Community Events! Let's Discuss! - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Events! Let's Discuss!

Lurker
    Post Count
    I like the idea of a live get together event where factions can get together with other factions and drink a few beers,and shoot the breeze a bit, possibly have some sort of event linked to it with a faction oriented goal and unit giveaways involved for live events, maybe a special faction unit for every faction that has 5 or more members show up, possibly host this event in multiple locations worldwide at the exact same time, ask for volunteers in select citites to help with arrangments and such.Just an idea.

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count

Thumbs up Community Events - Sharing the love - Has KA got the answer?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Discuss!/page3

See the above. Does it really have to be always designed for those of us at the top. I want to get out and help others periodically in low factions and the free. I want to spread the love. I want a glitch that actually was a community help event. So stop making it more difficult for those without much. Who really cares if others get things some think they are not entitled to. We have all been low level and lower stats ourselves. I enjoyed a helping hand, so give us a community event and stop the nonsense of turning up with wick on everything. Let us help others in this game. You might just get a few that hang around if we can share the love around. Make it so.

Kindly place our units in strength order left to right.

Please describe the unit to be won and the strength on screen for every level in every event.

Give us plenty of warning with early advice when you decide to change things and be upfront enough to tell us when you turn the wick up on events. If ppl know what is going on and why then they are less likely to leave. I would like them all to stay.

Get your minds back on the game as a focus and reduce the only driver lately of being the buck $. Put the game back into your thinking as it was originally.

I am tired of the top factions and players and I include myself, of trying to preclude those below them of achieving anything. They are just insecure. Let those below achieve, or dump the faction idea. This game is not and never was run by heavy spenders in top factions. The buck$ to run this come from those well below, spending their little bits here and there. You hurt them and this falls over. So let's not hear anymore nonsense about any top faction being the $ that drive this game. That is not even remotely true. So start dancing to the beat of the middle and little guys for a change and the rest of us (including me) can look after ourselves. I want this game to continue long into the future so I want the middle and little guys given every advantage. I already hold an unfair massive advantage over them.

Give us a calendar that we are capable of planning around months in advance. We don't need the names of the wars, just the fact there will be a war on the first weekend of every calendar month or whatever weekend it falls. Just make it consistent. As crazy as it may seem to you, you might find that ppl can actually plan ahead and work this into their schedule so they can participate. Just a crazy out-there thought, if you want participation.

It's time for something else than factions. Great for a while but loosing its gloss quickly. Community events may just invigorate many so factions can continue.

Remember, you can only squeeze the lemon so much. I get the sense that is been squeezed to death.

And I do not want to see another moderator say "you don't have to do the event you know". You know very well that your company puts on events so ppl DO THEM. That is what your company does, they want ppl to DO THEM. You also know your company deals in the psychology of gamers and their addictions, so they feel THEY MUST do them or be left behind. Your company knows that very well, that's what they feed off of. So please don't tell ppl here they do not have to do them, because your company deliberately and knowingly places them in a position where they feel they must. Your company does that then turns the wick up on events and on those same ppl your company have placed in that position. Shame on you.

Here is a genuine 'out there' thought. I doubt it could be incorporated but who knows. The Ability to collect a device (call it what you like) that can be used during battles to render a few opposition players or even an entire crew ineffective for 1 minute only at any time selected during the battle. This could make for some interesting counter-tactics. As I said, it's a bit out there, but thought I would mention it anyway.

Reserved for further comment
    Last edited by Wai; 10-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count

trading grounds would be sweet

Trading buying units valor and concrete

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would say that an speciel forum where you can get answers from gree. This would have to be operatedby mods to weed out the stupid questions. What mods then aprove as fair qustions the pass on and gree and grees that they will answer witin 24h. This would also give the ticket que gree has a break. As it is now every question you have there is only tickets as an solution. Then create an FAQ

Also a great improvement to community is a new thread every wd overall event with start time end times for all the underlying events. Also a description of the underlying event dynmics. I.e. the latest boss event only needed a desp0cription that says it is like last time but we fixed the bug that carried over the kills. When you have a ltq then would be nice if you could tell us the missions on the forum also. If you would also describe all prices would be nice. Then mayby we could get rid of some of all the splash screens. Having to go thru 6 splashes is anoing.

That was my two cent for now
    Last edited by Plutorules; 10-16-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Danish Brigade Now looking for active players. Send me a PM if you want to know more

Post Count
    Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback and ideas so far! I'll update the op with folks suggestions shortly. Going to let this thread run entil the end of the weekend.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

gold yeilding building

most other games eventually get around to a way to harvest small amounts of gold or cash bought currency. example would be a boost type building that yields 1 gold every 48 hours......each upgrade would increase gold by 1.....so maximum upgrade of 10 would yield 10 gold every other day.....understandably the argument would be the loss of revenue......compromise would be first level yields 5 gold and 500,000......each up grade would instead of increasing currency, decrease harvest time by 2 hours........after 10 upgrades it would be every 28 hours......unless people stay up odd hours every two or 3 days a day would be skipped......most weeks the amount of gold harvested would be 20 or so after fully upgraded......would reward long time players and would generate a big initial revenue bump if the price was say 40 dollars to purchases the building up front. that would be 40 dollars I would spend and I haven't bought gold in months

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    How about different ranks within the factions instead of just member & officer... Something more to show senior leadership. Maybe 1 - 3 more ranks? ...or ranks with custom fields

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryVIII View Post
    Be able to chat with opposing faction during wars in real time.

