You might be a Youngster if you don't "Remember When?"

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You might be a Youngster if you don't "Remember When?"

Banned
    Post Count

Question You might be a Youngster if you don't "Remember When?"

I was think while playing with my Mini, and I thought wow! So this is for all us old timers out there that want to post about their remember when's in KA. The youngsters will think of this like hearing stories of walking 5 miles in the snow with no shows to get to school... lol

• I remember when I almost quit the game because I had tired my 4th run for my BD10 (if you don't what that is, you might be a youngster) and failed again for the forth time. I was so happy when I finally made it and was about to join the "elite" that had Dragons. Remember we even had an on going thread just to congratulate people for when they finally made it.

• I remember when I started the very first war and I was over level 110 and had pretty good stats at 150k.

• I remember when there was a thread about what your lowest top 45 unit was, and people would be very impressed with someone that had a 1,100/1,100 unit there.

• I remember when most threads were people asking questions, and people really tried to help them.

• I remember that great feeling when I finally found someone over vault, and knew I was going to make a lot of gold.

What do you Remember When?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I remember the epicness of going over vault to build my first manor. (Was actually playing a round of golf at the time and let about 3 group pass me while I was on my phone)
    I remember getting defensive wins against FUNs cola. (Had to be the first month after launch)
    I remember finding gold hackers early that I attacked in order to build my battering ram army.
    I remember farming equipment from the 100% drop male owlbears. (When it meant something)

There's a blank space after that till events started XD

Post Count
    I remember when there were no events and leveling was the thing to do.

Don't know about anyone else but I remember on the gen 1 IPad not getting free gems and sitting for hours writing down invite codes from the comments on the game in the Apple store until I reached 500. Pages and pages...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    i remember finishing my first small LTQ (about 6 months or so before guilds came out) and it was Goblin King with like 130/130 stats... i thought that it was absolutely amazing...
    Hi guys

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I remember when it was actually worth it to buy the gem units from the store....
    Last edited by VVolf; 09-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.

[MOC] VVolf

Post Count
    I remember bugging my husband for months to "stop playing that stupid game". I finally started my own game in July and I'm hooked!
    Some people are like slinkies; not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Post Count
    Nice post idea! I remember when...

...The units awarded for completing lvl 5 map mastery were actually worth it. That's another topic (like BD10) where we had an active thread going to track those units, which for many people were there first indestructible units.

...I was so excited to receive my Arcane Defender for the first and only IPH event.

...I got recruited for the first war and felt on top of the world withy full dragon army and 300k stats.

...I still had to "plan" my kingdom. Which unit buildings to build, upgrade. Man I still remember those early days of buying Beserkers and Centurions with my lvl 10 Barracks.

I'll stop there... otherwise the list would go on and on... I'm just too nostalgic.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I remember when there were no such things as LTQs...

you had to finish lvl 5 of a map to get an "invincible" unit...

the quest log was full of quests that you tried your damnedest to finish to level up (and it was worth it!)

You planned hard to be able to buy the units in the Units tab because they were sooo dominant!

Lurker
    Post Count
    I remember the first guild war and thinking 'why am I being attacked so much'?
    I remember buying units by the hundreds
    I remember getting excited the new gold units
    I also remember buying my first manor, then thinking, I'll never get it lvl 2. Now lvl 6
    I remember seeing my first 400k stat person and thinking 'hacker'

Post Count

Talking

This hits home . . . I actually found a page of invite codes I'd written down the other day.

Don't know about anyone else but I remember on the gen 1 IPad not getting free gems and sitting for hours writing down invite codes from the comments on the game in the Apple store until I reached 500. Pages and pages...
    Also, BD9 and BD10 runs . . was over-vault for 30 minutes on my BD10 run and someone started attacking me. I posted a desperate message on his wall and he stopped. Now he's my guild-mate.

Buying and upgrading unit buildings, which I didn't bother with on my LLP. I was pretty excited to be able to buy the 33/29 Death Knight!!

Being excited to earn enough honor points to get the cannon! Still have 47 of them

Thanks for the great thread, Rastlin!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I remember when this game required strategy not a second mortgage

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I remember breaking 100k attack and thinking I was in the top 25%

Post Count
    I remember when I got the Vampire Hunter which was about 400/200 and it was my best unit for a long time.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I remember when leveling up in a game was "the prime objective"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I remember farming tons of beetles at dwarven mines for the mithril blade, which was the best weapon at that time. Never got it
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573