Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[iOS Guild Wars] War or the Damned - October 10th

Attention Knights, Minions, and Dragons!

The War of the Damned has officially begun!

ANDROID: War begins October 10, 2013 @ 11AM PDT
    Apple/IOS: War begins October 10, 2013 @ 2PM PDT

Apparently your active Guardian dies at the end of a war even if the enemy Guild couldn't kill it.

I levelled a Water guardian to level 5, fought against a 1-man Guild (I'm a 1 man Guild too) who did one attack, and at the end of the battle my Guardian is no more.

Not very useful or cost effective, so I shan't bother again.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Apparently your active Guardian dies at the end of a war even if the enemy Guild couldn't kill it.

I levelled a Water guardian to level 5, fought against a 1-man Guild (I'm a 1 man Guild too) who did one attack, and at the end of the battle my Guardian is no more.

Not very useful or cost effective, so I shan't bother again.
    Correct, one guardian is only good for 1 battle, regardless if it's killed or not.

But just out of curiosity, are you a one-man guild by choice? I ask because I enjoy the social aspect of the guild system. One-man guild seems.... lonely.
    Guild Name: Iron Throne (Android)
    Guild Level: 56 (35/35 members)
    28 levels of elemental bonuses
    Lvl 100+ players welcome
    Line: kddaenerys
    #58 in War of Kings

This war is way to long but so far holding rank13
    Knights Name: Demonic Lord BR
    Current Lvl: 218
    Guild Master
    Guild: Bloody Reapers
    LINE: Demonic_Lord

Very good tactic GREE. Make the war longer and drop the quality of the rewards.
    I suggest a weekly GW same as arena and only #1 rank with epic reward and see.... You will get more income. Since so many fools these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    Correct, one guardian is only good for 1 battle, regardless if it's killed or not.

But just out of curiosity, are you a one-man guild by choice? I ask because I enjoy the social aspect of the guild system. One-man guild seems.... lonely.
    I was in SNL but they were talking about spending $50-200 per war. I don't have $20 to waste on this game, so I ousted myself before I became a burden (or got thrown out). I also didn't have time to read 150 Line messages an hour.

I set up my own Guild, Mercenary, with two 'support' accounts that are there purely to feed gold into the Guild coffers. I dump the support members for the war, then bring them back in afterwards.

So far I've won seven of my nine battles, and lost one by a very close margin, so even being a 1-man outfit I can enjoy a War without dumping real cash into it. OK, I'll never make the top ten (or even top 2000), but neither will most other Guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    I was in SNL but they were talking about spending $50-200 per war. I don't have $20 to waste on this game, so I ousted myself before I became a burden (or got thrown out). I also didn't have time to read 150 Line messages an hour.

I set up my own Guild, Mercenary, with two 'support' accounts that are there purely to feed gold into the Guild coffers. I dump the support members for the war, then bring them back in afterwards.

So far I've won seven of my nine battles, and lost one by a very close margin, so even being a 1-man outfit I can enjoy a War without dumping real cash into it. OK, I'll never make the top ten (or even top 2000), but neither will most other Guilds.
    You are actually the real winner my friend.
    Enjoy and have fun

Oh man when is the next fusion war already!
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

I just realized this thread is called "War or the Damned." I choose both.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    I just realized this thread is called "War or the Damned." I choose both.
    HAHAHA How did I miss that
    IGN:Cinder LINE: Cind3r
    http://www.untouchablesguild.com

You wanna know what i find really annoying? That guilds 4-10 are still going hard with the money spending... we seriously aren't in the mood to buy more 800 gem packages for this ****ty war epic but we might have to now just because others are moving. Yup, the chain reaction of gem spending which is whats making these wars so expensive for everyone.
    Last edited by Sparkle_DPA; 10-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle_DPA View Post
    You wanna know what i find really annoying? That guilds 4-10 are still going hard with the money spending... we seriously aren't in the mood to buy more 800 gem packages for this ****ty war epic but we might have to now just because others are moving. Yup, the chain reaction of gem spending which is whats making these wars so expensive for everyone.
    Hahaha! Very funny.

I'm enjoying my own private version of this war. I've won over 3/4 of my fights, and 16/20 of my battles (Guild vs Guild). I've never been pitted against a Guild with more then 10 members, and usually less. I've never seen more than three ,members of a Guild fight at once. However with my one man Guild, if two co-ordinated players with equal resources (a mix of legendary armors to wear, 2-4% Guild bonuses, level 100+) fought against me, I'd lose the battle every time.

It's interesting to see the behaviour of some Guilds.

Twice the enemy Guild has made not one attack. Why declare a War if you're not even going to attack the gate?

A couple of times the opponent has attacked me once and then given up. You should use an hour's energy on the gate, and get a few points.

If your Guild has even a level 1 Guardian, then I have to waste one of my maximum 6 potential attacks to take it down.If it's level 3, then it may take 2-3 attacks. Of course they cost money and are one-use only.

If your Guild has a Sentinel, the 50% defense bonus usually means I have to use 1 attack just to discover his armors, and a couple more to take him down. If he's canny enough to change his line-up, then even my scouting can be nullified; this has only happened once.

Okay, has anybody gotten a fusion armor from a guardian this war? The guild im in has fought dozens of battles and nobody has gotten a single one!
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Quote Originally Posted by geo81 View Post
    Okay, has anybody gotten a fusion armor from a guardian this war? The guild im in has fought dozens of battles and nobody has gotten a single one!
    They ended that last war

Post Guild ranked #73 in war of the damned (android)

So our guild ranked #73 in "War of the damned" and we are looking for some active members. Level 60+ To join.