Gree, what you did in relation to the gold bonus program was unethical!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gree, what you did in relation to the gold bonus program was unethical!

Post Count

Gree, what you did in relation to the gold bonus program was unethical!

I realise that the conditions state that you can change the gold bonus program at any time and that is not what annoys me.

What does annoy me is that you did it without prior notification after many people spent their allocated money at the beginning of the last war to make sure they would make their respective tiers to get the gold next month.

If a landlord is renting out a house to a couple for $500 a week and they stop by the real estate agents office to pay their rent the real estate agent cannot simply say "hey its $600 now". They have to give notification prior to raising the rent.

If you decide to reduce the gold bonus program you should have sent an e-mail as well as posting in the forum of your intentions and given at least a months notice to CC players.

This is a slap in the face to your paying customers and the ethical business practice would be to award all gold bonus tiers that were presently in place when the gold was purchased for the month of October and then make the changes apply to purchases made in November.

I don't think you realise how much this effects the gold spenders in CC and just how many players will either be spending a great deal less, playing gold free or quitting from here on out.

P.S

This is not about making the game fairer for other people. This is simply about profit, after all the bonus for the final tier remains unchanged.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well said.....
    I would very much like an explanation to why this has changed with no notification, and after many people had already purchased to get them to a certain tier.
    One of the biggest companies in the world pays there staff bonuses every month to keep them working there, can u imagine they said "sorry guys were chopping your bonuses in half"

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Capt. The weird this is so far this gold bonus program change was only for crime city, and not any other gree game

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there

Post Count
    They couldn't give a fiddler's fart so of course they're not going to explain the reasons why. Why should they?

Ever thought that they may be deliberately trying to alienate audiences, put company performance on a mini free fall, suppress share prices and (for those major shareholders with ambitions and knowledge) buy back yet more equity for less...

... just before launching a corporate game changer that'll see the shares rocket again...

It happens. And you mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffhole View Post
    Well said.....
    I would very much like an explanation to why this has changed with no notification, and after many people had already purchased to get them to a certain tier.
    One of the biggest companies in the world pays there staff bonuses every month to keep them working there, can u imagine they said "sorry guys were chopping your bonuses in half"
    WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!
    IF UR NOT SERIOUS...THEN JOIN US!
    MAFCODE 996680019 / SYNCODE 479699911
    LEVEL 155+ ATT/76M+ DEF/65M+ IPH/7.8+ BANS/4.0
    PROUD MEMBER OF 100CLUB / 20O CLUB
    WHEN THE MOONS LINE UP SHOOT FOR THE STARS

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
    Capt. The weird this is so far this gold bonus program change was only for crime city, and not any other gree game
    From a GREE point of view they would be happy if the Crime City players started playing another GREE game instead. There have been threads about CC is on an old platform and they cannot add hood extensions for example. GREE is trying to squeeze out as much as possible from a dying game...
    CC Acount: 421 615 007
    MW Account: 494 398 266

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
    From a GREE point of view they would be happy if the Crime City players started playing another GREE game instead. There have been threads about CC is on an old platform and they cannot add hood extensions for example. GREE is trying to squeeze out as much as possible from a dying game...
    If they think people will just quietly move to another Gree game and continue spending there after being slapped in the face like this they're in for a big surprise...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kuksluk View Post
    If they think people will just quietly move to another Gree game and continue spending there after being slapped in the face like this they're in for a big surprise...
    The question is how much they make on CC ? Perhaps it requires much more in maintenance compared to MW and KA for example. It's no secret MW is a much bigger money maker for GREE.
    CC Acount: 421 615 007
    MW Account: 494 398 266

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    I'm not saying I disagree with anything in your post about bad ethics but why do you have SAS 1 in your sig as a top 1-3 team? Maybe top 2 team would be more ethical. Just sayin'
    I counted in PVP events too Sry for misunderstanding

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by evj View Post
    I counted in PVP events too Sry for misunderstanding
    Quoted for truth lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
    So how about coding crime city 2 and exporting the existing database?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault&Flattery
    Hey guys, we expected a lot of people to be angry about this. It was either make the changes or remove the program entirely, so we went with this. Keep in mind that it's a courtesy program we don't have to run at all, and we give out free stuff. Anyone that enrolled agreed to us making changes at any time.
    You're right... it's unethical to give out less free stuff. Let me know when you hire a lawyer to sue GREE for their unethical free gold rewards.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_ View Post
    You're right... it's unethical to give out less free stuff. Let me know when you hire a lawyer to sue GREE for their unethical free gold rewards.
    Well tbh and according to law its not free stuff when you have to pay a certain amount to achieve a prize/extra gold or whatever. It would have been smart to announce it at least one month ahead to not interfere with current purchases and gold bonusses.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_ View Post
    It's quite possible to do something that is both legal and unethical. I would argue that changing a monthly agreement in the middle of the month (such as for those who already spent 2000 expecting the previous 2000 tier) to be quite unethical. If Gree had the common sense and common courtesy to make this change effective November, while I would still disagree with the change, I would at least consider it ethical.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    Well tbh and according to law its not free stuff when you have to pay a certain amount to achieve a prize/extra gold or whatever. It would have been smart to announce it at least one month ahead to not interfere with current purchases and gold bonusses.
    I already spoke to a lawyer about this and was quite surprised to hear that they thought the contract would hold up in court in Gree's favor. I do think changing it mid month without warning is unethical and very poor treatment of their customer base.

Post Count
    This is probably why they never advertised the bonus program... so no one can argue that they've advertised a product that they should be bound to deliver as advertised.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.