If I was an international company...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I was an international company...

Lurker
    Post Count

If I was an international company...

I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda. Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Fair point. Although Gree naming an event after a wildly incompetent governing body that maintains power due to a loyal base might not quite be as accidental as it seems. Perhaps they're developing self-awareness?
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Why? Are you worried about hurting their feelings? Considering its a coincidence and you're the first person in weeks to mention it, I don't think anyone cares.

First and ibtl.

Edit: argh! Zeemered!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Why? Are you worried about hurting their feelings? Considering its a coincidence and you're the first person in weeks to mention it, I don't think anyone cares.

First and ibtl.

Edit: argh! Zeemered!
    I've already contacted my local metallurgist to begin work on my crown.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Lurker
    Post Count
    just saying... Hamas? at the very least it shows a lack of knowledge of world politics. As a corporation I'd avoid any connection with the real world, least of all a connection with the terrorist arm of the PLO
    Last edited by JustSomeDude; 10-01-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha, LMAO!!

Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!
    Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, sometimes I forget. It's actually quite scarey too when I stop and think about it. *sigh.
    But wasn't that last episode of American Idol soooo awesome!?! And I can believe that ending to Dexter!! OMG!

Edit: what he said above this post, hahahahaha (shows a lack of knowledge of world politics) hahahahahaha
    Last edited by TMI; 10-01-2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahaha, LMAO!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, sometimes I forget. It's actually quite scarey too when I stop and think about it. *sigh.
    But wasn't that last episode of American Idol soooo awesome!?! And I can believe that ending to Dexter!! OMG!
    Worst troll attempt ever. Fail! Lurk Dipstik's posts for a while before you try that again, he's the god.

Post Count
    Worst troll attempt ever. Fail! Lurk Dipstik's posts for a while before you try that again, he's the god.
    Troll attempt?! Oh man. This gets better and better (or scarier and scarier)
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    just saying... Hamas? at the very least it shows a lack of knowledge of world politics. As a corporation I'd avoid any connection with the real world, least of all a connection with the terrorist arm of the PLO
    If you're going to condemn a lack of knowledge of world politics, try not display it whilst doing so.

The PLO and Hamas are completely separate entities. Rivals, in fact. Hamas' political arm grew out of its militant arm. The PLO's political arm is FATAH.
    Last edited by bald zeemer; 10-01-2013 at 05:35 AM.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree games are full of references to stuff. Some of them will offend a small population, as someone said in my thread, if you don't like it don't play.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    If you're going to condemn a lack of knowledge of world politics, try not display it whilst doing so.

The PLO and Hamas are completely separate entities. Rivals, in fact. Hamas' political arm grew out of its militant arm. The PLO's political arm is FATAH.
    Ouch, you got me. I'm lumping an entire area of the world together. I may as well have said that Republicans are the conservative arm of the Democratic party. Point is, "Hama's" couldn't possibly be a coincidence, and if it is, I'd have thought an international company would employ someone to avoid even the perception of political bias. He could be named "Jama" and BAM! no connection to a terrorist organisation.

Post Count
    Point is, "Hama's" couldn't possibly be a coincidence.
    There's your problem.

Also, no one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    There's your problem.

Also, no one cares.
    Exactly, that's the problem! Thanks for the backup Dippy!

Banned
    Post Count

I think I'd avoid naming a conflict based (ok PvE but still) LTQ after a terrorist organization. Hama's/Hamas. Someone didn't do their homework or they don't care or there's a hidden agenda. Maybe Gree just employs too many newly graduated from high school or 3rd world staff that don't understand world politics or english? Nice job Gree!