So the vibe I'm getting is...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the vibe I'm getting is...

Banned
    Post Count

So the vibe I'm getting is...

That no one knows what they're talking about on this forum. And by no one I mean every who whines at Gree. Everyone asked that the stat inflation stop (it definitely needed to). But now that they are trying to reign it in everyone wants to complain that the prizes aren't worth it anymore. Are...are you slow? Gree finally does something to make the game start to be better and you (royal you, not actually everyone on the forum) ***** and moan about?! Again, are you slow?

*hands dippy popcorn*

Post Count
    ahhh those darn hypoquits who still lurk on the forum after making pointless retirement topics and complaining about stat inflation. You're spot on.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Quit cc or not - still like seeing Big Money replying

wasnt there a topic about the fake retirement noobs who spent all their money on this game?

Post Count
    it's factual......everybody loves to complain......anything Gree changes will torque somebody.......and I pour myself into the game because I have no life

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's good that they curbed stat inflation but the problem is when Gree fixes the issue by swinging to the opposite extreme.

The last collect 20 was an example. The more powerful "dummy prizes" was a good idea instead of dropping gold for worthless items such as trick razors and +1 Mafia. The improved collect 20 random drop prizes were not a major contributer to stat inflation. It was other overpowered items especially the Sweet vengeance that was being passed out like candy and making months worth of work for higher members nearly obsolete.

Consistent Contributor [CM]]forgetaboutit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_ View Post
    ahhh those darn hypoquits who still lurk on the forum after making pointless retirement topics and complaining about stat inflation. You're spot on.
    Hey you were first

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    there are differences between stat inflation, stat consistency and stat deflation. if someone takes a gander at Reaper's beautiful chart showing a/d stats per energy ratios for LTQs, you can see three trends. with "the real deal," for example, there were huge jumps in this ratio for 4 ltqs. this trend significantly hurts high stat players as new players are getting a much larger % bump towards their characters (mostly important in robbing). It also bruises egos of players who worked for years to get their stats, watching some scrawny kid go from 500k-1mil in a matter of months (I assume this is what led to most of these big boys bailing).

But gree didn't continue on this trend. for the next two ltqs, the ratios don't move much. This doesn't really impact anyone since the stat standard is just set higher. To this point, I agree with gree's strategy since it allows super high stats to continue to grow without screwing new player. At some point players would have been spending gold for only a couple 100 in stat boost since their inventory is already full of items in the same stat range, essentially capping how strong a player can get. I also like how they introduce these unbelievably hard levels (100 boss wins, full graveyard for an ltq) as this distinguishes top players from the rest of us peons. Not everyone should feel entitled to completing these events. If you want to get a 100k stat item, you better be ready to work (read "spend") for it. no easy buckets.

However, the "devil's night" LTQ is so low in a ratio that any new players who were started in the past couple weeks will get royally f'd. two months ago they would be near 50-100k stat gain per month. Devil's night will cut that in half, handicapping their growth compared to someone who started just a few weeks earlier.

As always, this "analysis" is based off of one guy's observations without any tangible facts, math or proof reading. I 100% agree that I have no clue what I'm talking about, but welcome to the internet where everyone has a voice and an opinion, regardless of how accurate it may be.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    there are differences between stat inflation, stat consistency and stat deflation. if someone takes a gander at Reaper's beautiful chart showing a/d stats per energy ratios for LTQs, you can see three trends. with "the real deal," for example, there were huge jumps in this ratio for 4 ltqs. this trend significantly hurts high stat players as new players are getting a much larger % bump towards their characters (mostly important in robbing). It also bruises egos of players who worked for years to get their stats, watching some scrawny kid go from 500k-1mil in a matter of months (I assume this is what led to most of these big boys bailing).

But gree didn't continue on this trend. for the next two ltqs, the ratios don't move much. This doesn't really impact anyone since the stat standard is just set higher. To this point, I agree with gree's strategy since it allows super high stats to continue to grow without screwing new player. At some point players would have been spending gold for only a couple 100 in stat boost since their inventory is already full of items in the same stat range, essentially capping how strong a player can get. I also like how they introduce these unbelievably hard levels (100 boss wins, full graveyard for an ltq) as this distinguishes top players from the rest of us peons. Not everyone should feel entitled to completing these events. If you want to get a 100k stat item, you better be ready to work (read "spend") for it. no easy buckets.

However, the "devil's night" LTQ is so low in a ratio that any new players who were started in the past couple weeks will get royally f'd. two months ago they would be near 50-100k stat gain per month. Devil's night will cut that in half, handicapping their growth compared to someone who started just a few weeks earlier.

As always, this "analysis" is based off of one guy's observations without any tangible facts, math or proof reading. I 100% agree that I have no clue what I'm talking about, but welcome to the internet where everyone has a voice and an opinion, regardless of how accurate it may be.
    I think your statement is dead on.
    But as OP was saying, the forums are a joke. It's hard to filter through the jokes to get the actual useful information. This is what it is though. It's a game before anything else. Once you start taking the game serious or the forums serious you have a problem.
    As far as people quitting and posting threads. I believe it's great, it's good to know who is going. The reasons don't matter. But people "quitting" but continue to play and post are beyond annoying.

Banned
    Post Count
    prizes will stay down for a while... untill gree notices their income is a lot lower due to players not buying gold, its a bit late to stop stat inflation and buy lowering it it makes new people not want to play, gree are in a lose lose situation and would probably be better off resetting stats and starting fresh

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kirketjeneren View Post
    Quit cc or not - still like seeing Big Money replying
    Not me. He posted a retirement thread, and you have to stay away when you do that in my opinion.

I always liked his posts, but he needs to stay quiet now.

Banned
    Post Count
    Where is dippy? I put the popcorn out and everything ;_;

Post Count
    It is a game and has only gotten better since the start. Everyone complained not enough events so gree overloaded us then complained it was to many events. I like the current set up with battles every 3-4 weeks with all the different event in between that you can pick and choose to do. Those of us that have been playing for years can't really even understand what the new player's really think.

I also have no idea why one just quit's when they decide to stop using gold. Generally a even a light gold spender is stronger than 90% of thier level. Why not just slow the pace down and enjoy what you had earned.

My only gripe is the change in the gold bonus program that was a slap in the face to so many players. Sad thing is that they are testing out crime city before the other games to see how it effects this one game.......

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Holicaholic View Post
    Where is dippy? I put the popcorn out and everything ;_;
    I do have a job, and it doesn't ALWAYS involve sitting in front of a computer all day. I've been really busy this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I love the lower stat items, they mean more. Hate how people are complaining about the bad prizes on the ltq' sand how it's not worth doing them. It's going to stay like that, Gree has listened to us

Proud member of the EastSiders that placed #63
    Pm me if interested

"I"m all for keeping dangerous weapons out of a fool's hands, lets start with a keyboard"