Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

To be honest, I really don't see this as a problem. All I've ever seen in the comments are categorized as "suggestions for players' convenience" rather than "fixes for game's problem."

I believe in the quotation, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

These "accidental declaration of war" shouldn't be a problem for any guilds in this game. If you have a good way to communicate, NO other members should declare war if the GM says so. Heck, any other member shouldn't even touch the GW button unless the GM says they are ready for the war. Otherwise, those members have trust issues against their leader and that "problem" should be fixed within the guild itself, not by GREE.

Of course, if that member kept doing it, I advice the GM to KICK HIM regardless of his war contributions. No "$1000 spending player for this game" member is good if he doesn't comply with GM's wishes, ESPECIALLY if it's good for the guild.
    It's been fun.

u dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Barbanium View Post
    To be honest, I really don't see this as a problem. All I've ever seen in the comments are categorized as "suggestions for players' convenience" rather than "fixes for game's problem."

I believe in the quotation, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

These "accidental declaration of war" shouldn't be a problem for any guilds in this game. If you have a good way to communicate, NO other members should declare war if the GM says so. Heck, any other member shouldn't even touch the GW button unless the GM says they are ready for the war. Otherwise, those members have trust issues against their leader and that "problem" should be fixed within the guild itself, not by GREE.

Of course, if that member kept doing it, I advice the GM to KICK HIM regardless of his war contributions. No "$1000 spending player for this game" member is good if he doesn't comply with GM's wishes, ESPECIALLY if it's good for the guild.
    barb u don't get the problem when u recruit a new member u cant control them. u don't know them lol so they should not be able to touch it. they will get kicked after the war but see the emphasis on "after" because we cant do it during. see it is kind of a problem specially when everyone is talking about not doing it and then boom lol. there is no "trust" issue when u just added someone new and don't really know them. btw members should be able to declare without the gm. I mean I have a life and cant sit there for everyone but if they get a group of 5-6 players then they should declare but new members should not have this power. lol what "turst" issue even have to do with this problem I don't get. I see that as a non issue (btw this is not in anyway trying to discredit u even if it might sound mean) the tone of my voice is very sarcastic and gentle and loving etc... <3
    Last edited by shawnk; 10-30-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnk View Post
    barb u don't get the problem when u recruit a new member u cant control them. u don't know them lol so they should not be able to touch it. they will get kicked after the war but see the emphasis on "after" because we cant do it during. see it kind of is a problem specially when everyone is talking about not doing it and then boom lol. there is no "trust" issue when u just added someone new and members should be able to declare without the gm. I mean I have a life and cant sit there for everyone but if they get a group of 5-6 players then they should declare but new members should not have this power. lol what "turst" issue even have to do with this problem I don't get. I see that as a non issue (btw this is not in anyway trying to discredit u even if it might sound mean) the tone of my voice is very sarcastic and gentle and loving etc... <3
    If a new member kept declaring war when GM told everyone not to, that new member doesn't trust his GM. Hence, trust issues.

GMs shouldn't recruit players they don't trust. Notice the "trust" word.

And if GM made a mistake recruiting a non-trustworthy player, he shouldn't make the same mistake. That's why every GM should make sure the players who are trying get in their guild are trustworthy before they actually get inside the guild.
    It's been fun.

We had an issue previously where someone else and I declared at nearly the same time. His went through first, and I got "someone already declared" message. Once that battle was over, another one immediately started up, under my name. I was pretty shocked to find that one out!

I'm not sure if it's been fixed (still a little gun-shy on declaring from that debacle), but at the time, it seemed multiple declarations might have been placed in some sort of queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena G Wells View Post
    We had an issue previously where someone else and I declared at nearly the same time. His went through first, and I got "someone already declared" message. Once that battle was over, another one immediately started up, under my name. I was pretty shocked to find that one out!

I'm not sure if it's been fixed (still a little gun-shy on declaring from that debacle), but at the time, it seemed multiple declarations might have been placed in some sort of queue.
    This shouldn't be an issue. Again, if you have a good way to communicate , you can tell everyone, "Hey I'll declare this war!" and nobody else should.

The key to a good GW is a good coordination among members of a guild.
    It's been fun.

This shouldn't be an issue. Again, if you have a good way to communicate , you can tell everyone, "Hey I'll declare this war!" and nobody else should.
    I did. The kid who decided to jump the gun isn't there anymore.

i still dont get it

If a new member kept declaring war when GM told everyone not to, that new member doesn't trust his GM. Hence, trust issues.

GMs shouldn't recruit players they don't trust. Notice the "trust" word.

And if GM made a mistake recruiting a non-trustworthy player, he shouldn't make the same mistake. That's why every GM should make sure the players who are trying get in their guild are trustworthy before they actually get inside the guild.
    how do u have trust issue when ur gm and ur other members have no energy and have taken the guild into top 50. lol u r not using the right word. u don't know if someones is trustworthy unless u go to a war. im pretty sure since u r in untouchables u don't get understand he problem because ur guild is a top 10 competitive guild this problem is for outside guilds. just don't worry about this one barb
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena G Wells View Post
    I did. The kid who decided to jump the gun isn't there anymore.
    and yah we are going to kick him but its a shame .

