Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Please fix point system for winning guild fights

Seriously, this ridiculous now.

The point system being random is pathetic. You can score more points beating a commander then a guild master sometimes. There is no consistency, no structure, and its frustrating because it can cost you a battle victory during frenzy if you get unlucky with points and things need to change.

I suggest the following structure:
    1) If you fight a position higher then your current position (C < HC, HC < GC/GS, GC/GS < GM), then you should get a bonus to your point results, the same way that a + ### points displays during frenzy. This doesn't penalize the officers because I'm not suggesting you take points away for "attacking down" I just think that there should be a reward for "attacking up" because you suffer a stat disadvantage between officer levels.
    2) Use the point system from arena where lower level players beating higher level players yields a bonus. AND display it in the window such as + ### Level bonus. Ex - (200 + 30 knights defeated + 50 Level bonus). This one won't affect the top guilds in anyway who all have 100+ players but it will help 95% of guilds who have a variety of player levels.
    3) Limit the points you get when you fight the same player twice. The point window would show 225 + 30 knights defeated - 50 points repeat fight. I'm just suggesting you give less and less points for "farming" the same player. It's terrible that as a whole guild, you could lose because a single player is attacked repeatedly by a "gem spender" for 30 hits in the same battle. This isn't a "game" anymore when you allow something so stupid to happen.
    4) My wish would be that you should cap the number of gem re-fills per battle somehow. Whether that be 1 refill per 5 minutes, or 10 refills per player. This really gets out of hand when a guild with 1 player scores 10k points because they spent there way into the top reward. There should be a clear difference between Arena and Guild War. Arena is 1 on 1 fighting. Guild war is Team vs Team... You could still make money off refills but this is non-sense to allow unlimited spending during the same battle.

If you even implement 1 of these options, I think it will greatly enhance the satisfaction of the community with Guild Wars.

The random point distribution is inexcusable GREE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated: January 3rd, 2013
    Android Guild: Iron Throne (Guild Level 55+)
    War of Kings finish Rank #58
    Epics: Forgestone, Blaze, Tetonic
    JStar @ 100 club
    Friend Code: WBB-PMW-RRC

I'm all for fixing the randomness of the point system, but capping gem spending ain't ever gonna happen

The only fix needed is a flat win bonus

I agree with eunuchorn a flat point system would be better than the random pt system. In response to #2 a pt bonus for beating someone higher level wouldn't be a bad idea. But in response to #3 thats just ludicrous if you got minus pts for repeat attacks a guild with only a couple of members would have the advantage in any fight outside of the top 100 since the other guild would have to repeat attacks against the same person. #4 get real a cap to gem spending come on do you think someone would turn down money if you do than you are just stupid
    Level 160+

Maxed Armors: Tectonic (x2), Blazeborne, North, Arborsteel(x2), Blaztestone, Santa, Druidic, Runic, Cyclone, Hellfire, Snowstorm, Arcane, Sol, Centurion.

Line ID: bluntman57

Completely agree on all points :-)

But the randomness on scored points is really painful. In the same battle, my guildmate beat the GM for 163 pts, while a HC gave me 360 pts.

Makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by Daenerys; 10-13-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Guild Name: Iron Throne (Android)
    Guild Level: 56 (35/35 members)
    28 levels of elemental bonuses
    Lvl 100+ players welcome
    Line: kddaenerys
    #58 in War of Kings

2) Use the point system from arena where lower level players beating higher level players yields a bonus. AND display it in the window such as + ### Level bonus. Ex - (200 + 30 knights defeated + 50 Level bonus). This one won't affect the top guilds in anyway who all have 100+ players but it will help 95% of guilds who have a variety of player levels.
    No. There should not be any bonus for level deficiency. Lower leveled players shouldn't benefit from 1. Playing the game a lot shorter or 2. Focusing on leveling armor instead of character level or both.

3) Limit the points you get when you fight the same player twice. The point window would show 225 + 30 knights defeated - 50 points repeat fight. I'm just suggesting you give less and less points for "farming" the same player. It's terrible that as a whole guild, you could lose because a single player is attacked repeatedly by a "gem spender" for 30 hits in the same battle. This isn't a "game" anymore when you allow something so stupid to happen.
    This doesn't make it fair for guilds who worked hard to get a higher guild level and recruited more players.

