Community Events! Let's Discuss! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Events! Let's Discuss!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Recycle your old units into walls - go green
    Or some other way to remove the fat from your inventory.

Make the forum chat work, stop us from going other places to communicate.
    Enable faction messages directly to the news for officers
    Make notifications editable, so only faction messages are broadcasted and silly messages like 'laze up -your stamina is full' is ruled out.
    Last edited by Player2; 10-11-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: amnesia

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree with the market idea

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Maybe a chat system that works quickly? I get the news, then have to exit to actually get the full message. Also, what about a return of the scratchers in some way? Perhaps one every week? Or even as prizes for goals/map mastery? Faction scratchers for purchase by leader that affect all members for a certain amount of cash? Luck is always fun, instead of "log on every day to receive the same unit as everyone else"

Post Count
    Make your own ltq week, best one gets put into reality.

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202

Consistent Contributor Einszwei's Avatar
    Post Count
    Add me Mondays

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count

Thumbs up Community Events - Sharing the love - Has KA got the answer?

I had the pleasure of being invited to be involved in the most recent KA event called 'Broken Blade'. Now whether by design or not (I think not) players from usually rival factions were able to join up and carry their numbers to each other. I know the comments here about that in MW. This may be a different community but it was a very social event with most factions helping each other except the top 3-5 factions. Significant factions were assisting the smaller ones and it went on. Having experienced that on a larger scale than MW number swapping, there was no concern about taking stats or anything else. It turned into a genuine friendly helpful community event where for once the factions (in effect) merged as one for that period. Sharing the love was good for a change.

I actually enjoyed that community event more than any other event.

Nobody bothered at all about lesser factions getting what they were not entitled to as we focus on here. As I said the very strong factions just went about helping the little guys and the free. Superb KA, surprising & a great community.

I hope Gree doesn't change that because the feedback from most involved was that it was a fun community event where for once, everybody worked hard for everyone else. It really added that missing element to the game. I have no idea if it would work here as most seem pre-occupied with everyones stats for some 'pie in the sky' strategy.

Factions did not wait to finish before helping, everyone seemed to just get involved almost straight away.

Reserved for further input.
    Last edited by Wai; 10-15-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Make a thread like this one for Crime city, that game needs to improve: add Small Group Fights as a new feature, allowing people to form small groups with the syndicate members to fight other groups within the syndicate or from other syndicates. Also add a Stats per group, adding the members stats (with all bonuses an modifiers if they have them). Or at least add it to the Syndicates, its not like its gonna improve our stats (directly) or something but at least it going to make it more fun, people want to be the best so it will increase the competition. The groups wouldnt have bonuses (just the syndicate's, unless there are groups that are not part of a syndicate). Adding that Stats percentage per group would would make people want to have the strongest players (1-5 man group, nothing big), and it would tell how strong the group is, if its the syndicates you add to, then itd tell how strong the synd is.

Add this to mw.

Ya gotta come up with something fun, the game is about gangs and crime, think of something and add a thread like this on the crime city forum, it only takes 10 seconds to copy and paste ...

Lurker
    Post Count
    How about a 1 day (24hr) war event event on a day the week before the full war weekend. Make this event a completly non gold event so as to reward factions that work as a team and not necessarily the faction with the deepest pockets. You could make the reward tiers 1 time use faction bonus increases for the war weekend to follow.

Also would be nice to be able to donate gold to people who do scouting war weekends, or if you created a health regen item that could be purchased and donated to a player or to the faction which than could be distributed.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Have live face-to-face events in selected cities where we can all get together and share stories and knock back a few.

Have picture contests of where we do our gaming.

MW Design Contests/Fan Art

Haiku/poetry contests, for example:
    I raided your base
    And then you threatened my life
    Waaaay too serious

Level Sixty-Five
    Four Million Attack/Defense
    Monastic camper

Attacked a Pirate
    Just to check out his units
    Bring on the revenge

"May I be Excused?"
    Tap, tap, tap, in the restroom
    Faction loyalty

(c) 2013 Robespierre

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I love the poetry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Have live face-to-face events in selected cities where we can all get together and share stories and knock back a few.

Have picture contests of where we do our gaming.

MW Design Contests/Fan Art

Haiku/poetry contests, for example:
    I raided your base
    And then you threatened my life
    Waaaay too serious

Level Sixty-Five
    Four Million Attack/Defense
    Monastic camper

Attacked a Pirate
    Just to check out his units
    Bring on the revenge

"May I be Excused?"
    Tap, tap, tap, in the restroom
    Faction loyalty

(c) 2013 Robespierre

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Community (forum) events that actually impact the game play would be very engaging. You have to get the timing right - if it's "name a unit" and the unit doesn't come out for 6 months it loses the fun. But being able to have "near real-time" change happen in the game based on what the community is doing in the forum would be engaging.

Make your own LTQ sounded cool. Or something like "vote for the ending" or "choose your own adventure" type of LTQ.

Have some of Robespierre's poetry show up on splash screens. Or heck, as the "storyline text in the LTQ.s".

Stream the creativity of the community back in to the game!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A solo pvp , but just for destructible units, leave your bonuses and indestructible units at the door and enter Fight club, once you declare you could get matched to who ever. If you have the minerals for it. Should help to get rid of some units.

Post Count
    How about a modern war lottery? Each week people will have to pay 1 million in game cash to enter and then a random alliance code from the entrees will be drawn out, they will then be paid a cash amount anywhere between 100-250 million in game cash (different each week). Also if someone doesn't collect their prize within two days then the prize is rolled over into the next week to make the prize even bigger, so if the prize was 150 million that week and the scheduled prize for next week was 200 million, but the person didn't collect it within time then the 150 million will be put together with the 200 million to make a grand prize of 350 million cash for the next draw.
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by droffatsto50 View Post
    How about a modern war lottery? Each week people will have to pay 1 million in game cash to enter and then a random alliance code from the entrees will be drawn out, they will then be paid a cash amount anywhere between 100-250 million in game cash (different each week). Also if someone doesn't collect their prize within two days then the prize is rolled over into the next week to make the prize even bigger, so if the prize was 150 million that week and the scheduled prize for next week was 200 million, but the person didn't collect it within time then the 150 million will be put together with the 200 million to make a grand prize of 350 million cash for the next draw.
    I want...gimme now.

Seriously tho a cool idea.

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202

Lurker
    Post Count

Adding more features

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Greetings Folks,

As some of you might have seen over in the Kingdom Age forums, we are going around gathering feedback and ideas from everyone regarding what you would like to see in regards to making things more engaging, fun and all around entertaining for the community.

We already have a pretty good game plan laid out for what we all here would like to do but seeing YOU are the community, we would like to ask you all first etc.

So please feel free to offer your ideas and feedback to the question below. Once we have a fair amount I will update the op with whats been suggested.

Thanks!

What type of community/social events would you all like to see or take part in? Be it here in the forums or on our facebook.
    Would be nice if you could put things right with what there is already, like inventory in alphabetical order and the news showing faction messages, and lastly if it were possible to rearrange ally list or search function.
    Cheers