How to transfer your game...the right way

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to transfer your game...the right way

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Lightbulb How to transfer your game...the right way

This is just from what I've read and been told by Gree support on my recent transfer.

I've read that Apple does not want to allow UDID association with apps. Who cares why, but I think this is the reason that the 'in-game' transfer process doesn't work anymore. i.e. click transfer > old device and then on new gadget tap transfer > new device (although I have got this to work about 1 year ago).

Anyways, I spent the last 2 weeks getting a character transferred over. The process is to back up your old device to iTunes or iCloud. Then on the new device, restore from that same backup. When you open the game on the new device, you will be prompted to restore data; click yes.

I hope this helps people with future transfers.

larrydavid inc has no liability for lost games and default emails from Gree.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I just did a transfer and didn't get anything like that. Still waiting ticket #976275

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    This is just from what I've read and been told by Gree support on my recent transfer.

I've read that Apple does not want to allow UDID association with apps. Who cares why, but I think this is the reason that the 'in-game' transfer process doesn't work anymore. i.e. click transfer > old device and then on new gadget tap transfer > new device (although I have got this to work about 1 year ago).

Anyways, I spent the last 2 weeks getting a character transferred over. The process is to back up your old device to iTunes or iCloud. Then on the new device, restore from that same backup. When you open the game on the new device, you will be prompted to restore data; click yes.

I hope this helps people with future transfers.

larrydavid inc has no liability for lost games and default emails from Gree.
    Very helpful info, dude. So that Funzio ID turd doesn't work anymore.....no wonder.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I tried this last time, iCloud backup didn't work. My KA was on the new phone, but when I got on, my name was Alex and I was level 1
    IGN: Hersh
    KA Ally Code: 282318435
    DR Ally Code: 479827316
    Add me!

Post Count
    If you transfer to a new device from an encrypted backup in iTunes, it seems to work fine - got 3 devices transferred this way, all 3 failed to bring across KA profile with a normal backup.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    FYI, be aware it appears iTunes can mess up your KA/device account association.

iTunes does not easily support backing up/restoring multiple devices running iTunes from the same computer... see:
    https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1495

During an IOS7 upgrade they ended up having to restore a device and now they appear to have lost their KA/device association. (They've opened a ticket with Gree... no resolution yet... ).

This appears to be a problem that they backed up 2 devices to 1 iTunes program without following the above linked method, and now have 2 devices with the same UDID I'm thinking? Not sure... but they're now back at a level 1 player on their previous high level account. Hopefully Gree support can help fix it...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    then I had this problem twice and I solved it this way:

- You start the game from the device on which you want to play
    -sent a support request to Gree menu 'of the game. Id say you want to transfer the character that you had before the transfer, with the new one you created when you reinstall on the new device.
    then in fact you need to specify the ID of the characters saying that you want the new device ID with the original character and not the one that created part with statistics at zero.
    time a day and makes a transfer, of course ID specified in the request over the name of the character and level.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastardo79 View Post
    then I had this problem twice and I solved it this way:

- You start the game from the device on which you want to play
    -sent a support request to Gree menu 'of the game. Id say you want to transfer the character that you had before the transfer, with the new one you created when you reinstall on the new device.
    then in fact you need to specify the ID of the characters saying that you want the new device ID with the original character and not the one that created part with statistics at zero.
    time a day and makes a transfer, of course ID specified in the request over the name of the character and level.
    Only way I've been able to do a transfer either.
    IGN: Hersh
    KA Ally Code: 282318435
    DR Ally Code: 479827316
    Add me!

Lurker
    Post Count

New iPad transfer

Encrypted backup to iTunes and restore to new device worked great for me. Thanks for the info.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This problem is now present for months... You would think. Development organization gives a correct priority to such issues. I understand this is not blocking the game itself, but it prohibits a considerable part off their community to transfer the game in a easy way.

I dont understand why this is not foxed yet or a solution is found...

At least the gree support could set internally for themselves and SLA to handle transfer request within 48 hours. Itis not rocket science...

I only can guess, but probably they got 3-4 support ppl for the whole market worldwide and imagine how stressed these employees must be... Nothing works, verybody rants, thousands off tickets and a backlog that grows and grows.

That also explains why there management takes ridiculous decisions as... Just close the ticket and give everyone the same support response. This is just to ramp up the data to measure their internal KPI.

So... Back to transferring a game... Good luck.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlcharger View Post
    Encrypted backup to iTunes and restore to new device worked great for me. Thanks for the info.
    Same with me, just make sure you're running the latest update.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have a question my ipad broke so how can i transfer to an ipod. i emailed Gree since I had code luckily but ipod runs 6.1.3 vs ipad on ios 7 also since two seperate devices wont let me back up ipad info to ipod.