Page 1 of 2 12 Last

The issue of longevity and Spirit

Hello everyone!

There has been a lot being said about this new war and it seems like the feelings mostly range from discontentment to pure disgust. I'm not seeing many positive things being brought up... I want to know your thoughts on some of these issues.

Let's outline/analyze this a bit:
    -72-hour war
    -ANOTHER Spirit Epic
    -The Epic is Mono element

There has been a lot of talk about how 3 days/72 hours is a bit much. I'm one of those people! I don't care to really go into this because like I said, there's already been a lot of talk about it.. My final thoughts on it are that if GREE were to do bi-weekly 36-hour wars (or even 40-something), there would be a lot more interest and different strategies with gem spending.

Now let's consider this new Epic. Ironically, those who have been devoted to this game have had enough with Spirit Epics. I believe this will be the 4th one? Counting: Moontide, Forgestone, Necromantle, and now this one. With that said, it's no longer funny. It's no longer fun. There is nothing to really look forward to about this war... Usually the highlight of the war is the new Epic.

Next.. Breaking down the Mono vs Dual Element:
    Max Stats of Forgestone+ is 1804|1673 (3477) while Devoted+ is 1915|1754 (3669)
    At 7% bonuses, Forgestone+ is 3477+14% = 3963.78
    At 7% bonuses, Devoted+ is 3669+7% = 3925.83
    *I've used 7% because this is the number that helps me make a point.

With this minor calculation, it's easy to see that a high-stats mono Epic like this loses its meaning, not to mention it being countered much too easily. Note, this is taking into consideration the reward for the FIRST Android war..
    There is also the note where the Sky Majesty and Blazeborne can easily destroy this new Epic. I wouldn't be surprised if Gree came out with a Water/Fire Epic right before the guild war starts..

Please add more points of discussion and let me know what your thoughts are. At this point, I already have my quit-date set. It's not a huge deal.. Rather, it's the idea that many of us will probably be done with this game sooner than later.

Also, this is not meant to start any type of debate.. It's meant to see what your thoughts are and how long you are willing to stick it out and keep spending on a game that does not offer the players what they truly want.

TL;DR: KnD has gotten much too repetitive, even for someone who is almost lvl 500..

Edit:
    drygores brings up the very good point of all 3 Android wars having had Spirit.
    iH8t2lose2 also brings up a good point.. a weekend war would do everyone a lot of good...
    Last edited by KTran2013; 10-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    CasuaLady
    Casually Majestic - Lvl 163
    Lady - Lvl 1000 - RETIRED!

Armors Data

AMEN..

A lot of guilds are not even trying this time.. Its just not good..

If I could convince every guild to spend 0 gems next week I would...

GM of Beastmode Gods
    Line: ORYIHM

This event is make people in my guild question the game entirely. Some are not participating. Ide be sad to see what would happen with another let down following this one. With 5 choices of different elements. How can spirit be in all 3 war epics?
    Is it A) its their attempt to spread out rewards(I.e. same guilds won't go for the same gear over and over)
    Or b) they want people to get bored and quit
    Or c) they have no clue what they are doing and the guy deciding these rewards is simply obbsesed with purple.

The more I think about it the more I begin to feel A is correct. Are we, the top 10, just getting greedy ourselves? And believe we should get every war epic? Cause think, if we all decided not to spend, 10 other "no-name" guilds would because they don't have this "to many epics with spirit" problem. Many out there have the "I can't get a ****** epic!@!@" problem. Just something to ponder...I just can't think of any other reason why
    Last edited by drygores; 10-25-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I personally would like a war over the weekends, it would benefit the most overall people I believe. I like the rewards for all before 10 though.

Ok fine....

Who are the horrible developers running this game....
    Last edited by Joshx135; 10-25-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    IGN:Nova
    Level:10x
    Retired

Technically Lugo develops the content.. Gree just takes a cut, as does Funzio.

GM of Beastmode Gods
    Line: ORYIHM

I understand all your frustrations. But my guild has never gotten top 10, although we have been close, so I really couldn't care less about the element. And it is very strong. But I don't like that its a mono and doesn't get two stat boosts.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    I understand all your frustrations. But my guild has never gotten top 10, although we have been close, so I really couldn't care less about the element. And it is very strong. But I don't like that its a mono and doesn't get two stat boosts.
    Spirit is probably one of the worst elements in the game right now as far as Epics go since it only beats 1 and gets destroyed by 3, one of which is VERY common now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Spirit is probably one of the worst elements in the game right now as far as Epics go since it only beats 1 and gets destroyed by 3, one of which is VERY common now.
    True I suppose.... but it would be better than my Guardian's Battlegear either way. And an epic is an epic.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

My other big question is:
    How are iOS top 10 teams playing this out? Will you skip on this or will you continue to pool in copious amounts of money to get an Epic armor that is fairly useless to you?
    CasuaLady

Armors Data

As A guild we are not excited about this war. With that said, we do have a sister guild full of people who never have received a war epic that don't care about the element being spirit. This will be another "auto pilot" at #10 for US.
    Are you serious about KnD and an active player? Tired of not receiving war epics after spending your hard earned gems? If so, contact me with any inquires about joining one of the original top 10 guilds on Android.

Line ID: daveo2

Quote Originally Posted by drygores View Post
    This event is make people in my guild question the game entirely. Some are not participating. Ide be sad to see what would happen with another let down following this one. With 5 choices of different elements. How can spirit be in all 3 war epics?
    Is it A) its their attempt to spread out rewards(I.e. same guilds won't go for the same gear over and over)
    Or b) they want people to get bored and quit
    Or c) they have no clue what they are doing and the guy deciding these rewards is simply obbsesed with purple.

The more I think about it the more I begin to feel A is correct. Are we, the top 10, just getting greedy ourselves? And believe we should get every war epic? Cause think, if we all decided not to spend, 10 other "no-name" guilds would because they don't have this "to many epics with spirit" problem. Many out there have the "I can't get a ****** epic!@!@" problem. Just something to ponder...I just can't think of any other reason why
    I agree. My guild has steadily progressed from the 200's, to placing at 72nd (I believe, I can't remember now lol). Everyone is complaining, but all in all, I think it's more about getting other guilds geared up. I've spent some money on this game, but nowhere the amount the top guilds have. It'd be nice to have a chance to place high enough to get our guild epic'd out.

I know!!! Its designed to make the usual top ten contenders not try and let the others behind top ten who dont have epics push to get top ten.

This has to be it. No other explanation possible lol. I dont know one top ten guild who says they plan on trying very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
    I know!!! Its designed to make the usual top ten contenders not try and let the others behind top ten who dont have epics push to get top ten.

This has to be it. No other explanation possible lol. I dont know one top ten guild who says they plan on trying very hard.
    I really want to agree with you, but I also really would like to see the leaders post here so that we all can be on the same page. It's difficult to see what is actually going to happen next week without more information.
    CasuaLady

Armors Data

It's probably the case. If Gree makes the wars more frequent then guilds will start to choose which wars to try for a top 10 and which ones to not bother with. That way the epics get spread around the player base more.