Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Tournament Arena] Call of the Swamp - October 3rd - October 10th

Attention Knights!

A new Tournament Arena has just begun! Put your mighty strength and formidable armor to the test by defeating other knights in an epic battle for the top spot on the Leaderboard! May victory be yours and great defeat to those that oppose you.

Is it just me, or are tourney rewards just getting worse?

I have no desire to place above the 500 bracket ever.

GM of Beastmode Gods
    Line: ORYIHM

Tournament rewards are nothing compared to the astoshining amount of gems to spend. A tortoiseshell aegis easly fuseable now, 600 ep, 40 stones and gems that can be redemed from chests at fractions of the arena first spot prices. Give something cool, like an epic or higher than spent amount of gems. Things like 1500 gems are soething a player can try to get by spending 1000 on energy, like an investment.

I think the reason the rewards look like they're getting worse is the quality of current gear. The power creep is upping the value of each gear with epics and new EB+ stats. But the rewards are the same things they've been. The thing to remember is that by the time you get to bronze/silver/gold/black, those rewards are just EP fodder. The amount of EP you're getting is staying stable. I don't think armors should be rewarded. I honestly believe they need to update it to simply gems, fusion stones, FBA, and a LOT of gold. I'd rather have gold in the bronze medal than the armors.

It would be interesting to see an EPIC as a reward but the crazy gem spenders would obviously go crazy on the arena, if you think the first place score is high now if they put an EPIC it would be ridiculous, but i vote with EljayK i'd rather have a gold rather then armors in bronze
    IGN: Deatux [XBF-FNH-ZCD]
    LINE: deatux
    GUILD: The Silver Sword
    POSITION: Guild Master
    LEVEL: 117
    ARMOR:
    Black Kaleidoscopic Raiment+, Witch's Robes+, Clayplate Mantle, Horseman's Battlegear+, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Sky Guardian

They could add fusion boosts as rewards, I don't think anyone would have a problem getting those since the arena rewards are fusion fodder anyway.

There is a guy thats always in gold medal bracket on android, his name is Mighty. He is lvl 5, has only 2 knights and has 4,500 wins with like 100 losses. How is that possible?

Cor blimey mate, what are you doing in me pockets!?
    A level 5 called Mighty has achieved the Bronze Medal in the previous nine tournaments, and currently is rank 20 (Silver Medal).
    At least 10% of the people I fight between rank 1.5k and 2k have epics, and a level 5 with Monk's Vestments is rank 20? Get rid of him GREE. He can't be legit.
    Last edited by Necromancers; 10-06-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    [BACK WITH NEW ACCOUNT]
    WCP-WXR-FMX (Android)
    In-Game Name SA Veeke DSB
    Level: 80+
    Maxed: N/A
    WIP: Chaotic Hellguard + (28/99) Voidwalker's Shelter + (23/99) Explorer's Piecemail (23/99) Summoner's Garb (17/99) Rivenborn Aegis (10/99)

Damn I came to this thread JUST to point it out
    add me on crime city 287 815 212
    and join warriors of scotland Invite code 675 245 449
    no level requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancers View Post
    A level 5 called Mighty has achieved the Bronze Medal in the previous nine tournaments, and currently is rank 20 (Silver Medal).
    At least 10% of the people I fight between rank 1.5k and 2k have epics, and a level 5 with Monk's Vestments is rank 20? Get rid of him GREE. He can't be legit.
    Well, I think there was a discussion a while ago that kind of seemed to imply that for low level players, they (nearly) only battle other low level players. If that's true and that player for ex. only gets to battle something like level 1-10 players, he could 8/8 doubledown for all his energy, since tournament winnings armors (enhancement fodder) would give him OP armor stats compared to other low level players.
    I wish KnD still worked on emulators, then I could test that theory...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I have Mighty added... His earth warrior has a Riverstone Mantle
    KnD Android: WBC-BGG-ZFC
    Nathan
    Guildless

Maxed
    Soulshard Neceomantle, Clayplate, Big 4, Flamehunter Garb, Combustion, Guarduans Battlegear, Sorchestone Aegis, Storm Sorcer +

Working on

No, low levels do not just battle other low levels. People like making up theories in this game but don't ever go out of their way to actually get any proof. My level 30 is currently ranked in the 18,000. He gets matched up vs lv40s, 50s, 70s, and 90s and they are all ranked in the 18,700 range, so no, you do not just battle people in your level range.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Well mighty has placed well enough on the leaderboard that he has much better armour from rewards. Yet he is still lvl 5 wearing the same stuff . I think it's a virus haha. There are quite a.few.others in to 100 very low level that would make it impossible even if buying gems non stop.

There are less this week than the past couple weeks after they removed the other tournament point exploits.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Quote Originally Posted by Oryihn View Post
    Is it just me, or are tourney rewards just getting worse?

I have no desire to place above the 500 bracket ever.

Out of curiosity, what kind of rewards would you like to see?