Opening Chests actually Random?

First of All I would like to say this is purely debatable and there is no solid proof.
    However I have boughten over $800 in chests from Malestrom/Beast/DP Chests and have never gotten even a decent legendary. However lately when farming gems and using non-$$$ gems ive received an Epic+ and Kaleidoscopic in 2/10 chests, ive also noticed people commenting that they received an epic in the 1-3 chests they opened after farming gems from video ads, ALOT more frequently, IMO Gree_d uses a algorithm to locate and lower chances on frequent spenders to produce more cash-flow from selected gem buyers and keep them going for those Epics(frequent buying patterns=lower chance?)

Thoughts?

You have cow dung luck my friend $800 please donate some to the poor

I'll just leave this here:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Why would anyone spend $100+'s of dollars for epics in chests with no guarantee, when you can earn them in wars for $20-$50 with a fairly high rate of success?

Gree is under no obligation or law to be completely random. They make, support, and advertise slot games and such, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stats were scewed slightly to benefit from typical gamblers psychology.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

You're wasting your time thinking about this. There's no way to figure any kind of algorithm because its just random. What works for one person probably won't work for someone else. I used to open chests with free gems and I got one epic out of maybe 110 chests. Then I realized how much of a waste opening chests is.
    IGN:Nova
    Level:10x
    Retired

Maybe boughten more?

its all your fault. You should have gave gree an extra $600. THAN maybe they would have given you an epic. They dont like cheap people. Yup i said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachycardia View Post
    Maybe boughten more?
    Shhh. I hear the grammar police are out tonight too.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Shhh. I hear the grammar police are out tonight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachycardia View Post

ps. Tachy is my fave person on this forum. Do you spend Tachy? The Rainbow awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post

Do you spend Tachy?
    Only when I'm awake
    The girl firmly believes I have weekly subscriptions to various expensive medical apps

Yes yes, the world does revolve around you and whatever fluke of a bad luck you have experienced must be applicable to everyone else in the world.