Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Declaring war is too easy to do

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone can log on and declare regardless if the guild is waiting for energy to recharge. Several ppl report accidentally clicking the button. Declaring needs a confirm screen and a way for guild leadership to prevent declarations with a timer or something similar. Otherwise any leeeroy with poor impulse control can mess up an entire guilds strategy.

Who agrees?
    Cheers,
    Tollerach
    iOS guild: Chosen
    Check out the: Knights and Dragons Wiki

Yes I agree its very frustrating when everyone is waiting to refill energy and the guy whos had 8 fights all guild war decides hes on and wants to declare war. The only thing you can so about it is wait til the war is over and kick him out.
    Level 160+

Maxed Armors: Tectonic (x2), Blazeborne, North, Arborsteel(x2), Blaztestone, Santa, Druidic, Runic, Cyclone, Hellfire, Snowstorm, Arcane, Sol, Centurion.

Line ID: bluntman57

Agree 100%. A previous guild I was with had issues with premature declarations. It's a rather embarassing thing to deal with.
    NOTICE: The Legends is now free to play! Old friends look us up!

IGN: Legends Brutal - Level 156 - Started July 2013
    Guild: The Legends - Level 75 - Android - 11 wars, 9 top-tens!
    Maxed Epic: Blaze, Chromatic, Devoted, Kerstman, Mael, Majesty, Necro
    Maxed Legendary: Bear+, Dragon Aegis+, Feather+, Glacius+, Soul Rmt+
    Maxed Other: Dark Prince+, Infernal+, Shaman+

Every Gree game has always had this complaint. It won't change

There are several relatively easy ways to code a fix for this. So it could change. It is just a matter of persuasion.
    Cheers,
    Tollerach
    iOS guild: Chosen
    Check out the: Knights and Dragons Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Brutal1977 View Post
    Agree 100%. A previous guild I was with had issues with premature declarations. It's a rather embarassing thing to deal with.
    There's medicine that can help with premature .... oh wait, wrong topic.

My guild has 3 troll members that have literately caused us to lose around 20 wars by themselves. As soon as we end a war, one of these guys will instantly declare and not battle so we end up losing because we have to wait to recharge. But since Gree came up with this great idea to freeze anything related to the guilds, we can't boot them So we are stuck

My guild has never had this issue.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Our secondary guild, team unicorn, had this problem also. One guy kept declaring to just piss people off. Not even just not being a team player, but just to be an ass. Frustrated alot of members. This is huge when you arnt a spending guild that doesn't need recharge time.

Quote Originally Posted by tollerach View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone can log on and declare regardless if the guild is waiting for energy to recharge. Several ppl report accidentally clicking the button. Declaring needs a confirm screen and a way for guild leadership to prevent declarations with a timer or something similar. Otherwise any leeeroy with poor impulse control can mess up an entire guilds strategy.

Who agrees?
    I would like to see some sort of group consensus being checked for war declaration. For example, a person's click might be worth 1/3 of of declaration, and each request remains valid only for 5 minutes, therefore ensuing that a war is officially declared when three guild members request it within minutes of each other.

Or maybe there can be some sort of a hierarchy observed for the war declaration. For example:

10 declaration points must be accumulated within 5 minutes for the war to be declared.
    A GM's vote counts for 10 points
    Sentinel/Champion's vote counts for 7 points
    HC's vote counts for 5 points
    Commander's vote counts for 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    I would like to see some sort of group consensus being checked for war declaration. For example, a person's click might be worth 1/3 of of declaration, and each request remains valid only for 5 minutes, therefore ensuing that a war is officially declared when three guild members request it within minutes of each other.

Or maybe there can be some sort of a hierarchy observed for the war declaration. For example:

10 declaration points must be accumulated within 5 minutes for the war to be declared.
    A GM's vote counts for 10 points
    Sentinel/Champion's vote counts for 7 points
    HC's vote counts for 5 points
    Commander's vote counts for 3 points
    Rank in the guild is not indicative of qualifications to declare a war. I'd rather see a "permissions" list for each person in the guild that the GM can alter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntman View Post
    Yes I agree its very frustrating when everyone is waiting to refill energy and the guy whos had 8 fights all guild war decides hes on and wants to declare war. The only thing you can so about it is wait til the war is over and kick him out.
    I agree that you kick out troublesome members. The problem is they can change their toon name, reapply, and you might let them back in.

My take is it should be limited to HC and above. HC's can boot people, they better be able to handle a war. You should be able to get 24/7 coverage with 14 leadership positions, if not, war doesn't get declared. After all, junior officers and enlisted don't (and shouldn't) start wars. =P
    NOTICE: The Legends is now free to play! Old friends look us up!

IGN: Legends Brutal - Level 156 - Started July 2013
    Guild: The Legends - Level 75 - Android - 11 wars, 9 top-tens!
    Maxed Epic: Blaze, Chromatic, Devoted, Kerstman, Mael, Majesty, Necro
    Maxed Legendary: Bear+, Dragon Aegis+, Feather+, Glacius+, Soul Rmt+
    Maxed Other: Dark Prince+, Infernal+, Shaman+

I agree that you kick out troublesome members. The problem is they can change their toon name, reapply, and you might let them back in.
    That's why you invite through friend code only. Keep a track of their friend code/achievements/medals/arena if you want to blacklist them.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

I 100% agree on this too