Low Level Players in Syndicate Battles

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Level Players in Syndicate Battles

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Low Level Players in Syndicate Battles

This may be a basic question but I was wondering if having really weak players in a syndicate is actually harmful?

We're in a syndicate with 25/36 players, so around 11 spots open and we get a lot of requests from really low level players, maybe level 10 or below with terrible stats.

My question is not really whether having these players is useless, its about whether its worse than useless? Sure, they can be easy targets during the war but opponents scoring points doesn't really affect ones own positioning.

What do other syndicates do? Do you reject low level requests even if there's be no-one else to fill those spots?

Post Count

good question

We are in about the same position and have been debating the same thing. They can be useful as dl power attack or wall bashers or even other syndicate low lvl hitters. With the current stat inflation in a couple months they can be heavy hitters if active. I would like to hear what big money's opinion is on this.

Banned
    Post Count
    If you are struggling for numbers then select carefully. If they can communicate well and are active then sign them up.
    There are also plenty of worthless leeches that can do more harm than good.

Remember some of these low levels will stay on and become key members in the future.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If they have terrible stats then yes they are worse as they will give up points to the other team.

And I don't take low players in my syndicate, no matter how many spots we have open

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We added a few for open slots in the past. they are horrible, starting battles out of schedule

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SC4R View Post
    We added a few for open slots in the past. they are horrible, starting battles out of schedule
    Yes they have to communicate well or drop them as fast as possible.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Jahova View Post
    If they have terrible stats then yes they are worse as they will give up points to the other team.

And I don't take low players in my syndicate, no matter how many spots we have open
    As long as their stats are good for their level then points scored off them won't be an issue. Most people target high levels with crap stats and leave the small fry alone.

Use them as cannon fodder....wall hitters and PA.

Post Count
    really low level players do not give up many points since max poiints are scored by beating players 40 levels (or more)above the attacker. If a level 30 player hits the wall in 25 or 30 battles, he can score perhaps 1000 points and save hits for stronger players.

Players at level 50 or 60 may find it hard to find targets but by participating in many, many battles (40 or more per weekend) these players will find the occasional target and must really pound them when they do appear.

A weak player who shows up all the time is often more valuable than a strong player who doesn't

Banned
    Post Count
    Mostly if ur just looking for someone to hit the wall and dl than u just want to make sure that player is active but there u should make a cut off somewhere dont just accept players with 10k stats, there are thousands of players in this game

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TobysPaw View Post
    This may be a basic question but I was wondering if having really weak players in a syndicate is actually harmful?

We're in a syndicate with 25/36 players, so around 11 spots open and we get a lot of requests from really low level players, maybe level 10 or below with terrible stats.

My question is not really whether having these players is useless, its about whether its worse than useless? Sure, they can be easy targets during the war but opponents scoring points doesn't really affect ones own positioning.

What do other syndicates do? Do you reject low level requests even if there's be no-one else to fill those spots?
    don't forget that these players can be awesome boss killers in events like the one going on now!

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alex6789 View Post
    don't forget that these players can be awesome boss killers in events like the one going on now!
    Espescially ones in the first tier
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    If they contribute then add them

Back Alley Network

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count
    They gotta be super active + communicate well + and have and att/level that is >= the mean in my syn.

Sometimes, you'll unearth a solid player who'll build up well and become a part of your syn's core group.
    Othertimes, you'll find scummy useless players who just leech and never say a damn thing. Drop those.

Lurker
    Post Count

Talking response

I have members in my syndicate that created mini accnts and have been using them for dl and pa..and knowing that its your own members mini accnt rather accepting someone else...and with new events going on like now their stats have inflated...I have a member with his mini accnt in lvl 40 with 300k in stats now...just as long they are active it wnt hurt...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    becareful as well. one bad apple can kill your syndicate. DO NOT take them in a week before the battle open the doors for a week after the battle then you can see how they roll. Pressing that big red button for a fight will cause you issues.
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.