4) My wish would be that you should cap the number of gem re-fills per battle somehow. Whether that be 1 refill per 5 minutes, or 10 refills per player. This really gets out of hand when a guild with 1 player scores 10k points because they spent there way into the top reward. There should be a clear difference between Arena and Guild War. Arena is 1 on 1 fighting. Guild war is Team vs Team... You could still make money off refills but this is non-sense to allow unlimited spending during the same battle.
    Limiting Gree's income won't happen.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

As a suggestion TS, next time use paragraphs to break up ideas aand key points.

Makes it easier on the eyes and easier to read.

You would be surprised how many people will ignore a post when it is a wall of text

Someone had the idea to force you to win against each player in a guild by blacking out the name after defeat. Taking out a full roster would be a huge point bonus. At 4 attacks per refill, 40 members, Gree will be raking in gems. No more +50% win bonuses. & make Champ/Sent Rank bonus halfway between GM & HC. Right now GM is only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Someone had the idea to force you to win against each player in a guild by blacking out the name after defeat. Taking out a full roster would be a huge point bonus. At 4 attacks per refill, 40 members, Gree will be raking in gems. No more +50% win bonuses. & make Champ/Sent Rank bonus halfway between GM & HC. Right now GM is only difference.
    I still really like this idea. It would make it more interesting then having to just find the weak link and slaughter they guy over and over and over.
    Epic: Northerner's 99/99, Forgestone 99/99, Snowstorm 99/99, Arclite 99/99, Stalwart 99/99, Beastmasters 99/99
    EB +: To Many to List

Android User WBB CGV HXW
    Level 100+

Honestly, with all the complaints about spending, maybe there should be a non-spending tier for GWs where the rewards are absolutely crap but there's no permitted gem spending at all. That way, the non-spending guilds can figure who is the best without trying to sneak in a way to get rewards.

Kinda like the hardcore ladder in Diablo?

Some responses to the feedback

1) If you have a disadvantage in statistics, I think that should equate to the bonus. If a commander beats a GM, that is 10% stat bonus difference and I think it should be rewarded. Whoever said that beating a GM gives 50% is just wrong. I've scored more points from beating a commander then beating a GM before and it wasn't even close enough to chalk it up to a random low point off GM before bonus.

2) I was talking player vs player level difference not guild vs guild level difference. Also, to clarify, all players > 100 would count the same like Arena does it. And it wouldn't be a bonus for 99 fighting a level 100. It would be like 10 level (10 - (player level / 10) * 10%

3) The repeat attack system is a real problem. Those of you at the top maybe don't see this as much because you have all strong players. Once a weak link is exposed, its usually attacked 90% the rest of the battle. I think adding a point reduction to limit this abuse is completely fair. And for those of you saying you should have to beat the whole guild, that was my idea earlier posted in #2 of this post here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...204#post981204

I don't believe I suggested a point bonus for beating the whole guild but that would be a very nice add to this concept.

4) Thank you to the other player that realized even if you cap or limit the gem spending, Gree is still going to make a lot of money. I'm just suggesting that you limit the way a single player is able to win a battle by spending 100 gems when they would clearly lose the battle. I don't have any idea what the appropriate cap would be (5 refills per battle?) but certainly if there are still people out there hacking in this game to get free gems then it would put an immediate end to that BS that is still going on.

Flat points is a very boring system. There would be no sense in ever attacking a high commander or above with a flat point system. For those of you supporting it, why would you ever attack an officer with this system??? Pride? To rub it in? Now that is real stupid idea here.
    Updated: January 3rd, 2013
    Android Guild: Iron Throne (Guild Level 55+)
    War of Kings finish Rank #58
    Epics: Forgestone, Blaze, Tetonic
    JStar @ 100 club
    Friend Code: WBB-PMW-RRC

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    If Gree would still want to rake in big bucks, they could make it a time bonus (like some games have a bigger bonus the faster you clear a level) and end the battle once one side defeats all of the other side. Would RR be able to rack up 1000 battles in a war that way?
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by JStarbux View Post
    Some responses to the feedback

1) If you have a disadvantage in statistics, I think that should equate to the bonus. If a commander beats a GM, that is 10% stat bonus difference and I think it should be rewarded. Whoever said that beating a GM gives 50% is just wrong. I've scored more points from beating a commander then beating a GM before and it wasn't even close enough to chalk it up to a random low point off GM before bonus.
    iOS apparently has some bonusses to killing leadership positions. Android doesn't.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    iOS apparently has some bonusses to killing leadership positions. Android doesn't.
    There should definitely be a bonus for defeating opponents in leadership positions. "You can even earn additional points for defeating guild leaders and tougher opponents" is clearly stated under the guild battles descriptions in "guild help". Unfortunately, I don't think this has been implemented yet for Android.
    Knights of Furyans