Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Close the Gap!

Close the Gap!

My enjoyment of this game is quickly evaporating. And I am not the only one in my world. The amount of active players has reduced dramatically.

In my world, like most, all of the best players ally together, and easily win the events. The longer this goes on, the greater the gap grows between these top players and the rest of the community.

With the population dwindling, this only compounds the problem.

My level 60 burndown vs one players level 90 Nikolai is laughable. This guy, and the rest of his alliance, are untouchable. One player can destroy an entire alliance.

There needs to be some limits or mitigation so a few overpowered players can't farm the same people over and over again.

I was really enjoying this game when it came out. But the second I saw "boosts" introduced, I said 'oh no' and saw the writing on the wall.

The sustainability of this game is lacking. Can we discuss some options that can add legitimate competitiveness by actually having players of similar stature fight each other?

the gap can easily be closed, by improving the daily gifts and making rewards to the events better dependant on the age of the server.
    top 300 people getting junior and senior recruits n server 5? constant bronze item crates and juniors for most daily gifts despite logging on every day for a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I'm guessing many do.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    My enjoyment of this game is quickly evaporating. And I am not the only one in my world. The amount of active players has reduced dramatically.

In my world, like most, all of the best players ally together, and easily win the events. The longer this goes on, the greater the gap grows between these top players and the rest of the community.

My level 60 burndown vs one players level 90 Nikolai is laughable. This guy, and the rest of his alliance, are untouchable. One player can destroy an entire alliance.

There needs to be some limits or mitigation so a few overpowered players can't farm the same people over and over again.

I was really enjoying this game when it came out. But the second I saw "boosts" introduced, I said 'oh no' and saw the writing on the wall.

The sustainability of this game is lacking. Can we discuss some options that can add legitimate competitiveness by actually having players of similar stature fight each other?
    then start over when a new world starts. nobody has an advantage off the bat
    was: OPO-Anonymous in world 5
    Am: CptBlackbeard of Dark Pirates in world 15

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMight View Post
    then start over when a new world starts. nobody has an advantage off the bat
    Gold does... world 18 I think it was. Player had 10 bases in first few hours...

there was a level 30 within hours on there.

Just go to a newer world, its not as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post

Its not easy to fix without a big change and if they do that they lose paying customers

One way would be split the map into rings so high ranked players can only hit players in their ranking ring or above
    To do this their would be many rings like the current zones but more of them.
    And players bases would auto migrate through the rings system as he levels up I suggest no more than 2-3 player levels per ring or a ring per level for levels 38 and up
    The top 38 levels rings can hit down but only one ring this protects lower levels from highers

Then change the compertitions have each ring have its own comp, so every player rank has equal chance of winning the top prizes with the exception being alliance based challenges they could add modifiers to how they are added up to make it harder for the top ranking alliances to win it every time have a system like a difficulty factor based on previous comp rankings so if they won last time its made harder for them next comp say for the top 5 rankings this could follow players so if they move alliances the penalty follows them. The system re issues the penalty system every new comp if the same alliance still wins then the penalty is increased until the balance is found

It will not let me edit so

To add that the changes to contests should not be so big as to push a leading alliance out of the top 5, and a top 5 out of the top 10, and a top 10 out of top 20, unless they don't try in one contest at all.

I also add it could be done without penalties but buffs

So if a small alliances has 10 players active in an contest they could get modifiers for the fewer players and lower average levels of the players that were active.
    so to set the top line for the modifiers ie what the buffs are to be based on.
    You take the alliance with the highest score take the average of their levels note how many players were active in the contest, and use that to make buffs for the rest of the alliances
    So you may end up with 2 buffs one for active player numbers, 1 for average player level, this alone may not change the results a lot but the results then include, effort in the results for both the winners and the losers.
    Because if the winning alliance had only 2 active members and had only level 35 players their would be no buffs for any other alliance. But it they had 50 active and they were all level 42 then the other alliances would get a big multiplier. If they had 15 active and average level of 35. The game contests are then about effort put in by the players

If you really wanted to make it a contest you would include number of attacks made in the contest that earned AP as well.

stop rewarding so much BP for people 9 or 10 levels higher for hits.
    lost 197k UV of units in my outpost, they got 157k BP the gap was 9 levels.
    the "reduced" BP means nothing if they are still getting a huge %.
    6 levels fair enough, but when you get to 9 or 10, it gets beyond a joke, and rewarding these actions with so much BP?
    we need to deter such actions.
    and this is again a top alliance avoiding fighting same rank alliance to pick on lower end ones.
    want to level the playing field, stop rewarding cowardice, and reward the people with some balls.
    there is no reason for top alliances to fight each other, except boredom. they can just hit lower ranks with thier commanders only a few can obtain.

as i said, rewards for solo events are a waste of time for anyone not spending money.
    the daily gifts are useless, what good are junior recruits and bronze boxes, at level 30+?
    top alliances have access to Uranium and Titanium.
    top alliances have level 90 commanders
    everyone else, doesn't, nor has a chance to.
    current solo build event dominated by gold users who have boult 10-12m UV in 12 hours, top 20 filled with the top server alliance.
    this is making the gap wider, especially as the rewards for 300 below is useless.
    Last edited by phalanx1337; 10-12-2013 at 08:08 AM.

The gap will never be closed
    we all have that 1 or 3 players in any world who only him can wipe out an entire 4 or 5 alli alone.

We have this player called FOW, do something and he gonna send u his teleported base and first wipe all ur troops, 2nd take everything u have. 3rd make u quite

Why should i quite I could just rebuild and revenge ?
    well to be honest he got around 9 90s commander or I think 6
    Full 90s

He attacked my base which should be undefeatable , which i had 15k helos, 3k hails, 7k arts
    and I hade defense grid
    yes with only 1k troops
    he wiped out all of that in 1 hit with his 90 commander

We cant win events cuz he is always number one with his Alli
    btw he is gold user

yes but the biggest leveler is the daily gifits, everyone has access to those, and yet the rewards are appauling.
    there is a limit, and that is the 90 commanders.

Once you realize the game is a gold game you will be more satisfied playing it.

all of grees games are gold games
    the rest of them at least allow you to compete, and get gold.

what does it achieve really, new player chacks out game, joins a server less then a day old, and a guy already level 30 built over 10m UV?
    impressions are everything, it sets a bad example to make it so gold heavy.