GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early War Shenannigans...A Cautionary Tale

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Early War Shenannigans...A Cautionary Tale

Well folks, I'll give a quick run-down of how things are going in my faction tonight on the first day of the Mexico World Domination event.

Things started out pretty interesting...logged on an saw a huge bird in my inventory. We all thought sweet...here's a gift from Gree in apology for the ridiculous LTQ with absolute gobbs of XP in return for crap units. 20 minutes into the battle, all of us start getting losses for our scouted targets, and wouldn't 'cha know...no more big bird in inventory. Then our stats really started dropping for unknown reasons.

Well, easy come, easy go, I guess.

Then we get matched up with factions sporting llps on steroids: level 36 accounts with nearly 2 mil defense. So, none of us can get any points, and any points we get are about the same as hitting the command center. Our wall hitters got more WD points. Good strategy for them, but for us...pure buzz kill.

Then, there's the level 15 walls...about 23 hits to take them down, and our faction leader is pissed for having to spend all of his free time building the lousy walls, as if it were some North Korean prison camp chore.

For the last however many wars, we were up setting timers about when to get up in the middle of night for battles. Now, it's crickets chirping in the groupme chat.

This gameplay dynamic has killed it for us. It used to be fun, but now it's an exercise in frustration. For those that have adapted...good job, and I wish you much success in your pursuit of happiness.

On the brighter side, I'm not feeling guilty about going to my Halloween parties, and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my family, or even putting in some time at work to make money, rather than spending it here.

So, unless we dedicate our lives to getting some additional iOs devices to get llps up to speed, we'll be done with the game in the next week or so...the fun has left even the camaraderie that kept us going in the recent past. Maybe I'll just have a goal of redesigning my base to look cool for the android visitors...because of course, iOs users don't get to see base decorations.

While I have no doubt that MW will continue, it will probably be more like a few people with six iPhones and iPads spread out on a table going against the same 50 or so other players doing the same.

It was a good run Gree...nearly two years. I just could care less about the game at this point.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Total Gree incompetence at the beginning - Again.

It's not a one off. Every war there is a mess up. Every event something goes wrong.

So who are the developers and more to the point who is testing cos neither is doing a good job.

Post Count
    Here here!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Angry

[QUOTE=Robespierre;1045848]

Then we get matched up with factions sporting llps on steroids: level 36 accounts with nearly 2 mil defense. So, none of us can get any points, and any points we get are about the same as hitting the command center. Our wall hitters got more WD points. Good strategy for them, but for us...pure buzz kill.

I hear you mate. We had this several times last war, and it SUCKS....
    Not Romeo Echo Delta or the Little Bus Riders by any chance?? We had both repeatedly last war, and have R.E.D. Twice now this war. No chance of a win streak, no chance of winning period..... Whole team demoralised, and wondering why bother turning up to fight, lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    Total Gree incompetence at the beginning - Again.

It's not a one off. Every war there is a mess up. Every event something goes wrong.

So who are the developers and more to the point who is testing cos neither is doing a good job.
    Personally I don't think it is the incompetence of the dev's.
    It is a management mess, I think.
    Ditching staff and trying to run a lean machine to decrease cost to try and salvage a sinking ship.
    The dev's are probably asked to do more with less resource, hence you get quality issues.
    More often than not management is to blame, as they hire and determine strategy.
    If a dev is seriously incompetent than management should fire them.

For the blame, look up. The guys with the biggest wallets are likely to be the culprits.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I was thinking of starting a thread just like this but you did a better job explaining how frustrating it has now become at WD weekend. It used to be a thing you stayed up for and looked forward to but it's all messed up.

I will add to your list that our matchups have been brutal. We are consistent 150 faction getting regular matchups with top 25 factions. Our last faction matchup was with the current 10th spot!

Everyone's defense is so much stronger than their attack that you need to find a real lackey to hit. I can not even win a battle with someone half my power.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Get editorial, my only editors note I would make is you forgot to mention the mysterious regenerating Defense Leader. Randomly pops back up during the battle.

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice effort on the whinge. I like effort! 100% agree with ya

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice post, I feel the same exact way.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Very Nice post, very nice indeed...
    ***Tired Of Walking***

Health Regen -30%
    Building Output +10%
    Building Defence +25%
    Infantry Defence +35%
    Infantry Attack +15%
    Ground Defence +30%
    Ground Attack +10%
    Air Defence +20%
    Air Attack +5%
    Sea Defence +15%
    Sea Attack +5%
    Guild Increase +28
    ____,^==¬¬¬¬,,____/|_________^
    )_,.--'''[¡]'''''"""''\_\****”””””

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We got hammered by mini hulks early in wd but now they jumped far out of my top 1500 teams radar. Now it is tough battles but against players we CAN beat. I don't know where your team ranks but its safe and fun down here.
    I

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I concour Robespierre....great post. Enjoy your weekend, like many, I can imagine your family will be pleased....there is life outside the game

Post Count
    Very nice job and I agree 100%!

My added $.02 -- I'm in RED. It was my solution to how much it sucks to be spending gold. Tiny strong free teams are the way of the future. My defense is about 60% higher than my offense... and it was getting stupidly hard to find targets in a top 10 faction.

My added $.03 -- I also have a mini on steroids, thanks to stat inflation. Its a Level 49 defense leader in another faction. Yes, the defense leader. Hello Gree! A level 49 defense leader!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree screwed TCK over as well!
    Last war, we had to score over 30k only one time
    This war, we've already faced two opponents who've scored 40k on us.
    We shouldn't be getting these difficult of matchups as a top 1500 faction!
    One battle, the opponents DL was over a million higher than ours.

Because of all this Gree mess, we went from a 25-1 team last war, to a 4-4 team so far

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Banned
    Post Count
    Totally agree, even tried to adapt and struggling last 4 battles just nonsense, can't even be arsed taking DL down this time...