Changes to the Gold Bonus Program - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Changes to the Gold Bonus Program

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aron View Post
    If im right this bonus changes will probably only affect top 25 teams, and some top 50, but not top 1-5?.. i dont see the logix..
    Maybe they want to eliminate the middle ground to encourage the low-level bonus participants to become high-level participants?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Maybe they want to eliminate the middle ground to encourage the low-level bonus participants to become high-level participants?
    I'm positive that you're right. Gree seem not to realise that the pool of people willing and able to spend 5-10k a month is actually quite limited. It would explain the supreme disinterest they show in treating these spenders with such disrespect. Maybe Gree should look at how many people on their own payroll could afford to play at this level.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aron View Post
    If im right this bonus changes will probably only affect top 25 teams, and some top 50, but not top 1-5?.. i dont see the logix..
    No. I think you're overestimating how much ppl pay into this.
    This change WILL affect all teams. i'd guess maybe 20-50% of FC will be affected.
    About 50-80% of SAS
    up to 90% of RG
    and almost 100% of all other teams down. Those top10 syndicate players who aren't affected by this change, will probably move up to FC, SAS, SAS2, or RG.

Essentially the question is how many players will spend 5K or more in one shot. Answer, almost noone, maybe around 100 players max. realistically, i'd say around 50 players.

If anyone has other estimates, please let me know, but that's my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    TMI, I think that even you have overestimated the spending. I'd say maybe 10 people in FC, 4-5 in SAS and maybe another 5 people. A few others will do a one-off big month.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    wow.
    so maybe 20 ppl max? i wonder how many of the under 5k spenders would switch to 5k? maybe another 5 players?
    this really is an odd move by GREE (assuming the purpose is to maximize revenue)
    To be honest, i would guess some of the 4-5 in SAS might go to FC, and the other 5 might go there to.
    but who knows. so much movement of players has been going around lately!
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    if you're Gree, the change make complete cents (shout out to oderus urungus!).

after the initial onslaught of disgruntled players, in some of the tiers, that are vocal here in the forums, you get to hand out less freebies to new customers who have no clue things were changed. not only that, you expect to get less freegold-riders, who spent 2k every few months, and hopefully replace them with a steadier stream of income each month.

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's called math, look it up.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    math (mth) n. (used with a sing. verb) The study of the measurement, properties, and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers and symbols.

Consistent Contributor [CM]]forgetaboutit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dispohero View Post

after the initial onslaught of disgruntled players, in some of the tiers, that are vocal here in the forums, you get to hand out less freebies to new customers who have no clue things were changed. not only that, you expect to get less freegold-riders, who spent 2k every few months, and hopefully replace them with a steadier stream of income each month.
    That would account for quite a few people(200-300 is my guess) and when most of these 2k spenders stop spending due to a very large change in their gold bonus Gree dy will probably fold this game as it not being profitable anymore
    Remember when it was vaults purchased regardless of $ value or game, that changed and so did game spending

Banned
    Post Count

I think a lot of players were doing the $2k tier every 3rd month or so due to the illusion of it being a "good deal".
    I'm sure, now that illusion is gone, they won't switch to $1-2k/month. I don't think Gree believes that either...

The new bonus tiers hardly give any illusion of being a "good deal". I sincerely doubt it will lure any significant amount of new players into becoming high rollers like the old program did.

This change can't affect spending any other way than negatively.

The questions remain...
    What is the purpose? (knowing it will decrease spending)
    Why does the change only affect CC?
    And why do it in such an blatantly provocative manner?
    Last edited by kuksluk; 10-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [CM]]forgetaboutit View Post
    That would account for quite a few people(200-300 is my guess) and when most of these 2k spenders stop spending due to a very large change in their gold bonus Gree dy will probably fold this game as it not being profitable anymore
    lol at you thinking its the 2k every few month buyer carrying gree

Quote Originally Posted by kuksluk View Post
    I think a lot of players were doing the $2k tier every 3rd month or so due to the illusion of it being a "good deal".
    I'm sure, now that illusion is gone, they won't switch to $1-2k/month. I don't think Gree believes that either...
    The new bonus tiers hardly give any illusion of being a "good deal". I sincerely doubt it will lure any significant amount of new players into becoming high rollers like the old program did.

