Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Declining world population

I'm making a thread specifically for this topic, as GREE does not seem to want to address the subject as it comes up in other areas.

I notice the active player population of my world is gradually declining. Some players are leaving the game, some are trying new worlds.

GREE needs to address the continuity of this game. Opening a new world once a month is a band-aid approach, and is insulting to the players. We shouldn't have to "start over" because out of control reward structures and safeguard game mechanics are out of wack.

Some things that can be addressed to add continuity:

- hard level caps for attacking players (players 5 levels above/below CANNOT be attacked). This gives new players some safety from high level eradication, and allows them to compete at their level.
    - altered reward structure. The same players/alliance always win the events. Period. Change the reward structure so the rich aren't always getting super richer, and the poor continue to be super poor.
    - bade capping / immunity. Not sure what to do here. But some tweaks would be helpful. I can't stay online 24 hours a day to ensure nobody is capping my super. Some people can't sit on their iPad / iPod all day everyday.

Thoughts?

I like your suggestion on hard level caps as long as it goes both ways. Personally I don't hit lowbies anyways but I know people do.

I disagree with the base capping. It already takes around 9 hours to cap an op. That's sufficient in my opinion. Heck if you are capped for 9 hours with no help then i would suggest an alliance change.

When your level 44 and there's only a few players around you above the 5 levels it makes it would make it hard to hit people.

While I agree with the method that players 5 levels above you can't attack, it also leads to the same problem that Lachlan has. Many that are level 38's that have most of their OPs around their HB barely have anything above hawks. Being from a former top alliance I have the commanders to annihilate and cap them and I have researched everything. They will eventually leave the game and one of the players I attacked during every even finally got mad and cussed me out. I hardly hit for AP any more...more for AP goals since I won't mine U/T in the middle any more.

The altered reward structure is an idea, HOWEVER, this would tick off the ones that always win the events as they are gold players. They pay the bills. Looking at the different worlds, each one goes through almost exactly the same phases in one way or another and basically the worlds become a battle of about 300 active players and the rest casual to the point of non-existent.

The base capping thing is going to happen. It is a necessity because eventually the world will run out of worthwhile spots, 34's and 38's. We have even ran out of level 30 NPC's in our world. Also taking 9 hours to cap an OP is alright but when you are being occupied by level 90 commanders and a handful of members have level 70's you are not going to reinforce or knock the cap.

There is no real way to add continuity to the game. It is a gold spender game. You can get far if you ride under the wings of the gold spenders but there isn't any other way. There are a couple of tactics that work very effectively but once the strong players figure them out the odds are no longer evened. Want to keep your bases and units? Buy immunity before you go to sleep. Tired of traveling 5 hours to hit a guy? Teleport. Need more oil? Buy a resource pack.

I'm on server 9 at level 15 being hit by a level 31.

the 5 level rules needs brining in properly, only hits recently on my main servers have been from 6 and above.

there are ways to add continuity. they could have something to fight over?
    solo events are pointless for the majority. gold users training 10m UV in 20 minutes? what is the fun in that

want to fix the game, give a reason for players to stick around, because no new player will join a new server if there are level 30's within hours with 10m UV of units.
    daily gifts are shocking, far too many junior and senior recruits, which are useless.

Te level cap is messed up. I'm level 45, the highest in world 10. The reason why I'm so high is because every time I attack someone my experience goes up. I used to have the highest AP in the world, and stopped so others could catch up to my level. I'm now at about 950 mil AP, and ranked 9 or so. My ally has about 2.5 bil AP, and is only level 44. I gain a level for about every 200 mil AP. when I get to 2 bil AP I will be somewhere around level 50. My point is, different players gain experience differently. Because of my possibly glitched experience, I can not attack anyone below level 40, which means I can attack about 10 players in the world after subtracting the guys in my alliance that are 40+. I don't think there should even be levels in the game. They serve no purpose other than to punish players that attack people 5 levels below them. There are better ways to in force this, such as basing it on AP, or number of bases. At this point in the game, I hardly ever attack anyone. I just log in a couple times a day and send a couple waves at 30 npcs to level commanders. If I had no commanders to level, I wouldn't ever log in.

come on, 5 levels and above are not punished at all. they lose like 20% BP which is naff all when you hit some lowbie with rails and they got 1 mill BP.
    and when you get idiots destroying outposts for no reason, people will just leave.
    there is a thing called respect, those that come to play a game will just leave because people who are spending stupid ammounts of gold and taking it seriously are the ones that are ruining the servers.
    Last edited by phalanx1337; 10-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.

No one cares phalanx... Not a single person in the game that is beating someone 5 levels below them cares if they quit.

well yes they do care, because they then moan about having no players.

Gree - please advise if there are any plans on merging worlds or having cross-world events.

There seems little point continuing to invest time (or money) when there are only a few hundred active players left
    Crime City: iseenodoom, Doom's mob (owner), syndicate #225 995 144
    116th Midtown, 78th Market Plaza

Modern War: Doomnosee, East Coast Elite (officer), faction #444 903 980
    103rd Brazil*, 103rd Greenland, 54th Egypt, 53rd China

Kingdom Age: Krabat, Order of Dragon Knights (officer), guild #592 797 474
    12th Dragon's Roost

Friendly bump

Ours is dieing very quickly now

Quote Originally Posted by ReVMD View Post
    . Rev brought that on themselves with that join us or die mentality. You guys had an alliance with the top 2 teams and only attack weaker teams until u ran them to a new world. anytime someone place high on individual events Rev attacked them until they left there alliance and joined up with you. You were afraid of competition but now you have none. I can remember fighting your entire alliance for 26 straight hours because I capped a 38 and would not give it up to your leader. I left W12 and joined W20 along with the arrogant Rev players and they realized that they are not that good and left back to the comfort of W12. So don't cry now because Rev did it to themselves. My suggestion is disband the top three alliances and start over.

I think we could make the new worlds different, like instead of the middle being super good there are patches all around of uranium and titanium, and worlds of different sizes. This way you could find a world that you really like.

Some other ideas for worlds:
    Caps on uv, so you can either have a whole bunch of crap troops or a few good ones.
    Smaller/bigger alliances

Although I doubt Gree would want to change the way the worlds are set up

Quote Originally Posted by ReVMD View Post
    Ours? As far as I can see, you have been banned from the game.
    Hopefully your AppleID will be banned from other Gree's games aswell.

The worlds die especially when cheating. You guys ruined the world
    on your own, while many others tried to save it. Luckily it has some
    activity left. It may increase now when your powergap has been
    reduced and frauds revealed.

It's a way to play. Just wondering why you have to cheat when you
    can play fair with the major powergap and still win.

(For the record: RevMD and a few others used boost glitch to boost
    commanders up to 200% personal perm boosts, etc. which is kind of
    impossible to achieve or play against.)