Phony retirements - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Phony retirements

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisseppe17 View Post
    Oh I see...spending $2000 every three months on a silly, stupid little iOS game isn't super expensive?
    ....you again ?......go back to your room right now !

Post Count
    Posted 10-11-2013 at 04:39 am

72 hours would be

10-14-2013 at 04:39 am

Some habits seems very hard to break, as Balthazar continues to play.

Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Sorry, I missed that bit where I announced retirement.

To be perfectly clear:
    1. I am retiring, the process is not complete. Hence my current name. I was waiting for the LTB, and now I have a case event into which i will sink my remaining gold. I will change my name as soon as I'm done, so tam can decide whether to go for it or not. I will leave more than enough time for her to chase it down. The cost will be significantly more than the gold that she'd save in war, purely because that's what I've got left.
    2. I will retire very soon, and change my name to make that clear.
    3. I am not retiring because of the latest gold program changes. despite the fact that they are designed to give me and players like me an unfair advantage, the changes would have made me more likely to quit, had I not been intending to already. People who have the cash to spend at these levels like a challenge. Unfortunately nobody at Gree making these decisions could afford to compete at this level, so they don't understand what sort of people they are dealing with.

Simple fact. Gree hates their customers.

I gave them a free pass for much longer than I should have, because I thought they were trying to improve it. I was wrong. And in news surprising to nobody but Gree, there a plenty of companies that supply high quality entertainment and good customer service who are happy to get a customer with a spare 10k a month in their entertainment budget. Not only that, but they'll not actively insult the intelligence of their customers.

This is my final message. I'll be deleting the game in the next 72 hours - as soon as I've burnt through the last of my gold. And any newb who wants to whinge that nobody cares, feel free to look at the flood of messages on my wall, then take a look at yourslf. A good, hard, look.

Edit. Also, Gree should probably stop referring tickets to the forums if they're going to continually ban the people providing useful information. Sorry cj, your fragile ego will have to take a backseat.

Edit2/ for anyone thinking of going top tier, you should know that the weapons are weak, and the mods are 3% category mods. Literally none of my top tier weapons make my bonus screen, and I could earn $60k worth of mods free-playing a halfway decent camper account. The most recent was 3300 with 3% gun attack. There's a reason they don't advertise what they are.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by teddie View Post
    Posted 10-11-2013 at 04:39 am

72 hours would be

10-14-2013 at 04:39 am

Some habits seems very hard to break, as Balthazar continues to play.
    No one cares. Go find a new hobby.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    As much as I respect BZ and his contributions to the forum, and am not happy to see him leave, I have to agree with this. If you're upset with GREE because of the choices they've made, forcing tam to drop a few thousand extra this event does nothing except give GREE more money, regardless of who wins. I think cutting losses and uninstalling is the healthy exit.
    If BZ could get a refund for the gold he hadn't used, I'm sure he would have taken that option instead. Nobody has forced Tam to spend a single bar here. She could have written this event off as balthazar's goodbye to crime city.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    So Butt Futter is back, Big Money just changed his name, Balthazar/Bald Zeemer has already bought and fully upgraded two Bloody Barber shops.

Have I missed out anyone who retired for about two minutes?
    Why do you care?

Consistent Contributor [CM]]forgetaboutit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    So Butt Futter is back, Big Money just changed his name, Balthazar/Bald Zeemer has already bought and fully upgraded two Bloody Barber shops.

Have I missed out anyone who retired for about two minutes?
    Lupo de Stupido retired before as well