Gree - did you mean for the Faction Boss Event to be so easy?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gree - did you mean for the Faction Boss Event to be so easy?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

Gree - did you mean for the Faction Boss Event to be so easy?

Personally I was expecting something a bit more challenging each day, but it seems that kills from day 1 count every day. I was expecting it to be only kills for that day or from the time the event started even making the 5th one a challenge. Pacing ourselves wasn't really worth it.

I know there are others who will say no its great but if everyone is getting these then nobody is gonna stand out from the crowd and BoS always push that little bit harder.

So honestly Gree, tell us if the event is meant to be like this or if there has been some sort of glitch with it during its first run?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For a bigger faction it may be easy. If there was only 10 in your faction it would be a little more difficult
    I

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Well my LLP is in a small camper faction and its not caused them any difficulties either.

Post Count
    Hmmm, for those newer players that don't have health regen bonus units, would be harder don't you think? Anyways, I like little freebies every now and then. That's just me.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I guess one of our factions is the anomaly. My faction has to scramble to make the requirement.
    I

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count
    While I don't know, I think the answer could be Yes.

The important part of this event is to achieve the number per day for the faction. That needs to be reasonably achievable. From that faction one or two or perhaps substantially more in many cases will forge ahead for the 100K+ unit. If the faction event is too restricted, then in turn it restricts the number of potential customer$ trying to reach 100 individual (being the main profit focus here).

Not all factions are full of gold burners. Some are small and might have one or two only or perhaps none but with one or two considering purchasing. No point missing potential customers through making the faction event out of their factions reach.

A common mistake is to over-invest in already highly loyal players while neglecting to reach new buyers already in the game.

Another mistake they have made over a long period in my view is pricing too high, then trying to compensate with regular discounts to increase sales and thereby teaching consumers to buy when discounted. The price should be well reduced to increase sales and profits. Increasing costs does not necessarily equate to increased profits. Regular as clockwork discounts is bad business. The 'sweet spot' needs to be found going forward. They are not there yet.

They shouldn't need discounts to encourage sales before a war. The war itself should encourage sales and increase profits. The price should not be 'front and centre' and overriding in the consumers mind for purchase consideration. Based on the behaviour of the discounts, it is too high as is the reload cost, while profit will suffer at all other times.
    Last edited by Wai; 10-02-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Post Count

Agree with you brother its not great that way. Doesnt mean anything if every faction member have same unit.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Agree with what wai said.

I don't believe it is as easy as you think. You are in a top tier faction, with 50+ members, heaps of attack bonuses and maxed out health. You probably have personal health regen too and above average stats. My current boss has over 6m health but most people in my tier are about 250k attack. Do the maths and you will realise its very tough for small factions.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Perhaps the faction LTQ had an error. But in some ways, it doesn't matter, bc many of us thought you needed to pace yourself, so now you only have a few days to get to 100. If we had known earlier that you didn't need to pace yourself, 100 could have come cheap with minimal gold use. In my case, I'm on boss 55, having done 40 over the past two days. W ll I finish 100? Unlikely, as I'd need to spend some serious gold and there is something called work and family. But some people will get to 75 or 80, and given that the bonus is attack, they just might be enticed to go for it.

Banned
    Post Count
    I look at it like this. They made it so that the larger, stronger factions will get the Goliaths easy enough (so there's no complaining about being screwed out of anything), but still struggle for the big prize, which is what they will really need to stay competitive. The smaller factions still have to struggle a bit for the Goliaths, but can get them, while they have very little chance at the bigger reward. Many will get the Goliaths, but some will not. A few will get the other one, but many will not.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    Small factions and unproportional stats due to progressing too quickly or bad choices makes this event difficult for some. Campers, large factions, and spenders have a much easier time of it. Dont forget that players not in a faction wont have the units nor will those that are not addicts as us in the forums. So not everyone will have the same units. What would it matter if they meant for it to be easy or not?

Banned
    Post Count
    Shhhh! Free stat boosts!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have to agree there pissing out decent units for any noobs to get I Dnt wanna see lvl 6 noobs with 8k units that's stupid and opens the door to anyone starting new accs and just repping in units for nothing but Dnt worry I'm not wasting gold here anymore

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I have seen many, many players that are in factions that still do not have a single Wraith Goliath. In fact the majority of players on my llp's rival list that have other faction LTQ rewards do not have a single one. So it must not be too easy for everyone.

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    What is the day 5 reward for this event?