Will the next war end KA? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the next war end KA?

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    New strategy ideas only makes the game better. How many guilds shed members and lowered points in an attempt to get more favorable matchups? How many shed allies thinking they could get higher cps? How many of these mini guilds were successful?

Anything that mixes up the game and creates alternatives for success only makes the game more playable for all.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    New strategy ideas only makes the game better. How many guilds shed members and lowered points in an attempt to get more favorable matchups? How many shed allies thinking they could get higher cps? How many of these mini guilds were successful?

Anything that mixes up the game and creates alternatives for success only makes the game more playable for all.
    Very well put....

I will keep doing my one man army in battles because it suites my gaming style.

Banned
    Post Count

What a load of manure. First off, 'anything' could mean unethical, exploitative, and or cheating, that may be fine in your world view, it certainly isn't in mine. Second off, the forum is filled with mid level guild members complaining about LOST opportunity due to the exploits of those already blessed with great resources leveraging them to the disadvantage of those lacking comparable resources.

Clearly, strong guilds are meant to battle strong guilds and so on, just as clearly, these mini guilds have fouled the expectations of Gree's matching system. It does not make them criminal, nor do I blame people for taking what is allowed. This is all on Gree. If they have intention or vision for how things should be, they sure as heck dont advertise it, and why not? Because for the most part these mini guilds are BIG SPENDERS, and in other cases are mini's, which developing has become the new obsession for the BIG SPENDERS.

The size of your wallet does not dampen the desire to succeed, nor reduce a persons expectations of a game. Players are melting away, but until its enough of the spenders melting away, it wont matter. It will get there, as more and more people get a slap of reality that some game that amounts to nothing just ate up their time and capitol well beyond what they could afford.

Nothing hastens that wake up call like futility and the feeling of being excluded. That is what the last summoned boss event and last 2 wars have provided mid tier players. The summon boss event can be tweaked to make most people happy, the wars need overhauling, period.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You guys are just now learning the hard truth about this game (and others): the developer is not in business to make the gamer happy. They are in business to make money. If you do not contribute to this profit, they could give two big steaming piles of.... Yeah. The freemium business makes a lot of money off of people that have more than sense. And it entices people with the age old "but there might be a chance of winning." It's a lot like the lottery. I'm only happy that I only ever spent gift cards from birthdays and such on the game; I'd feel horrible if I ever spent my actual money after I can read the writing on the wall.

Gree will do whatever makes them the most amount of short-term profits, and when those dry up, they'll shutdown the server and make another game from the same skin. Some of their games are among the top grossing games on the App Store. It works because the majority of humanity is a stain on the gene pool, and likes to throw their money at stupid things. They provide minimal support because (most) people just come to the forum to complain, and continue spending money. It's just like any other retailer, if you continue to give them money, the only people who care are the CSR's that have to listen to your complaining. And, they wisely (depending on your perspective) decided to run and end-around on that issue and just automated the ticket service to places where they have disposable $3/hour workers trained to copy and paste responses from a list. If nobody has to read the ticket, then nobody has to get upset and quit over it. Once their computer detects that you've resubmitted the same ticket several times, a real person will finally read the ticket, and then tell you their own copy and paste response "it is against our policy to <fill in the blank". Apply that to 95% of the players, most especially the ones who don't spend anything. This seriously cuts down on that pesky labor cost of running the company. Then, you lay off most of the developers and engineers who've built the system, and just use the live server as your alpha and beta testing site. That saves a lot of labor and money as well, because you can fire most of the testing staff and use your customer base as your testers, and you can fix the issues that are costing you money and ignore the ones that don't. That allows you to maintain and develop the code with the absolute minimum number of people that actually know how to code, and efficiently use them where you can get the absolute most return on investment. And they can do all of this because the collective playerbase says to themselves "it's a free game, so we shouldn't expect anything better. Even if we complain, it doesn't matter."

TL>DR : They can do this because we let them. Just like the US government can do this because we elected them.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor Jerusalem's Avatar
    Post Count
    The landscape for war campaigns have changed, and one such as I would argue that it's a good thing because it creates more fluidity within the various hierarchies. Members of top guilds leave and others move up to take their place, and guilds move up as well if there is a sea change in player movement. As a result, upward mobility becomes more possible by it. Anything but stagnation can be good, because players and guilds will adapt accordingly.