This change can't affect spending any other way than negatively.

The questions remain...
    What is the purpose? (knowing it will decrease spending)
    Why does the change only affect CC?
    And why do it in such an blatantly provocative manner?
    of course this change won't make 2k every few month spenders into 1-2k every month. nobody ever said that. in relative terms, i expect that a handful of those players will quit altogether, some will reduce their spending, a few will stay the same, and a small fraction of them will actually increase their spending.

the point is to get away from the inconsistent income stream of $2k this month and nothing for the next 1-2 and move more towards the $500 every month players. gree completely expects some of the current $2k every few month spenders to turn into $3-4-500 every month players, and i tend to agree. then you add in the new players that come along, who are getting less freebies than we are now, but they have no clue. they just think they are getting a cool bonus of gold for spending they would already have done. Gree give up some short term cash and ill will for a better long term model.

don't get me wrong, i do have an issue with the way it was done. they certainly caused themselves some extra unnecessary grief and bad press, that is well deserved. i just tend to think the decision ultimately makes sense for them.

i have no doubt this will hit MW and KA too. they just can't do that all at once or they may upset too many players at one time.

Post Count
    the point is to get away from the inconsistent income stream of $2k this month and nothing for the next 1-2 and move more towards the $500 every month players. gree completely expects some of the current $2k every few month spenders to turn into $3-4-500 every month players, and i tend to agree. then you add in the new players that come along, who are getting less freebies than we are now, but they have no clue. they just think they are getting a cool bonus of gold for spending they would already have done. Gree give up some short term cash and ill will for a better long term model.
    That doesn't make any sense. If I have the money for a $2k bonus every other month, I certainly have the money for $500 every month-- except now, I'm even less inclined to spend it, because I am getting considerably less for my money. If I'm concerned simply with gold value (which I am), I'd still be getting a better deal with a $1k or $2k bonus than a $500 bonus. The only reason I would switch to a $500 bonus would be to simply have gold for battles, and if I'm only spending gold for battles, it's probably because I'm on the verge of quitting and am only spending out of loyalty to my syndicate. You're counting on new spenders to pick up some serious slack, which I doubt will happen. GREE will lose far more in players quitting than they will make up with spenders moving up to the $5k tier.

Banned
    Post Count
    lol at you thinking its the 2k every few month buyer carrying gree

don't get me wrong, i do have an issue with the way it was done. they certainly caused themselves some extra unnecessary grief and bad press, that is well deserved. i just tend to think the decision ultimately makes sense for them.

i have no doubt this will hit MW and KA too. they just can't do that all at once or they may upset too many players at one time.
    You're absolutely right about the hundreds (I'd say anywhere between 300-600) of players buying into the gold bonus program above $500 not carrying Gree, but I still do think that the main reason anyone got in on the program was because buying gold (more than the occasional vault) finally "made sense" with the somewhat generous bonus offer.

I for one wasn't spending any serious dough on this game before I enrolled the bonus program. The offer they had did make it interesting enough for me to spend more cash than I ever expected I would on a mobile game.
    The new tiers will not have the same impact on new players.

Having a bonus (loyalty) program is supposed to encourage regular and bigger spending, but the program must be good enough to entice this behaviour. Effectively what they're doing is actually moving away from continuous spending, towards smaller amounts and irregular purchases, not what you're suggesting increasing the regular monthly spending.

What also puzzles me is their explanation that the game has become skewed.
    I play MW, the most skewed game of them all, yet they still think it's a good idea to keep handing out 25% attack/defence boosts to the top teams in every war event. They don't seem to have any plan of levelling the playing field there, do they?