Agree!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    I would like to see some sort of group consensus being checked for war declaration. For example, a person's click might be worth 1/3 of of declaration, and each request remains valid only for 5 minutes, therefore ensuing that a war is officially declared when three guild members request it within minutes of each other.

Or maybe there can be some sort of a hierarchy observed for the war declaration. For example:

10 declaration points must be accumulated within 5 minutes for the war to be declared.
    A GM's vote counts for 10 points
    Sentinel/Champion's vote counts for 7 points
    HC's vote counts for 5 points
    Commander's vote counts for 3 points

I wish they would do something like this. We have the declare war and no one else is one to help so we end up losing.

This is indeed a problem. They should make it like HC and above to declare war.

iGn: LionRyan
    Guild: Konoha
    Line: lionryan

I don't think Gree'll change it

Last war we ended up kicking like 7 people for not following instructions and declaring. We will be kicking a couple more after this war. You can't have "trust" issues when you don't know players. Not every guild has people with personal relationships. Our HC's and above all chat off the game quite a bit, and a few commanders, but we have yet to have the guild fully come together. The declare war button is definitely a problem. It shouldn't be available to commanders. There is a reason for having your higher echelons of responsibility >.<
    Knights and Dragons
    IGN: UND Sir Spunge lvl 1XX, UND Lil Spunge lvl 40+ (leveling constantly)
    Guild: Undying
    Guild Placement: Guild Master, Guild Champion
    LineID: sirspunge (if I ever get back on Line)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Spunge ACE View Post
    Last war we ended up kicking like 7 people for not following instructions and declaring. We will be kicking a couple more after this war. You can't have "trust" issues when you don't know players. Not every guild has people with personal relationships. Our HC's and above all chat off the game quite a bit, and a few commanders, but we have yet to have the guild fully come together. The declare war button is definitely a problem. It shouldn't be available to commanders. There is a reason for having your higher echelons of responsibility >.<
    And there are reasons you can kick people, after the war.

Unfortunately, you'll need to do a roll call or get as many in chat at once, and then do the kicking. So people notice.

And what if all the higher ups have gone to bed? Can your guild not declare if they wanted to? The only thing it is losing is a guardian. Its not like you "lose" points during a loss. So why not be declaring 24/7?

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

The issue is the people declaring don't even attack lol. And they manage to do it when we are asleep. Our guild is all over the world, and they always manage to declare right when everyone is at work/school/asleep. It's immensely frustrating. But we will whittle them out. We've changed a lot of policies, as we were once a pretty easy going guild, so now we will be VERY careful about who stays in guild for wars, etc.

Edit: We do have Line, but only our High Commanders and two commanders use it. I set it up and try to get guildies into it, but to no avail. Something that will change. Our GM was afraid to kick people because they had contributed, but now he has learned it doesn't quite work that way.
    Knights and Dragons
    IGN: UND Sir Spunge lvl 1XX, UND Lil Spunge lvl 40+ (leveling constantly)
    Guild: Undying
    Guild Placement: Guild Master, Guild Champion
    LineID: sirspunge (if I ever get back on Line)

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    And there are reasons you can kick people, after the war.

Unfortunately, you'll need to do a roll call or get as many in chat at once, and then do the kicking. So people notice.

And what if all the higher ups have gone to bed? Can your guild not declare if they wanted to? The only thing it is losing is a guardian. Its not like you "lose" points during a loss. So why not be declaring 24/7?
    lvl 6-7 guardians cost too much to waste for us. we are not awake 24/7 or that hardcore so it does affect our guild. After this war we are having to kick an individual because of his mistakes. Everyone can declare in our guild but at least 4-5 members need to be present.
    The issue is the people declaring don't even attack lol. And they manage to do it when we are asleep. Our guild is all over the world, and they always manage to declare right when everyone is at work/school/asleep. It's immensely frustrating. But we will whittle them out. We've changed a lot of policies, as we were once a pretty easy going guild, so now we will be VERY careful about who stays in guild for wars, etc.
    us 2 lol but we r putting some rules down because Its not cool that everyones efforts are being wasted. (gold contributions)

Edit: We do have Line, but only our High Commanders and two commanders use it. I set it up and try to get guildies into it, but to no avail. Something that will change. Our GM was afraid to kick people because they had contributed, but now he has learned it doesn't quite work that way.
    Make it a requirement. Boot all the non-participating members. Its not that hard of a requirement. And gold contribution means nothing. That idea needs to get out of people's heads from the start. All the gold in the game won't win you a war. It takes players.

And yes, they declare and don't attack. I've seen that too. But again, outside of the guardians, you lose NOTHING else except for a window of time. And if guardians are your biggest concern... eek.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off