But some are resistant to change and too attached to things to dare adapting. That, in my opinion, brings death to the game more than what's being described in this thread.
    Dragon Warriors | Fun in Black
    [

Post Count

And what is good about gamers is that they invariably find new ways to exploit a game. 1000 gamers versus half a dozen developers, the gamers are going to quickly recognise new ways to make the game work for them. The single member guild is a valid response to the introduction of the winning streak quests. Clever and focused.

The bouncing back and forth of guild members to help other guilds for example, shows vibrancy in the face of quality and cost.

The next change will probably bring other unexpected (to gree at least) gamer strategies and that is one of those dimensions that makes gaming so interesting.

Mickaleus

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kruppe View Post
    And what is good about gamers is that they invariably find new ways to exploit a game. 1000 gamers versus half a dozen developers, the gamers are going to quickly recognise new ways to make the game work for them. The single member guild is a valid response to the introduction of the winning streak quests. Clever and focused.

The bouncing back and forth of guild members to help other guilds for example, shows vibrancy in the face of quality and cost.

The next change will probably bring other unexpected (to gree at least) gamer strategies and that is one of those dimensions that makes gaming so interesting.
    Very well said. Gree will keep changing the game, and the players will keep adapting. Until we all just give up and go play FarmVille....

JoeDaddy
    sA1 Officer
    289-330-253

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    One thing is certain. Fun has won KA. No matter what you spend you can never catch them. well done FUn.

Banned
    Post Count
    So it is a month later... Was I right about the Top 1000 and Down not being happy with match ups?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A lot more players did the small guild this war. We've been doing it since they started the streak bit and this time, we ran into significantly more guilds with high powered LLPs.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    So it is a month later... Was I right about the Top 1000 and Down not being happy with match ups?
    We've been hit and miss this war. Started off with great matchups that have progressively gotten worse. This last day has been mostly splinter guilds that kick our butt.

I agree with Kruppe that the best part of these changes is that it has expanded the universe of the game yet again. Before guilds you basically played alone except for the forum and interaction with some allies/bullies. Guilds really opened up the game socially. And the guild hopping for raid bosses and gLTQs has done so even more.

I've really enjoyed that part of the game because a lot of interesting, smart and fun people play this game. It's made the game more fun to get to know them.

All of this said, I have not and will never spend any money on KA, so I don't have that issue hanging over me.

Lurker
    Post Count
    We were in a new guild for the first time ever this war. My husband and I left our Top 750 guild because of cheats who insisted on bringing jumpers into the guild to earn prices we weren't entitled to. I understand people's desire to get the top units, but for us the fun of the game is in working hard and achieving something on your own merit. The others in our guild did not agree so we went solo.

The war was fantastic for us and we genuinely only had one bad match the whole war - with 4 losses over all. We found that our total stats added up roughly to the equivalent of the opposing guilds total stats meaning that when we were against a one man guild we knew we weren't going to be able to win a battle against him and concentrated our efforts against his castle and if we were up against a guild of 20 we were able to fight them all and score points. We seemed to get an equal share of one man guilds and larger ones and were very impressed with the fairness of the matchings. Looking forward to doing it all again!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    These wars aren't very much fun when you have to play the same four guilds over and over again. And seriously, you shouldn't have to play the same team half a dozen times.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    One thing I noticed from this past war, going from the individual leader board there's about 6000-7000 gem players, out of that I would say 5000 are moderate-heavy gemmers, I would say that's down a lot from what it was say 5 months ago.
    Gree has made some mistakes but have they learned from them, unfortunately it dosent look like it, events are going up in gem costs and the players spending gems are dropping.
    They seem to rush out content(at least it looks like that from the amount of bugs), a lot of people have asked for longer time between wars( it seems to get shorter), honestly this list prob could fill a page so I will stop, we all the issues and so does gree.
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    That's interesting, Valid. It's an old axiom that the surest sign of a dying company is a growing share of a shrinking market.