Separate donation comments from general faction chat.

A green dot (like on forums) if a member is currently online.

Also, maybe a sea based LTB

As far as community based events:
    - Name an item contest (preferably decided by gree so as to not make it a biased contest)
    - Add me Monday, Trivia Tuesday, Etc..
    - AMA threads
    - Free gold given as a prize to forum members most helpful. (Thief or Devin for example) I am thankful, and I know many others are for the work they have previously or are currently doing for forums.

I'm sure I'll think of more
    One more... Item prizes which can be used like what is in War of Nations. Example: win a clickable prize which would give 1000 energy (essentially an energy refill) or stamina, med pack, a temporary stat boost, building output boost, etc...
    This would enable a little more strategy as one can individually decide when best to use the temporary boost or refill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Just gonna bask in some smug today

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I started MW before faction wars began. It was great at first, but then the need to compete using money took some fun out of it. You should start the free gold videos again. Also, most factions use other media such as Palringo, Groupme or Line to help faction members comunicate already. Focus more on helping the little guy that just started by giving them 100 gold. I will add more later.

Post Count
    Not necessarily community based comments Sirius but what I'd like to see:

a) unit sorting in our inventories. This has got to happen.
    b) name the unit comps again, these used to be so popular and really got the community involved. The winner gets the unit.
    c) some way of trading in/getting rid of/paying to upgrade all the old units that don't make it to war any more.

That's it. With regards to C, an easy way to do this would be to have set layers of upgrade units. One for each unit type (air, sea, etc).

So a level 1 upgrade plane, tank or trooper has 20/20 stats and costs 100,000 to upgrade to regardless of what unit you are upgrading from. If you trade in 50 units of a certain type the upgrade cost is half.

A level 2 upgrade would have 40/40 stats and would be one million to upgrade to. Level 3 would be 80/80 stats and 5 million to upgrade to. This way you can have as many upgrade levels as you like and can add more to them to account for stat inflation in the future.

It's a win win. We can get rid of all our old units for nice new ones. We get to spend all our in game cash. Your servers don't have to hold the information for millions of redundant units.
    Currently to be found ripping it up with the Titanium crew on Call To Arms. PM me to join the fun.

Banned
    Post Count
    1. Sorting inventory by stats/name
    2. Gold producing special LE building [maybe anniversary] ? Even miserable amounts of gold manufactured would make it really interesting
    3. Boost buildings are available - for def/att - why not make boost building for Health Regen? Again, even small amounts like -1% per level would make it soooo appealing especially new 'mini' accounts popping up like shrooms after rain that have none of the punished HLP accounts that got plenty [some of them]; same with Stamina and Energy regen
    4. AT LEAST make it possible to either trade for cash or for higher stat units within available inventory as what's the use of those dusty "0 Attack; 1 Defense" toys?!?

Please? ^_^

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    why not reward a little competition within our own factions, maybe add "energy bombs" to crate events, these could be stored and used at players choice, ie:needing 500 energy to finish a lvl in LTQ. maybe add being able to win reward allowing two upgrades instead of one.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Valor

Give me something realistic to spend valor on. I'm in a great faction so I have accumulated almost 10 million in valor. The best unit I can buy is an Expert Drone and soon I won't even be taking those into battle. How about: Buy gold w valor; use valor to do power attacks; use valor to take down bosses; use valor in FLTQs? Or just make units available to buy before I have to play the game 2 more years to rank up enough cheers!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Maybe this isn't right for this thread but i would like to see a few things that could make the GUI a little better. First, have separation in the faction chat. Keep the alerts in a different tab. The chat gets too cluttered with all the alerts making normal chats difficult or unusable forcing factions to find third party chat apps (palringo, group me, etc...).

Also, it would be great if you could toggle your inventory by attack/defense in order of total. And also identify which units were currently being used in your army and which were on deck.

One last thing, please make sending invites easier. Maybe it requires entering the faction or ally ID for a reason but that seems very tedious. Why not just have an invite option for either ally or faction built in not requiring the ID. Again the ID is useful if you need to locate someone but why make it hard for someone you just fought or raided to receive an invite from you?

Just some thoughts I had that I believe could improve the user experience.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Badass action man;1028375]
    Quote Originally Posted by busted View Post
    How about a 1 day (24hr) war event event on a day the week before the full war weekend. Make this event a completly non gold event so as to reward factions that work as a team and not necessarily the faction with the deepest pockets. You could make the reward tiers 1 time use faction bonus increases for the war weekend to follow.

Love it, a war where the rich n the hard working battler can fight fair ground!
    Love this idea! Have "Skirmishes" that last for 24 hrs... Say 1-3 times between wars. Exactly resembling wd, except you can't spend gold AND the start times are not announced, so it's up to the faction to rally their members to war. Offer big units for prizes...