Same question as last wars - How are the matchups for other guilds? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same question as last wars - How are the matchups for other guilds?

Lurker
    Post Count
    [it really was 1,4 we double checked and we even took screenshots

QUOTE=Krayt;1036263]Are you sure it was 1.4m and not 14m?[/QUOTE]

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    kind of annoying getting bad matchups

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Hey, we gotta pass the pain down the line.

And now our 12th battle is a repeat opponent from our 5th I think it was. So of 12 battles, 4 have been against 2 guilds. So IMO it is a lot of repetition for this early in the game.
    I have to agree with the amount of repetition. We have battled two different guilds three times each and still have fought some others twice. Its a double edged sword though...

Banned
    Post Count
    And just got FUN, and RK again back to back....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache22 View Post
    [it really was 1,4 we double checked and we even took screenshots

QUOTE=Krayt;1036263]Are you sure it was 1.4m and not 14m?
    [/QUOTE]

if you have past 10m stats the last digit falls off. You should really look at the strongest units he/she had to see if it was 1.4m or 14m

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    Well, I would rather face FUN and RK multiple times than other guilds who are turning out to be bad winners. I retract all the nice things I said previously about BoB being an honorable opponent to face.

All your manor are belong to us.

Banned
    Post Count
    The matching system is based on rank far more than anything else I think, which means timing, sandbagging, and other nuances of playing the war still trump the straight up manner of fight a war and do your best approach.

Average stats, past opponent matching seem to be completely absent from the algorithm even though I presume most people would consider those more fair than total CP, since guilds can and do manipulate that.

Banned
    Post Count
    Well, I would rather face FUN and RK multiple times than other guilds who are turning out to be bad winners. I retract all the nice things I said previously about BoB being an honorable opponent to face.
    No kidding the posts on our member's wall during battle were appalling, and 100% unprovoked on our end!!!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Sorry Crows. RK certainly hasn't wanted to see you as many times as we have. Sorry for all the sore backsides on your 195+ Crows. We've drawn a lot of guilds multiple times. But no SB yet. We'd love to draw them every war til the end!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    The matching system is based on rank far more than anything else I think, which means timing, sandbagging, and other nuances of playing the war still trump the straight up manner of fight a war and do your best approach.

Average stats, past opponent matching seem to be completely absent from the algorithm even though I presume most people would consider those more fair than total CP, since guilds can and do manipulate that.
    I would love to see it with an average of stats for sure...

Post Count
    Anyone from FDK around? Is the the fourth or fifth time Gree has matched us this war?

Our matches are so bad we STILL have not completed heroic 2/9: win 3 in a row. I kid you not.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    MoC is a top team and have a large number of players with exceptionally high stats. Not easy to win against but fortunately we did. Hope you guys have better luck in the draw.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Anyone from FDK around? Is the the fourth or fifth time Gree has matched us this war?

Our matches are so bad we STILL have not completed heroic 2/9: win 3 in a row. I kid you not.
    ouch zen, sorry to hear that.. .. please come and rob my wine for your refreshment

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by finallyfree View Post
    ouch zen, sorry to hear that.. .. please come and rob my wine for your refreshment
    I do not drink but yout lovely wine would probably get me some good gold on the black market.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Up in Top200 land I must say I'm very unhappy about the matchups as well. Just when we'll get a couple matched up close on the leaderboard, then get someone double our CP in the Top50-75 range. This is with a 2 minute wait time!

This has happened 2-3 times now...

I don't know if the issue is not enough guilds in the 'selection pool' during the Declare time. I've seen wait times anywhere from 1 to 4 minutes.

I'd prefer a 5 minute wait time for a closer leaderboard matchup position!

Unless this is built-in stupid randomness like CP return.