Dropping your munber of mafia

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping your munber of mafia

Banned
    Post Count

Dropping your number of mafia

Without resorting to any inane references to henchmen, can someone explain the rationale behind deliberately dropping your mafia numbers below the number you could have.

I've never really understood how this effects your visibility in rival lists. Once you've dropped numbers, I assume that you also see a lower calibre of players in your own rivals list?
    Last edited by seansheep; 10-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Post Count
    I always thought it was because some of the challenge things required you to hit people with 500 mafia.

However... *shrugs* I got nothing.
    Last edited by Cao Bao; 10-13-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: First.

Post Count
    Pm me for the magic number.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by seansheep View Post
    Without resorting to any inane references to henchmen, can someone explain the rationale behind deliberately dropping your mafia numbers below the number you could have.

I've never really understood how this effects your visibility in rival lists. Once you've dropped numbers, I assume that you also see a lower calibre of players in your own rivals list?
    Pretty simple. There's a point at which you can still see players on 500, but they are very unlikely to see you. There's only two reasons to do it - to try and escape from someone stalking you, or to escape the syndicate version of the game (I might say the PvP events especially) and return to how things used to be.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think that people with 500 mafia can see down to 385. That's just my view, don't know if anyone knows the exact number.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeijer View Post
    I think that people with 500 mafia can see down to 385. That's just my view, don't know if anyone knows the exact number.
    I can only confirm that 349 is a safe number since i haven't got robbed for months.
    Started on Dec 10 2011
    MW 183 657 097 IpH 9,500,000

Started on Feb 5 2012
    CC 357 749 226 IpH 16,500,000

Started on April 19 2012
    KA 885 307 144 IpH 45000

A good death is its Own reward.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I thought it was a strategic thing in battles. Ppl with less amount of mafia tend to get scouted more so accounts strong for their level would drop mafia numbers to appear weak

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    +1 Sister M...
    Hope you're keeping well and enjoying the old game. I certainly am :-)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wenzdae View Post
    I thought it was a strategic thing in battles. Ppl with less amount of mafia tend to get scouted more so accounts strong for their level would drop mafia numbers to appear weak
    There's that too. How well it would work might depend on the tier your syndicate is in. The high end guys would probably all know each other. Leaving those ones out I can still spank many players, even with a hundred fewer mafia than the max

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrineMondeoRSi View Post
    +1 Sister M...
    Hope you're keeping well and enjoying the old game. I certainly am :-)
    Hi Cit,

I'm sort of in-between right now. Sitting on about 400 (a bit less for sweet) so I'm visible. Was out on Saturday all day having fun without Gree, so everything got robbed by silly PvPers who cares? I totally expected that to happen - apart from checking in once a day to do a bloody barber upgrade I've been CC free since then. Will pop in to reset things at a time of my choosing later on today.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    @ShawnBB - please get rid of that awful sig. It makes me nauseous.

Consistent Contributor Joe bananas's Avatar
    Post Count
    When I had 500 mafia, I could only see rivals with 500. I could hit refresh as often as I like and still everyone had 500. I've now dropped to 498 and I can see down to 360ish. They're a strange mob down there, they seem to be either really weak or really strong.
    I figured the weak ones were hiding and the strong ones we're trying to look weak and bait people during syndicate battles.
    Aka Fat Tony
    Aka Rick Grimes
    IPH is all we have left 😕

Post Count
    I use PVP events basicly just to re-sync my time schedule.
    just gotta stay under 350 mafia

Post Count
    There are a number of non-spenders down here that are down here to avoid being chum in the water. It's a bit more peaceful.

Although I have to admit, when I first dropped down months ago almost nobody else that also dropped would rob or attack you. They would work on economy or participate in events and such, but you pretty much got left alone. It was kind of a professional courtesy thing. Now there are a handful of guys that merely dropped down because they can't compete with the big boys so the dropped to rob and attack non-stop where they can win. Matias067 is the worst of them. He is the Big Joey of the lower levels. If you let anything go for even 5 minutes he gets it. It's like he is a bot or something.

It kinda is like a turd in the punch bowl, but I guess it is a viable strategy for some. Don't have a lot of respect for it, but it is what it is.

I have been hanging around 250, I think I will go up a hundred now that I know what the cut-off is.

Post Count
    That's funny because when I started all the talk on here was about chasing rats, you know those that dropped mafia to run and hide. I normally stay at max mafia but from time to time I will drop and rob anyone i can, if the take is right. If you don't want to be robbed collect on time. I'm sure he respects the contribution to his daily take.