it is frustrating at the moment but I guarantee they will find a way to fix this. After all
    they are here to make money and we are here to play. If they don't fix it they will lose more
    money and definitely players.
    So guys just bite the bullet and take your medicine. This isn't Gree's fault. We are just playing
    the game with some smart people that figured it out before we did.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What is fun is a barely top 400 faction with 58 members in a very limited gold use faction facing a 4 man faction all over 2 million defense... we have a couple of members over 600k atk.. But the majority .. if not 95% are over 400K.. The math doesn't add up... another theory down the drain

Banned
    Post Count
    It's not rocket science. Anyone with half a brain knew this was the way forward. Yes I know that rules out half the players.
    Gree have decided on what they think is a way to beat them doing it. It's called the individual quests that should of been going on alongside this war, until gree messed it up. If they make it enough wins needed the they will still have to spend the gold.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Really Gree. Fix the matching system. You are hurting my syndicate by these mismatches of battles.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We are a top 25 / 30 syndicate who this weekend has faced two top 10's three times apiece! (Historically top 10's, not necessarily currently in the top 10).

Really?!

If it wasn't for those six battles we'd be doing ok lol.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

What?

Quote Originally Posted by narsly View Post
    What is fun is a barely top 400 faction with 58 members in a very limited gold use faction facing a 4 man faction all over 2 million defense... we have a couple of members over 600k atk.. But the majority .. if not 95% are over 400K.. The math doesn't add up... another theory down the drain
    Are you talking about your own syndicate?
    If you are referring to my post, I said for easy math. It's not a theory, it's what the Gree Rep told me.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Matchups

Thank you all for the input! Keep it coming.

I disagree with the "if you're in the top 400 lookout for top 100 teams."

We were ranked 300ish (purposely) and drew Solemn Carnage (regular top 10) who was either 2nd or 3rd in IP, so current Team IP had no bearing. Trust me I wish it did bc we got are asses kicked!

Is anyone else getting paired with teams MUCH stronger on a regular basis during the current battle?
    I'm in a top 250 group, the last 3 matchups have been brutal. Our highest player is 755def. The last 3 teams have had players up to 100 levels below us with 10 members or more with def above 1 mil. We are now 14-12 and fell out of the top 250 . Plus our highest player never received gold units he purchased and wants to quit because gree wouldn't refund his gold .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Look, gree this isn't difficult . If the matchups are done by average attack then the matchups will be more even for the most part. No one expects to face a team that your whole team can beat. However, we also don't expect to face a team that no one can beat. We are a team of mostly "original" players . We have alot over level 200. These level 100-150 players whose Att/def is 500 k and more are killing the teams of players who made this game popular. We are the ones who played when getting a 22/20 weapon made you king ( everyone knows the now ancient m4a1).