Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Don't give out your friend code...

In the post about recovering your account Elita posted
    Don't give out your friend code unless you really feel you can trust the person.
    as a way to prevent your account from being stolen.

After this last update all of my friends profiles show me their friend code. So, we should not be friends with people unless we trust they will not try to steal our accounts? This game is going to get lonely fast...
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylar View Post
    In the post about recovering your account Elita posted as a way to prevent your account from being stolen.

After this last update all of my friends profiles show me their friend code. So, we should not be friends with people unless we trust they will not try to steal our accounts? This game is going to get lonely fast...
    Yeah, this needs ti be changed ASAP.

But she also mentions a lot of other information that you need to provide to transfer your acct:

- # of gems
    - names of your other knights

Things that only you should know....

With that said, I do think they shouldn't show friend code in your friends' profile.
    Last edited by Daenerys; 10-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Guild Name: Iron Throne (Android)
    Guild Level: 56 (35/35 members)
    28 levels of elemental bonuses
    Lvl 100+ players welcome
    Line: kddaenerys
    #58 in War of Kings

How can we not give out our friend code when now as long as that person is your friend on K&D they can see your friend's code.......... :/
    IGN: No Name/Instagram
    LINE: Hengjinxd
    Recruitment: Open, message me on LINE [OPEN]
    GUILD: Paladins Of War (POW) #21 [ANDRIOD]
    POSITION: High Commander
    LEVEL: 145
    ARMORS: Aegis of the Sky Majesty..Beastmaster Battlegear..Blazeborne Vanguard..2xMaelstorm Irons..Tectonic Mantle..2xMoontide Platemail
    Interested parties, please fill up this form: http://goo.gl/rBpeUD

~War does not show who's right, it only show who's left

Friend code is about the only way to identify malicious players since name and armors can be changed. I like being able to see the friend code of an applicant. As was said, you need a lot more than the friend code to reclaim an account.

Not to mention gree made a stupid quest and other rewards that prompts most to spam their friend code in hopes of referrals. Finally got a referral to clear the quest immediately before Dork Prince. Irritating for completionist types to say the least.

Provided you don't share exact number of gems, your knights names, etc, people knowing your friend code isn't an issue. I've seen some people unwittingly give away tons of info by way of screenshots of thier gold/gems in castle layout (looks at all muh lvl 3 tfs!!) and knight names in the My Knights screen (I got the coolest setup ever!! Here, look!). It would be good to take the time to crop out stuff you don't want to share.
    NOTICE: The Legends is now free to play! Old friends look us up!

IGN: Legends Brutal - Level 156 - Started July 2013
    Guild: The Legends - Level 75 - Android - 11 wars, 9 top-tens!
    Maxed Epic: Blaze, Chromatic, Devoted, Kerstman, Mael, Majesty, Necro
    Maxed Legendary: Bear+, Dragon Aegis+, Feather+, Glacius+, Soul Rmt+
    Maxed Other: Dark Prince+, Infernal+, Shaman+

Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    But she also mentions a lot of other information that you need to provide to transfer your acct:

- # of gems
    - names of your other knights

Things that only you should know....

With that said, I do think they shouldn't show friend code in your friends' profile.
    It was said as a precaution at a time when friend codes were not available to everyone. In other words, any information you have that isn't readily available to others, you shouldn't share it because then they could impersonate you or steal/hack your account. It would be like, if everyone knew your email address but they can't really do anything with it unless they know the password, too.

Good that I read this. I just shared some screenshots with my knights names etc. It basicly had all the information needed to steal my account. Tho I should trust guild members not doing that, but still I had no idea they could steal it, if they decided to. I changed knights names and their names shall remain secret from now on.

There should be better way to do this. I'm great example that you can share that information by accident, not knowing you can even transfer accounts between devices.

Edit: Screens were needed to show guild I was joining, my armors, castle setup etc. I bet I'm not only one who shares that stuff when joining a guild. Not knowing you share privacy too.
    Last edited by Shinae; 10-18-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    Good that I read this. I just shared some screenshots with my knights names etc. It basicly had all the information needed to steal my account. ...I changed knights names and their names shall remain secret from now on...
    Yeah, it's real easy to miss something like this. If I shared a screenshot with current info, I make sure to change stuff up like you did. Change knight names, do a video offer or two (if it works, rare anymore) to change gems, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal1977 View Post
    Yeah, it's real easy to miss something like this. If I shared a screenshot with current info, I make sure to change stuff up like you did. Change knight names, do a video offer or two (if it works, rare anymore) to change gems, etc.
    I almost never get video offers or other offers, so no luck there.

Also another way I can think people share their information is by posting youtube videos. Chest opening videos etc. and then showing their castle setups, gem amounts, knights names etc while showing new armors. So not that fool proof system.

GREE should implement some sort of recovery code only shown in settings page or something. And have warnings that it shouldn't be shared. That would be much better system.

GREE should implement some sort of recovery code only shown in settings page or something. And have warnings that it shouldn't be shared. That would be much better system.
    Ooh... this I like. A lot.

They sort of already have that, even though it is not straight forward to see it. If you send a ticket to Gree (Settings->FAQ->Contact us) the email will automatically include information about your account and device. In that email you will see your own Player ID. Check it out and save it somewhere. If you give that to Gree they should beable to know for sure that you are actually you. The player ID you should of course not share with anyone else!

Personally I like the fact that we can see other friends player codes. That is good to know both if something happens and you would loose them, but primarily it is one of the few ways to make sure you don't invite crazy people in your guild.

can someone steal your account if they know all that info other than gem ammounts
    add me on crime city 287 815 212
    and join warriors of scotland Invite code 675 245 449
    no level requirement

Maybe I'm just being ignorant, but why would anyone steal a K&D account? There's nothing to profit from.

maybe to troll someone
    add me on crime city 287 815 212
    and join warriors of scotland Invite code 675 245 449
    no level requirement

I'd steal a spender's account just to save them some money