Page 2 of 2 First 12

There is no need to post on this website either. "The part about SyC contriving is actually correct"...... If so, it was Only after Spies and dirty game play of nwo, causing me to leave

Quote Originally Posted by GlanDeas View Post
    There is no need to explain the genuine backdrop stories, though I am glad to hear that the part about syc contriving is actually correct which is generally disregarded. As for the conflict, it extends. Judge Judy likes to rule with an metal fist, so be very cautious.

Kopi Luwak

Coda

It has been a while, so I thought I would update the history of W13 after some of my (now former) teammates nagged me about it.

When we last left off, KoNE had taken over the top of the standings and the War Dogz though still quite strong, were in disarray. In the approximately 1 month since then, the world has changed a bit. The first thing that happened is that the War Dogz stabilized and regrouped. MadRussian assumed the reigns after Philly and a couple other WD defected to KoNE. There were a fair number of strong players already there (bubbles, lynxern, Russian, and BigOslick), and several others stepped up their games to join the elite players of the world. As a group, KoNE probably was stronger, but the two got to be relatively close in strength, especially at the top (players who had multiple level 90 commanders). It was hard to tell, however, because many KoNE members tended not to get into too many fights outside of events. It was also a fluid time, as many players began "retiring" or abandoning the game.

Also around this time, the war between WD and OgT raged off and on for weeks. For those worlds who complain that the top alliances never attack each other... that was not the case in W13. OgT at this time was the third strongest alliance, but had some very strong individual players, and was challenging WD in what appeared to be a month long capping war with some respite. Officially KoNE was neutral in the matter. We (I was in KoNE at the time) often broke caps for other players, but it seemed like a) WD was more successful in capping OgT players than vice versa b) OgT was less bashful about asking for help from KoNE and c) many people in KoNE viewed the resurgent WD as our biggest threat and seemed to sympathize more with OgT. Not being in either of the two teams, I don't know who started what, and in retrospect getting caught in the middle of a capping war might have been a mistake.

Regardless, from the outside it seemed that WD was getting the better, and a fair number of OgT players started to leave the game. Around this time, OgT and SAW (who was the fourth strongest team, but had been hurt badly by their war with KoNE) merged. According to Revan, this was the only way he could find twenty or so strong players to replace the retired, inactive or weak OgT players.

Meanwhile, in KoNE, everything seemed fine at the surface but trouble was brewing underneath. When we were the underdog, there seemed to be a unifying ethos in the group; a joint purpose. After we beat the War Dogz, different people had different ideas of how KoNE should be. Some people were more competitive than others. There was also some turnover as people retired from the game or just stopped showing up, and new players were brought in. Many of these hadn't been in KoNE when the joint mission was to grow stronger so that we could challenge WD when the time came. Some of the leaders worried about the declining population, and worried that people would leave the world. At one point, an AP holiday was proposed (don't attack anyone except in events), but that made some people restless. There was division about how to deal with inactive players, and what the threshold of inactivity ought to be. Gollum, KoNE's leader, was on holiday (poor guy) and less involved in the day-to-day activities. The short of it was that there was rising discontent, which came to a head about two weeks ago.

First, a couple of longtime KoNE players were kicked out for inactivity, when, they weren't as inactive as they appeared. While it was a small group, they and a couple of players who had left the world and came back, decided to start their own alliance, which was to be true to the original KoNE principles: have fun, play as a team, play hard in events, but otherwise relax. The "minions" as they called themselves, became very significant after what happened next.

The tactic of attacking from a destroyed home base has been discussed in other threads. Suffice it to say that when a player attacked a KoNE player from a destroyed home base, it wasn't well received. After a couple warnings were ignored, KoNE as a group, decided to cap that player, and continued until he lost a level 34 base. KoNE rarely capped anyone, except bubbles (see the first post in this) and now KtKill.

That would have been the end of things, until some WD began attacking KoNE home bases (during an AP event). Some KoNE players were upset at logging into the game and finding all the buildings in their home base destroyed. While I think most players strongly believed that while this situation is upsetting, it doesn't warrant attacks from a destroyed home base, especially in light of the fact that we had recently capped an opposing player from doing so. A small group felt that this tactic was acceptable, but the resulting rift was huge, with some players vowing that they would not play on the same team as others who sanctioned attacking from destroyed home bases. Some of these players left KoNE and went to minions.

