GREE - What are you doing to this game?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GREE - What are you doing to this game?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Lightbulb GREE - What are you doing to this game?

This stat inflation is beyond absurd. I can only assume that the people who have spent a ton of money on this game in the past are looking at what is happening and wondering wtf is the point of this game anymore.

Can anyone even tell me what would qualify as good stats? My mini is now level 41 with 650 attack and 700 defense. All he has ever done is wall bang and PA DLs in 1 war.

The difference between top 50 factions and top100 factions is now so unreasonable that our faction could likely win every battle on defense points alone against a previous top100-150 faction. What are we supposed to do with these stats? Spend more money? Why? The buffer is there, and it's not going away.

You have also made SUP1 invincible. No amount of money could beat them because of their boosts.

So where do we go from here?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well to be fair SUP 1 wasn't just handed those boosts they earned it like everyone else earned their positions.

Banned
    Post Count
    They are trying to fix the issue though such as the 12k unit for level 300 I was thrilled it wasn't 120k, it shows they understand inflation.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HayeZeus View Post
    Why? The buffer is there, and it's not going away.

You have also made SUP1 invincible. No amount of money could beat them because of their boosts.

So where do we go from here?
    Actually as someone who had to take a little time off i will tell you the buffer isn't anything. Like you mentioned the inflation on stats is unrealistic. Basically a new player could start an LLP and now beat someone who has been playing for a year+ by simply spending some gold. (im not talking about ungodly amounts of gold either)

As for SUP1...yes as long as those same players stay there they will only continue to get stronger and stronger. However the reality is that some will need to step down and then new blood will take their place (although it will still be SUP...it will just be different players)

Do i agree that the game is becoming insanely unblanaced and those that have spent money in the past feel like they are getting the shaft with these new units (sure) but again its a game. Pointing out the obvious does little without a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    They are trying to fix the issue though such as the 12k unit for level 300 I was thrilled it wasn't 120k, it shows they understand inflation.
    I'll believe that when they don't have another 100k unit for a few months....but i suspect we will se yet another one within the week which negates that statement.
    VFF Legends

Banned
    Post Count
    They ramped up the super trinkets way too fast... They have set a precedent that they will unfortunately need to keep up with.

Hyperinflation is the downfall of many MMOs.

Agree with the OP 100%

My personal stats have grown 500% in 30 days. WTF?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerbang View Post
    They ramped up the super trinkets way too fast... They have set a precedent that they will unfortunately need to keep up with.

Hyperinflation is the downfall of many MMOs.

Agree with the OP 100%

My personal stats have grown 500% in 30 days. WTF?
    Don't get me wrong i agree that they messed up with the hyper inflation. We got from 15k being the top unit in most peoples army (before that it was 10k) then all the way to 60k and a couple weeks later 100k? By the end of next month based on that trend we should to start and see 200k units.
    VFF Legends

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Don't get me wrong i agree that they messed up with the hyper inflation. We got from 15k being the top unit in most peoples army (before that it was 10k) then all the way to 60k and a couple weeks later 100k? By the end of next month based on that trend we should to start and see 200k units.
    Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I had taken note of this disturbing trend even before the hyperinflation set in... It was more subtle. You have to be blind now not to see what is going on.

I feel bad for all you old dinosaurs that have far more invested than newer accounts like mine.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerbang View Post
    I feel bad for all you old dinosaurs that have far more invested than newer accounts like mine.
    Yes but those dinosaurs get the same units, and combined with their boosts (which become increasingly important given all the stat inflation) actually create a bigger stat gap to newer accounts.

Consistent Contributor tnorman78's Avatar
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I'm personally pleased with the new inflation. I play with little gold use and now I have great stats.... I know it may seem bad but everyone else gains these units too that puts in the effort to earn them. So even the old timers are way stronger then anyone.who has been playing a few months and got these units are still way stronger

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Love the game Gree! Thanks.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Don't allow people jump from factions to another faction during the ltq to help them complete the ltq.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tnorman78 View Post
    I'm personally pleased with the new inflation. I play with little gold use and now I have great stats.... I know it may seem bad but everyone else gains these units too that puts in the effort to earn them. So even the old timers are way stronger then anyone.who has been playing a few months and got these units are still way stronger
    Nope, you're just a moron that doesn't understand what inflation is. Your stats still suck compared to players that are active and spending gold; however, they are just double what they were a month ago. So your stats went from a few hundred K to maybe a mil. The top tier went from a few mil to 10mil.

Banned
    Post Count
    Few months back, before the hyperinflation, I ran into a level 60 player who spent nearly $30,000 getting his stats over a million by purchasing LE sets... A few months later, a million really isn't that uncommon.

Needless to say, that was a waste of money.

Post Count
    Anyone remember the elite base defense at 300 stats was the end all be all of units ?

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Consistent Contributor tnorman78's Avatar
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger4Life View Post
    Nope, you're just a moron that doesn't understand what inflation is. Your stats still suck compared to players that are active and spending gold; however, they are just double what they were a month ago. So your stats went from a few hundred K to maybe a mil. The top tier went from a few mil to 10mil.
    Maybe your the moron if you think complaining here about inflation will do anything.GREE has found a way to double the gold sold because everyone that spends money on tons of gold will spend more to keep people from.catching them