Changes to Kingdom Age gem bonus?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changes to Kingdom Age gem bonus?

Consistent Contributor travelingsalesman's Avatar
    Post Count

Changes to Kingdom Age gem bonus?

New Gold Bonus program for KA? (Coppied from Senex Morosus here)

I dont usually create threads but this is a must. Lately, some Crime City players have showed screens of GREE's new bonus program which is very disturbing and enough reason for anyone to re-think continuing playing Crime City but if the same is implemented here in Kingdom Age, GREE, you will lose A LOT of customers. Now I know that I am not allowed to post GREE support emails in here so I will 'discuss' it and if people are curious, I highly suggest you get in touch with a CC player and see what exactly is going on. The gold bonus program has been perfect for everyone depending on tiers for a long time. Way back when Kristin was in charge and her team, the only changes that GREE made was made it an automated system rather than spamming support begging for bonus gold.

GREE, if you implement the same changes in Kingdom Age, do you really expect people to pay $3k and receive less gold then they do for $2k now? I would love to post the details but I know the rules. The only logical reasoning behind this that I can think of is GREE is shutting down because there is no way a smart marketing team would even think of adding these changes to a successful game (CC). There are currently many players in CC who will not get the bonus they aimed for because as of October 2013, GREE changed the program without letting anyone know in advance. I dont blame those who have mentioned they'd quit, I would do the same thing if this is the new gold bonus program in the game now.

GREE please re-think your decisions about what you may do to KA if the same program is implemented here as well. I am expecting to be trolled by free players but this thread is not for you to be concerned about. There are people here who are paying customers and they could possibly be ripped off by GREE by November 2013 if this is management's plans for the new gold bonus program.

New gold bonus tiers:
    $500 = 2,500
    $1,000 = 5,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    $2,000 = 20,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    $3,000 = 45,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    $5,000 = 125,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    $10,000 = 250,000 + event level equivalent exclusive item

^ this info has also been posted here
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Bonus-Program
    So technically I haven't copied and pasted your email from Support.

This is great news to a lot of people but I don't see how anyone who used to pay so much for a gold bonus to settle for much less. I doubt this crate level unit is worth the missing 10k gold for the $1k tier.

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wow, this is crazy !!! Gree could you confirm if the bonus program has changed? Hmmm, I should perhaps send a ticket to enquire.
    IGN: Beng (from 4 Oct 2013)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So far they've only changed it for Crime City (KA, MW and MQ are still at the old bonus levels).

I'm hoping Gree will see what an unmitigated disaster this is for Crime City spending, and therefore refrain from similarly disincentivizing gem-buying in their other games.

Post Count
    Perhaps using cc first to 'test the water'?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What's the current bonus program levels? I haven't bought before, but if the bonus is decent enough, I may reconsider my position.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin-MN View Post
    What's the current bonus program levels? I haven't bought before, but if the bonus is decent enough, I may reconsider my position.
    Currently $1,000 gets you a 15,000 gem bonus, and $2,000 gets you a 50,000 gem bonus.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Purchases and thus bonuses are computed on a monthly basis. Enroll via in game support to the bonus program, they will send a confirmation e-mail once you are in. Any purchases made before you enroll WILL NOT be counted. Currency denominator - USD, by actual amount spent. So if there's a 40% discount, the full price of a mountain of gem, for instance, is not a factor. The amount you paid for that mountain of gem is. Hope I did not miss out anything .... Good luck
    IGN: Beng (from 4 Oct 2013)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomedood5 View Post
    Currently $1,000 gets you a 15,000 gem bonus, and $2,000 gets you a 50,000 gem bonus.
    So it's $1000 to get any kind of bonus? No thank you - I'd rather pay my mortgage.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin-MN View Post
    So it's $1000 to get any kind of bonus? No thank you - I'd rather pay my mortgage.
    Bonus actually starts at $500, but you only get 2,500 bonus gems. That said - I don't think there is any conceivable gem bonus level that would make it more attractive than paying your mortgage.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomedood5 View Post
    Bonus actually starts at $500, but you only get 2,500 bonus gems. That said - I don't think there is any conceivable gem bonus level that would make it more attractive than paying your mortgage.
    I think that might depend on where someone lives.... LOL Just Kidding.