Then, a bombshell dropped. While Gollum had been less active for personal reasons after his holiday, he was still a steadying influence on the team. But he announced seemingly suddenly that he was going to leave the leadership and advised players to find another team to join; he was planning on dissolving KoNE in 48 hours. Some players immediately went to join the former KoNE players in minions. Some players joined WD. Some of the former SAW players sought to reconstitute their old alliance. Some left the game. It was a very tough time, with a lot of angry recriminations. A couple people decided they wanted to salvage KoNE under new leadership, even though the team was down to about 30 players, of whom only maybe 20 were active. Nonetheless there were enough strong players remaining that KoNE finished fourth in the build event, and the process of trying to reunify with the minions was carried out in earnest. That effort ultimately succeeded and KoNE was up to around 40 players, many among the top in the world. Still, KoNE was weakened, and the WarDogz were back at the front of the pack.

Then world 22 opened up. A number of the top War Dogz players (lynxern, bubbles, bigOslick) started up new games in world 22. I don't know how much of that is due to a sense that with KoNE taking a big hit (and at one point looking like it might not survive) their biggest rivals in w13 were gone, and how much of that was due to the world becoming, in a word, stale. While I don't think they have abandoned W13, it appears they are much more engaged in their new world (I certainly recognize some of the names at the top of the leaderboard in W13).

Where that leaves W13, I don't know. I myself have largely retired from the game, giving away all my level 34 and 38 bases, and logging in a couple times a day for a few minutes more out of habit than anything else. I donated all my resources to KoNE and then said good bye, though I still keep in touch with my many friends through groupme.

In terms of cumulative AP, the top alliance is WD, followed by KoNE, followed by OgT. And certainly, four out of the top five players (and 7/10) on the leaderboard are from WD. But many look like they are spending more time on W22 than W13, so that may change. I am happy that my friends from KoNE managed to keep the alliance largely intact, and that they have done very well in the last individual build event and in this individual war event (the top 5 players are all KoNE). But the big winners may be OgT... they have been the most stable alliance, and may benefit the most if War Dogz players aren't devoting as much time to the game.

And that's where we are today. While I miss all my friends (and friendly rivals) from W13, someone else will have to write the next update, for I have hung up my artilleries. I will, however, continue to be curious hat happens to the world as it continues to age.

Jedi [Former W13 KoNE player]

I will offer my own tale of World 4. I will start from the very beginning, and end at the point I left.

Two of the top alliances right off the bat were TeamPH (as usual) and GODS OF GOOCH. I joined GODS OF GOOCH. The world had only been active for about two weeks before there were talks of GoG and some members of PH forming into a super alliance and dominating the world. These talks quickly deteorated and the members of PH, who were upset about PH~Phoenix's inactivity, broke off and formed their own alliance - SC~Scythe. This left GoG as undisputed #1. GoG became the gold spending/super dominating/bully alliance and forced everyone else into submission. Eventually GoG changed it's name to New World Order (nWo). Shortly afterwards, nWo2 was formed, and so nWo was the first group with a sister alliance. At this point, two other powerful alliances. Synchronized Chaos (SyC) and The Union Jacks (TUJ), allied with nWo and formed their own sister alliances. Together these 3 alliances, each with their own powerful gold spenders, completely dominated the world and left no competitors.

This alliance continued for a while until SyC formed a host of new sister alliances. nWo became suspicious of SyC planning an overthrow. Threats were exchanged, culminating in both alliances revealing spies in the other alliance. This led to a full scale war between SyC and nWo. The war was extremely one-sided and SyC was wiped out in under a day.

The war strengthened nWo's ties with TUJ and both alliances quickly formed a nWo3 and TUJ3. nWo and TUJ smashed opposing alliances in one fell swoop, and the world was peaceful again. At this point, several nWo members, myself included, became worried about the game becoming too easy. We were scaring off anyone who opposed us and demolished anyone who posed any threat. Talks circulated about how to keep the world alive, when the world was closed off.

This was the nail in the coffin for me. Why try to salvage a world that wouldn't get a new supply of fresh meat? I proposed that we start over on a new world since this one was dying, but no one really wanted to start over considering how much time and gold was put into this one. It was at this point I deleted the game.

Apparently since then nWo has fought nWo2, TUJ has been picked apart, and all the top gold spenders from nWo have formed their own warring alliances. Sadly, this was the only reasonable solution to keep the world alive.

It was certainly an interesting ride, and the world was definitely a good world when in its prime. I certainly had a lot of fun. If any former nWo are reading this: Glad I could be a part. I'd definitely do it again.

~nWo_Jake
    Last edited by jakeleo90; 11-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.

