Still waiting for an explanation regarding the new and depleted Gold Bonus Program

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting for an explanation regarding the new and depleted Gold Bonus Program

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count

Still waiting for an explanation regarding the new and depleted Gold Bonus Program

Those of us in the bonus program received an email flatly stating that the program was being changed because it was "seriously affecting the balance of the game." I've gotten no response via email, and no response yet here on the forum, so I'm asking again: How do you feel these new tiers somehow restore balance? Because I don't see it.

People willing to spend $5000 in a month in your game remain unaffected, and people who were never in the bonus program remain unaffected. The only people affected are those willing to put together $500, $1000, $2000 in a month to get themselves a little extra gold for their money. Pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity that costs you anything to produce. How is balance restored to the game by squeezing these mid-tier spenders out of the program?

Feel free to give me a complicated answer. I promise I'll try and keep up.

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    First,
    I feel bad for you.
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCKallDAY View Post
    First,
    I feel bad for you.
    Haha, don't! Next time I cobble together a spare $2k, I plan to put it towards a new MacBook.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCKallDAY View Post
    First,
    I feel bad for you.
    '

I'm sure we're all crying a little inside for them.
    Last edited by seansheep; 10-13-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Consistent Contributor real badman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Girlfriend View Post
    Haha, don't! Next time I cobble together a spare $2k, I plan to put it towards a new MacBook.
    Better Idea.
    I'll go for a holiday the next weekend. (During Battles)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wish is was rich.........but im not.......wish i had gold.but nope..

sorry Gree did this to you tho Dr
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.

Post Count
    Those of us in the bonus program received an email flatly stating that the program was being changed because it was "seriously affecting the balance of the game." I've gotten no response via email, and no response yet here on the forum, so I'm asking again: How do you feel these new tiers somehow restore balance? Because I don't see it.

People willing to spend $5000 in a month in your game remain unaffected, and people who were never in the bonus program remain unaffected. The only people affected are those willing to put together $500, $1000, $2000 in a month to get themselves a little extra gold for their money. Pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity that costs you anything to produce. How is balance restored to the game by squeezing these mid-tier spenders out of the program?
    First of all, if it is just "pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity" then why spend so much on it? Second, you kind of answer your own question. The huge spenders will always remain outbalanced. So now the medium spenders will get less gold extra when they purchase a lot which will not let them seperate themsleves farther from the rest. Isnt that keeping it more balanced? By letting less people run away with high stats?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoKidd View Post
    First of all, if it is just "pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity" then why spend so much on it? Second, you kind of answer your own question. The huge spenders will always remain outbalanced. So now the medium spenders will get less gold extra when they purchase a lot which will not let them seperate themsleves farther from the rest. Isnt that keeping it more balanced? By letting less people run away with high stats?
    Good Point
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCBC View Post
    Good Point
    Whats funny is that I never thought of that. I just read the post and had it explained to me!

Post Count
    I don't see how that balances the game further. Without those mid-tier spenders, the players willing to spend just get further and further away from everyone else.

Personally, I think the decision makers at Gree are idiots. All I see this change doing is reducing revenue. The mid-spenders aren't going to spend if they're not getting the same value for their money anymore, and the big spenders won't need to spend as much to stay ahead.

As for me, I only started spending due to syndicates, and finding out about the bonus program is the only thing that made it worthwhile to me. I didn't mind spending a little to help my teammates out, and could justify it with all the time I spend on this dumb game. But I have an outstanding syndicate that puts a premium on getting the most for the least spent, and with these changes, I have a feeling we're going to collectively ride out into the sunset when our current gold runs out.

Post Count
    But I have an outstanding syndicate that puts a premium on getting the most for the least spent, and with these changes, I have a feeling we're going to collectively ride out into the sunset when our current gold runs out.
    And the Molly Maguires will move one step closer to dominating this game.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    And the Molly Maguires will move one step closer to dominating this game.
    You have quite a fight with dippy first.. We all know he will be the last one left
    retired

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    You have quite a fight with dippy first.. We all know he will be the last one left
    Eventually we will add Dippy to our collective.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    People run away with high stats from accumulating excessively generous bonuses added onto top prizes from events, not by mere spending. That problem is most pronounced in KA where many members of FUN are now untouchable in war to even strong players from other guilds. I think the changes to the gold program have been extended there also, so the balance argument doesn't wash for me.

More likely it's either just another reward for Gree's biggest sponsors or an underhand way of trying to encourage the medium spenders to dump even more into the games (even at wider intervals so their overall spend doesn't go up much).
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Gree aren't even reading this. They are too busy smoking Cuban cigars in a spa filled with champagne.