Forget about the gold bonus just tell me where - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forget about the gold bonus just tell me where

Post Count
    Just got a rusty from sonny campioni whilst doing the elite level 17 on LTQ then come on the forum and see this thread...... How bizarre!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    A mind-blowing 22/20

20/22, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    20/22, actually.
    Haha! I swapped them over from my original post too. Never had any see
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

20/22, actually.
    I lost a lot of sleep due to that bug.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    I lost a lot of sleep due to that bug.
    I never bought that explanation. You did the same thing with the Mossburg, right? But you just nerfed that one right away and the problem went away. the M4 was around for over a year, everyone was aware of it, and you did nothing. That decision didn't smell like an "oops, we done goofed" response.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

I never bought that explanation. You did the same thing with the Mossburg, right? But you just nerfed that one right away and the problem went away. the M4 was around for over a year, everyone was aware of it, and you did nothing. That decision didn't smell like an "oops, we done goofed" response.
    Well, that's understandable, but I was there for it. That was back in the pre-Gree shoestring days, and the simple fact was that there wasn't nearly as much attention paid to the forums as there should have been (we had our hands full with the spammers, frankly). People get upset nowadays because there may be a weekend where something is first reported in the forums and it gets missed, but back then we missed something for nearly a *year*.

EDIT: Seriously, I wish we could just say it was a straight nerf, because the truth is embarrassing.
    Last edited by CJ54; 10-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Post Count
    Heh. So how did that meeting go? "Hey boss... I was tooling around our internet forum today and realized that 90% of our traffic for the last year is coming in off google searches for 'Crime City M4A1' and every post is talking about drop rates. You have any idea what that's all about?"
    Still mad at Bostick.

Heh. So how did that meeting go? "Hey boss... I was tooling around our internet forum today and realized that 90% of our traffic for the last year is coming in off google searches for 'Crime City M4A1' and every post is talking about drop rates. You have any idea what that's all about?"
    Basically. My understanding was that it was brought up fairly early, but due to the nature of the bug it looked harmless so no one took a closer look until a lot later down the line (it was a really small staff then, and everyone had their hands full early on).

It WAS a really good thing that the bug was dealt with before we added events, though. Duplicate data being generated could have caused even worse problems down the line. We still wish it had been sorted earlier, though.