Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Sexism/objectification of women in gaming.

Why the girls always gotta have big boobies spilling out of skimpy armor and the dudes always badass-looking and fully armored up...things like that?

I mean...this comes from GREE's Dragon Age.

I like hot girls with big thingies, too...but always seeing women hyper-sexualized is boring. As a red-blooded male, it's even almost a bit offensive.

To usually attract male players from what I can tell it irritates me that they do it allot but then in a way I don't complain when a game over ecsessive uses it then it just ridicouls
    IGN: Deatux [XBF-FNH-ZCD]
    LINE: deatux
    GUILD: The Silver Sword
    POSITION: Guild Master
    LEVEL: 117
    ARMOR:
    Black Kaleidoscopic Raiment+, Witch's Robes+, Clayplate Mantle, Horseman's Battlegear+, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Sky Guardian

agreed guys there it is getting out of hand. once in awhile sure but not 8 or 9 chars in a game need to be that way.

Eh it is what it is. Games are generally marketed towards a male audience and sex sells. I've grown to ignore it over the years.

Because most men want to objectify women solely by how they look while women should be valued because they are women. That about sums it up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maxed: Combustion, Moontide, Blazebourne, Maelstrom Irons, Beastmaster Battlegear, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Red Kal+, Armor of the Devoted

Quit Game

This used to bother me. I've gotten used to it after a while, and it doesn't bother me all that much. I do wonder how they come out of fights without a scratch though. Skin of steel?

Have you seen the characters in League of Legends? xD
    Knights & Dragons
    Code: WBD - BZF - XXM
    Guild: Crit Happens
    Guild Position: Guild Master

Rage of the Immortals
    Code: QFQ - QZX - XRZ
    Faction: The Immortals
    Faction Position: Initiate

Line ID: frosteesnoman
    Favorite Food: Corn
    "The only good dog, is a hot dog"

I agree . It's a huge problem

hmmm I think the reason is quite obvious, Gaming is predominantly a Hobby for males therefore game developers believe that they will get a larger player base by trying to make there Animated/fake characters seductive. A great example of this League Of Legends, Just recently a new champion "Jinx" was added into the game, and because her tits were not bigger then Gragas' (you'll only get that if you've played it :P) Riot Games copped abuse. I mean She was still barely wearing any clothes but because she was not appealing to the eyes of some poor sensitive 40 year old virgin pedophiles, The company got crap for it.

Good point to bring up
    Knights + Dragons
    IGN/Line ID: Zarlakk
    Code:WBC - ZGC - HBX
    Clan: Crit Happens
    Clan Position:Recruiter/ Guild Sentinel

Men are considered "better" if they are strong.
    Women are considered "better" if they are sexy.

That's just nature... men choose women mostly according to phisical appeareances, while women are attracted to "strong" men that can protect the sons.

No sexism, imo

Quote Originally Posted by The Justice View Post
    Men are considered "better" if they are strong.
    Women are considered "better" if they are sexy.

That's just nature... men choose women mostly according to phisical appeareances, while women are attracted to "strong" men that can protect the sons.

No sexism, imo
    Thats... way too accurate! xD
    Knights & Dragons
    Code: WBD - BZF - XXM
    Guild: Crit Happens
    Guild Position: Guild Master

Rage of the Immortals
    Code: QFQ - QZX - XRZ
    Faction: The Immortals
    Faction Position: Initiate

Line ID: frosteesnoman
    Favorite Food: Corn
    "The only good dog, is a hot dog"

As a female gamer myself i think it is quite annoying. I mean, when i pick a female character i want a badass option too. Instead of the 'long dress' or the ' you wear so less armor you're going to get yourself killed' option.

I don't think its sexist though. I mean the main audiance is males, so don't expect to see fine dressed women or males walking around without a shirt xD

I often end up with male characters though because i dont want to walk around in a dress or half-naked.

Bad ass looks for the win ! c:
    Name : wolfgirl
    Line ID : Wolfgirlnl
    Lvl : 115
    Guild : Undead Wolves.

Gemspending? : rarely. I dont have work so no gems for me most of the times. I'm mainly known to bring joy to a guild and i draw a lot for other people in the guild c: im almost always online on line chat so always in for a talk.

Armor :
    -cyclone chainmail MAXED
    -blazeborne MAXED
    -beastmaster battlegear MAXED
    -moontide + MAXED
    -arborsteel vanguard MAXED

im a white male player (as shown in my main knight) my other 5 knights are all females of different ethnicities though LOL
    this one time.. at dragon training camp..
    friskie lvl 175 guild master
    The Mushroom Men lvl 45 element bonuses 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxilated View Post
    excuse me but this is not FB, so stop your pointless threadmaking

Quote Originally Posted by friskie View Post
    im a white male player (as shown in my main knight) my other 5 knights are all females of different ethnicities though LOL
    Same here! Got a white leader with a squad of nubian warrior princesses.

It's been awhile since I've seen Game of Thrones, and I've only seen up to season 2, but there is that big chick that is a major asskicker. Chicks should be like that.

Wink

Lol I just got this perspective but I guess it suppose to attract the "creepers"