Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Question A Letter to gree - tell me what you think about

Dear, K&D-Team,

I started to play this game because of a friend of mine (he plays it roughly a year now) and it was awesome at the beginning. You can get better, your base expandes and your guild gets stronger. I really put efford in it and reached lvl 100 in a blink of an eye with using strong friends to get really good xp and only lvling up base first etc.

The great quest where we had to farm/quest our asses off was incredible hard to beat, but I did it, once more put efford in it like crazy, for the keys. Well, most of us got 2star crap for like all of the keys ... and it is what it is, sad ...

But ok, should not be that much of a problem, even if i find this unbalanced. Why you think? Well there are Guilds out there getting week per week an even stronger armor (and they have to put a **** ton of real money in it to get there) ... but thats ok, really!

The problem is the HUGE difference between the rewards top 10 and 11 and above, thats demotivating, many of our players want to give up the game, there is really no point in playing the game and using gems to get top100 ... and getting 4star crap.

U know, the game is expanding. More and more players are joining because of the game is popular even over a year after it came out. But as the number of gamers increase, the difficulty to get even top100 is incredible with using out of game chat-programs to communicate everytime during war.

When the new war was released, everyone got fired up:
    New war, yeah, get the highstat rewards, lets get even better!

And then we saw the Rewards ... Jackalope's Chaingarb (normal or +, both not good). You can be sure, like 15 guilds will try to achieve top10, but the others wont use one single gem. Because what for? There is nothing to gain from that, thats only frustating.

Here is my opinion:
    Getting this really really strong armors when you are top 10 is ok, their stats are total of 3152
    If you hit 11th your armor has 2224 (which is bad for using gems to get there)
    and if you get 26th its 1870 total .. laughable.

Sure the other winnings like getting gems and dark princes keys, water fusion boosts etc ... but the players dont really care! Thats not what they want, they want an armor to work on, to get better, when they use so much time to achieve this goal of the top 100.

So, with that in mind, and with the fact that getting top100 is far harder in guildwars then getting the +version of an epic boss, the unbalance here is too high in my opinion.

I really hope that you consider that and look what you offered the players as a reward. Please consider, that even getting top100 is hard and you have to use gems (which is giving you money), but this war many of us wont have the need to spend them, because of the rewards are not worth it.

What is something with that:
    - top 10 as they are
    - top 25 shoulshard necromantle (or a weaker 5star) without dark princes keys/fusion boosts
    - top 50 weakest 5star (but stats 2500+) without additional
    - top 100 strong 4star+ without something
    - top250 strong 4star
    - lesser rewards

With this, the chances in getting an upgrade is higher and more player would suggest to use gems and compete in the war. The motivation will be high as well and everybody is happy. Gree because of increased gems/money spent and the players who compete because of a goal, because of the chance to get stronger.

Sidenote:
    Many lvl100+ player havent got any 5star yet, and they have no luck. My friend used 33 gems (so 3x11) on the chests this time, got nuts and as I said, playes ofer a year now. That is also a kind of lack in the system. Maybe there should be a buyable 5star armor variation (not as strong as shoulshard necromantle, but you should be able to compete with them, with like 300 stats lower) like if you use 11 keys at once, you get 1 5star for sure, or if you use 22 keys, there is one for sure ... or there is the chance to buy one for like 10mil once ... or another time for like 50mil. Its a goal, the players can achieve with playing our game.

Please be so kind and tell me what you think about my ideas and my toughts,
    with best regards,
    HalbeSuppe from Wilddragoneyes

Very well written! +100 like!

All I read was "$50 bucks should make me a top tier player kthxbai. PS. I'm entitled to it"

I understand that basis of your letter, and despite a large number of spelling and grammatical errors, the point is concise enough. The issue is the justification of rewards, and suggested re-proportioning. After top 10 should most likely not have the epic. If you assume the number of gems that are spent by each individual player to get even top 10 in GW, the individual price comes to about 800 gems. For a guaranteed epic that's pretty good. No guild under top 10 should get an epic. However; Ribbons A and B should probably get a legendary+, and legendary respectively, that is competitive in the current environment, and reflective of the amount of gems that they have spent.

I have zero problem with the reward architecture. It's the justification that is an issue. No one under top 10 NEEDS an epic. Our guild hit rank 12 in FBA war, and 14 in last serious GW. We had, I believe, 10 members who spent real money. I don't think any of them spent 800 gems. We had 2 people who didn't participate at all. I don't think those 2 deserve a moontide because we got 14th. I don't think that I deserve a moontide for spending 200 gems. I thought GBG+ was a great prize. (future epic boss disregarded). I don't see how Combustion would have been bad in this war. I also don't see a huge problem in the reward being a new legendary that is competitive stat-wise.

Hopefully there will be new legendaries and not just new epics. So this balancing issue can be fixed soon.

TLDR -- but I'm going to guess the answer based on the thread title, GREE thinks you're a douchy little whiner who should keep buying gems and STFU. Am I right?
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Much like the dozen other open letters to Gree, I would not hold my breath for a reply.

@Eljayk: English is not my native language and I am lacking experience ... but maybe even for that its written in a bad way ... feel free to correct it, I am still learning

@TPR well if I dont get an answer or something like that, even written in more apropriate way would only cause myself to give up on the game, its not like my life is depending on it ---

--- stands for nonsense I wrote ^.^
    Last edited by HalbeSuppe; 10-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

All I read was "$50 bucks should make me a top tier player kthxbai. PS. I'm entitled to it"
    It does, if you have a guild full of those type of people with that mindset. Though our opinion of top tier might vary a little bit, top tier is still the top 1%, at least.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Quote Originally Posted by -Solo- View Post
    It does, if you have a guild full of those type of people with that mindset. Though our opinion of top tier might vary a little bit, top tier is still the top 1%, at least.
    Applying to spending money on wars, sure. But this whole "11 key open should guarantee me an epic" is the most ludicrous idea that people seem to think is totally reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Applying to spending money on wars, sure. But this whole "11 key open should guarantee me an epic" is the most ludicrous idea that people seem to think is totally reasonable.
    I totally agree. If that was the case, probably everyone would have epics at this point. I know I would.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Well yeah, if people can't understand the concept of RNG, then they need a lesson on common sense. If you're tight on gems/money, why spend on chests and play with chance? Instead, save your gems and guarantee an epic by using those gems for top 10.
    Last edited by -Solo-; 10-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

I can see majestic with forgestone+ soulshard+ and the next epic guild war armor+. It's kind of unfair that if they win next guild wars they will pretty much dominate the game for a while with all their plus armors. Why don't they just allow top three guilds get plus armors. Also next war will probably introduce a new fire armor and blazeborne will be fuseable right before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fts91 View Post
    I can see majestic with forgestone+ soulshard+ and the next epic guild war armor+. It's kind of unfair that if they win next guild wars they will pretty much dominate the game for a while with all their plus armors. Why don't they just allow top three guilds get plus armors. Also next war will probably introduce a new fire armor and blazeborne will be fuseable right before that.
    It's unfair they have active players willing to spend money to win?

pretty unfair that upcoming guilds spending the same amount of gems as majestic can't compete with them since their members lack as many epic+

Many of you have clearly never played other Gree games. You know why my guild is #1 on IOS & always will be? Because from the moment guilds were announced, I knew exactly what the system would be.