Changes to Upcoming Epic Boss Faction Goals - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to Upcoming Epic Boss Faction Goals

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, for the next Epic Boss event (Maria Rivera, who should be live today), there are some changes to the way the Epic Boss interacts with the faction goals for the event:

-Kills for the faction goal do not roll over to the next goal.

-When a player leaves their faction to join a new faction, they do not bring their kills with them.

-Any kills made when a faction goal is not active will not count towards the next goal.

Individual goals will continue working the same way they have previously.
    This is not fair to people that are sleeping when the faction goal is up, when they wake up goal is done...
    Crime City 763 145 286 add me

L49 49.8KA/51.6KD
    L78 127.8Ka/150Kd
    L98 244Ka/300Kd

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    i am in a active faction, by the time faction reset it is 3am at my end. My faction finish 300kill within an hour, do does gree expect me to wake up every day at 3am to play modern war lol

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This is a fair point, and I've forwarded the concern to the MW devs.
    Sounds good. Hopefully they find and implement a solution before the next boss event...or postpone this one. Speaking of that, how much time could it possibly take to at least return the settings to what it was for Angel Ortega, at least for this event?
    Last edited by General Steakfries; 10-14-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinng View Post
    i am in a active faction, by the time faction reset it is 3am at my end. My faction finish 300kill within an hour, do does gree expect me to wake up every day at 3am to play modern war lol
    Me too at Same time zone. Are u from Singapore or HK ? But for the next few days, think we can contribute when we wake up cos it take longer time to kill the boss n hopefully the number of boss is fixed at 300. If it increase very difficult to make it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Gree you want us to spend gold and we do, but it has to appear within reach to justify then spend, why not just make it that once goal 1 finishes goal 2 starts, simple to program simple for players to follow and you will get more gold that way I'm sure, the more people believe its within reach the more will spend trying to get that last extra boss needed as the event goes on and on and on for 100 boss its was hard enough last time dont make it impossible, with out hope there is no early spend with early spend come in for a penny in for a pound spending

Banned
    Post Count

boss

cj254

If kills are not going to roll over then the daily faction goal should remain at defeating 300 until day 5. on day 5 make it go up to 500, and that would be the number the rest of the event.

defeating 300 on days 4and5 will be hard enough on its own.
    please respond to this post cj254. this is a fair compromise for the players if the kills are not rolling over

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Hey all, for the next Epic Boss event (Maria Rivera, who should be live today), there are some changes to the way the Epic Boss interacts with the faction goals for the event:

-When a player leaves their faction to join a new faction, they do not bring their kills with them.

-Any kills made when a faction goal is not active will not count towards the next goal.

Individual goals will continue working the same way they have previously.

Damn this is really unfair to the weaker factions. Already struggling to get the 300 kills on the first day...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    I think all but one of these changes is totally understandable, but for factions filled with active members you're hurting members who live in areas where people normally sleep at the time when the event rolls over. If you do like last time and make it roll over at 19:00 GMT, you're really requiring anyone who wants to contribute to be awake and online at that time rather than allowing them to contribute at their own best time within the 24 hour period.

I'd sure like to see it where everyone's kills during the 24 hours can be counted rather than making them wait until it resets the next day. Some people will have to be awake at 02:00 or 04:00 local time in order to contribute.

As nice as it was to be able to contribute kills to other factions, I do understand making it so that you can't bring your kills to other factions. But not allowing kills to carry over to the next period will make people choose whether to participate in this as a faction event at an inconvenient time or only do it as a personal goal when their schedule allows and have their points not count in their faction. I think there's a better "fix" than this.
    100% agreed

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
    Me too at Same time zone. Are u from Singapore or HK ? But for the next few days, think we can contribute when we wake up cos it take longer time to kill the boss n hopefully the number of boss is fixed at 300. If it increase very difficult to make it
    i am from SG

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree with the majority here. Either have Faction Mission #2 start as soon as #1 is completed, or let kills done after #1 is completed and before #2 starts count towards #2. Having a 7 day event where half of the time is spent twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next day is insane. In less than 8 hours, we have 277/300 for the day. So for the next 16 hours we only need 23 more boss kills.

We are trying to pace ourselves to complete the daily missions, while still trying to complete as many total boss fights as possible. Days 1-3 we will be able to complete with no Gold purchases/uses. Days 4+ may seem so far out of reach, because of the increasing health of the boss, that we don't bother trying to get the daily mission.

Post Count
    [QUOTE=CJ54;1028666]Hey all, for the next Epic Boss event (Maria Rivera, who should be live today), there are some changes to the way the Epic Boss interacts with the faction goals for the event:

QUOTE]

Gree...hurry up... ASIA is awake. And we are holding our GUN on Maria...

Next will soon be awake is Europe.

Is this boss killing only for nation near to Mexico, since next war front is there?

My faction leader is going to kick me out because of Gree did not count my Kill.

Your full GREE d needed ASAP.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We couldn't change it without more time, so not on this one.

2 questions for CJ, Just want to confirm...

1-That the boss event will remain as is except for the 24hr timer this time around ??
    2- that all rollover suggestion will def not happen this go around??

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

This works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    Most important change this event needs:

Instead of making the faction goals pop up every 24 hrs, just program the event so that when we finish the first part (defeat 300 bosses), the second goal should appear immediately (defeat 350 bosses).

Making the faction events last 24 hrs and making kills between events not count is terrible and it ruins the boss event. This change will also solve the time zone issue meantioned earlier.
    Great idea. My time zone and work schedule would help this. Gree should implement this.

Banned
    Post Count
    Going to quote his quote.

"We couldn't change it without more time, so not on this one."

Hopefully that answers your question this time.

Quote Originally Posted by General Raub View Post
    2 questions for CJ, Just want to confirm...

1-That the boss event will remain as is except for the 24hr timer this time around ??
    2- that all rollover suggestion will def not happen this go around??

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerbang View Post
    Going to quote his quote.

"We couldn't change it without more time, so not on this one."

Hopefully that answers your question this time.
    yes i just wanna make sure im understanding everything thats been said !