Will the next war end KA?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the next war end KA?

Banned
    Post Count

Will the next war end KA?

I was thinking about all of the 1 and 2 man guilds this last war, and the Splinter Guilds created due to the Win 50, and Win in a Row prizes which are now much better than place in the Top Ranks. Top 1000 and down guilds complained how the hated fighting these guilds, and finally got their first taste of what those of us in higher tiers feel like facing FUN every war.

And why these new Splinter Guilds people ask? Well many in the Top 75 and up spend very good money on the wars. They want the most for their money and have the advantages they have paid for just like FUN, but have never really gotten to use them do to the pool they fight in. In example I am 5 million plus in both Atk & Def Stats, and spend normally more than a couple of mountains each war. For those that do not know; MoC came in Top50 this last war (we chose to "basically" go gem free) due to being pissed at how hard the last Raid Boss Event was, and didn't feel GREE should get anymore of our money so soon after that. In this last war we faced back-to-back SB, then RK, then FUN all in a row. We also got SB, RK, FUN 2, AS and RK3 more than once. We got TRK, and countless other Top 10 guilds this last war. We also did not for the first time ever win the Win 50, or the streak prize.

Now how many other guilds had a similar war like us? Does RK really enjoy being second every war? Will not those players that have spent money for a very long time on the game not decide to make their own guild by themselves to win, or branch off into Splinter Guilds and finally use their stats they have already paid for to get the prizes? Of course they will!

Now so looking into the future of this up coming war, I see many unhappy players and guilds from the Top1250 all the way down to the Top2 (Top 4 is the worst place to be in...beat 6 other guilds but get the same prize). Until now it has been mostly the Top 75 and up; upset with guild matches, rankings, etc... and in turn retiring. This war I predict that we will see that from almost every guild in the game this time around with the only exception being FUN. Is this the final end of KA we have all known was coming?
    Last edited by Rastlin; 10-02-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Its an issue for any game of this type, there will always be a group of players far above and beyond the rest. IDK what Gree can do.
    Hi guys

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    just wait for the next change in the game. remember we are constantly tested to evolve.

but in all seriousness our matchups were quite good many guilds close around us in rank, only been screwed on 3 occassions where the guild was in top25/10 during a high streak.

sure we complain a lot, but thats human nature and part of the game. everybody wants something.
    But isnt it a game, find your fun in it or move on.

that being said. Gree really needs to stop putting out buggy events, that is really irritating to say the least.
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Post Count
    Good summary Rastlin, most I know now are moving to smaller guilds as a better chance of the big unit, why spend mountains to be busted on a streak by top 10-25 guilds when you can sit out in a smaller guils spend less get more 75K worth , comes down to more bang for your buck and less stress of matching THAT guild that will flog you into next week , SB,FUN,FDK,RK!TRK , so forth, I moved from top guild as a result, had better streaks, less stress and anguish, so smaller makes you bigger and better.

Banned
    Post Count
    The game has to evolve as we know it. First of all, a simple observation proves that the world map is almost full. They could reset the map or give us another one that looks like SE Asia. Both of those options would be boring which may cause too many of us to quit. After the map is full, there are 2 choices for Gree. They either need to evolve the game in an exciting way, or watch their most active members leave.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    1-2 person guilds are going to be a fad for a war or two. The problem is that when too many people do it, these crazy stong one person guilds will end up matching each other and someone's streak will get ruined. That, plus you miss out on all of the units from guild quest and raid boss, the guild bonuses, and the camaraderie.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Agreed that these 1-2 man guilds will be a fad. Each player will have to decide for themselves what is best for them. Some are starting to realize though that certain units will always be out of their reach.

Banned
    Post Count
    I did a one man guild this past war and got the win streak goal. I pulled out of my top 50 guild because I was tired of massive spending and not getting those goals on top of it.
    I did the win streak and didn't even rank 1250 and I didn't even spend 100 gems. A fad? Not likely. You'll see more. Although I did come across a few one/two man guilds they weren't very strong.
    I suggest if you don't want to spend lots of gems and would rather the win goals instead of the battle prizes to go this route!

Banned
    Post Count
    As suggested in another thread, it's the reward system that's the problem, that and the FUN rule, which indicates that any prize available should end up in FUN's inventory.

Kill the guild quest or kill he game. Put in individual quests like so many attacks on a wall, castle, players, so many winning attacks, so many mega attacks, so many losses to a guardian. Stuff like that which is what good team mates do to help a guild win.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Some games come and go, no matter how loved by people.
    It's the developers who make or break a game, or keep it going for the long haul.
    But it does seem hard for freeium(pay to win)games to make it past 2-3years.
    Daily player

Post Count
    This can create the following issue:

People joining large Guilds just to complete gLTQs, Raid Bosses etc..to then leave during wartime to join a smaller one/two man guild. Loyalty can be an issue.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Did Gree ever think of starting new servers from scratch like other games? I've realized that no matter how much money I spend now, I can never catch up to the top players and guilds.

On other games they start new servers periodically. If there was a new server I may play my character differently and I would be on equal footing again. Then maybe I'd spend money to get to the top.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Think of it this way:

If majority think about forming splinter guilds next time around, then you'll be packed in the bottom ranks fighting other splinter guilds. On the flip side, the top ranked guilds (with the missing players) won't be able to defend their position and the mediocre guilds will surpass them out of manpower alone. Gree will flip it again, offer great prizes for top ranks and another cycle starts.

Agree that Gree needs to be more creative now. For now, it's just LAME LAME LAME! For starters, release the level 200 / 500 ally /1500 unit cap so people can move upwards just to put some interest back into the game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    In that last MW war there were a lot of smaller factions formed with the idea of going for the LTQ units. However, I think Gree kept some balance by adding in a very solid bonus for top 25 finishers (+5% alliance attack, which is something you'd normally expect to go to top 1 or 2). This seems like a nice compromise.

And as frustrating as the war LTQs can be, I don't think removing them is an option at this point. I can't imagine how boring war would be if we reverted to the format where winning battles means nothing.

Post Count
    I dont think anybody thinked so far.
    I realy hope something changes because lately lots of players have just headache and not to much fun.Is it so hard to make something that most of player whil achieve and be happy with it!
    Is it so hard to throw a bone here and there so people can get something that usually can't win?
    Happy player is happy costumer.
    Award him/her here and there and im shure this game whil last longer
    [FK] TITAN