World 4 before "the war"

Gods of gooch (gog) was the first ranked alliance from the beginning, syc followed behing them staying in the top five. Ymb and tuj soon formed and rose in the ranks. The order in rank was 1. Gog 2. Syc 3. Tuj 4. Ymb. Gog changed to new world order (nWo) and ymb changed to united we stand (uws). The ranks stayed the same after the name changes. The top alliances (nWo, syc, tuj, ymb, nuclear chaos (nc) duck commander (dc), and god of gods (gg) set up secondary (feeder) alliances. Unrest, started and uws converted to syc-u ( becoming part of the syc family as did syc-ua). All hell broke loose when a member of syc u had a nWo friend attack syc unknowingly starting a full scale all out war between nWo and syc and all the other alliances except tuj which had a peace treaty with nWo. It's a conspiracy that tuj helped nWo but when asked both deny it. Syc was defeated in less than 48 hours. All the survivors joined other smaller alliances but many quit entirely and some went to other worlds.

World 4

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer951 View Post
    World 4

I was the founder and creator of SyC. After Airborne Ranger deceived us, became a traitor, and joined NwO, we found his spy that was in our mix. Wraith also notified me of another spy inside SyC reporting to NwO. I confronted AR, and ultimately retired from the game because of all the dirty spy games that NwO played. Any and all "Spy Play" done by SyC was unsanctioned by me, and most probably came long after I left. Even with all the money spent by NwO, all the "name changes" and pretend fights they orchestrated, they still had to resort to spies, and could not beat us. They ultimately won out because I was completely disgusted with Wraith, Grim and AR, that I left.
    Yes. They may try to dump it on syc but that is not true. nWo played everyone in world 4 with fake arguments and dirty spy games. Obviously nWo was paranoid about something. The spy's were everywhere. However neither syc or nWo was to blame for the war.

FTD, a former member of uws that created syc-U which many members of uws moved to had a friend in nWo hit a several syc 3 members. Syc demanded nWo stop and nWo didn't like the pressure and with a lot of talk started a war. nwo once again played like the gold buying little Girls they are and got tuj to help them in a war that was supposed to be between syc and nWo. It is SOLEY nWos fault world 4 died because they were so paranoid of anyone getting close to a threat they attacked everyone that had any kind of power. It's your fault pheonix wraith and grim. Take responsibility.
    UWS~Mr.Sherwood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherwood View Post
    Yes. They may try to dump it on syc but that is not true. nWo played everyone in world 4 with fake arguments and dirty spy games. Obviously nWo was paranoid about something. The spy's were everywhere. However neither syc or nWo was to blame for the war.

FTD, a former member of uws that created syc-U which many members of uws moved to had a friend in nWo hit a several syc 3 members. Syc demanded nWo stop and nWo didn't like the pressure and with a lot of talk started a war. nwo once again played like the gold buying little Girls they are and got tuj to help them in a war that was supposed to be between syc and nWo. It is SOLEY nWos fault world 4 died because they were so paranoid of anyone getting close to a threat they attacked everyone that had any kind of power. It's your fault pheonix wraith and grim. Take responsibility.
    UWS~Mr.Sherwood
    No, this was untrue. The creation of SyC-U itself was what caused unrest in nWo. I was in the group chat and officer's chat, we told SyC to lay off with creating sister alliances, with SyC-U being their SIXTH alliance- SyC, SyC2, SyC3, SyC Training, SyC-U, and one other whose name I can't recall. We became suspicious and told them to disown SyC-U, and they basically ignored us. So we refused to acknowledge SyC-U as a branch of SyC and beat them up. This really upset SyC and soon the two alliances got into a pissing match, each claiming the other was using spies (which I can vouch personally we did not. I haven't played on the world for 3 months so there would be no point lying about it now.) Before you knew it, war started, and SyC disbanded in the blink of an eye.

Also, we were reasonably certain SyC was using SyC-U as a punching bag to get AP and win events.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeleo90 View Post

Also, we were reasonably certain SyC was using SyC-U as a punching bag to get AP and win events.
    I agree with most of what you say it is unfair to take up so many players in so many alliances but the whole punch bag thing is always something brought up in every world and in my experience is often the line used when one side can't understand how they are being beaten though I am not inferring that is the case as I don't know what happened but there is probably ,any alliances using such dirty tactics .

Anyways I have enjoyed reading all your worlds history and found all of it interesting and fun , maybe at some point I will record that of 17&21 ( only active in 21 now ) and I thank you for the interesting read !

I'm now back playing again after several months off, and this is a placeholder for the update that I intend to write. ��

Hopefully I will get around to it.

Jedi (w13)