Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    I thought about that but I would feel bad for leaving the guild I am in. I'm big on loyalty and I also apologized about throwing the figures out. That in no way waste to try and get cred, I was using that in reference to the other guy making a comment about me not know how business is run.

baby gree.jpg

Thats for you gree. Your chest system is not in proportion to the design of the prizes for the war. Fix it.

Just sayin as an example, chick fil a. My wife works there and i know quite a bit about the company and the business owner has very stromg morals, not just religiously but business related. Look at them. Ome of the very few companies left that aren't open on Sundays, one less day for them to make money, and they're still on top. Saying companies that waste time on moral business don't make it is the biggest joke ive heard so far lol. Moral ground is what governs business, it's called ethics. And for you guys to claim no affiliation with gree is kinda laughable too. Otherwise why would you be fighting so hard for them. All that the customers (us the players) are saying is tweak the way they do business to KEEP us happy. Yes they have a good product but they aren't trying to keep us happy, and repeat business is how companies stay afloat. Gree would have to be missing a few fries in their happy meal to not listen to their customers when we are flat out saying how to keep us happy.

@Sparkle. Not only do the guild wars guarantee an epic, depending on the guild, but it can be far cheaper and more fun. Really, I'm just adding on to your well made point.

@Vicous; it's sorry that you let someone being direct make you get all defensive. What do I know though, I don't run a 400m company. I also don't know you but can say with certainty that your trolling is still ignorant and amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle_DPA View Post
    Im gonna have to agree with busteroaf. This doesn't ignore the fact that ponies are better than unicorns though!

Anyways, if you guys want a guaranteed epic and are complaining about spending 2000 gems on a chest and not getting anything, why not just join a top 10 guild and contribute with your gems there instead of wasting them in the slot machine.... its the same thing as opening a chest, only difference being you will actually get an epic this time. Where is that damn picture i had making fun of the chests in this game. Something like " 4x epic chance chest released. Realizes a war is 2 weeks later with a 100% chance for epic". Any top 10 guild would have you if you spent the amount of gems on war instead of on the chests...
    Yes very well-made point. But as vicious said, i as well belong to a happy guild and am very loyal to them. Not to mention I'm their gm lol. But I'm not in vicious' guild, just so no1 speculates.

Quote Originally Posted by Issaquah View Post
    @Sparkle. Not only do the guild wars guarantee an epic, depending on the guild, but it can be far cheaper and more fun. Really, I'm just adding on to your well made point.

@Vicous; it's sorry that you let someone being direct make you get all defensive. What do I know though, I don't run a 400m company. I also don't know you but can say with certainty that your trolling is still ignorant and amateurish.
    I in no way meant to be ignorant and I was just expressing my opinion in the same way I was receiving it. I'm not going to change my opinion just because others want to take my freedom of speech which has absolutely nothing to do with them, unless they are affiliates of gree. The childish comments and stones were thrown way before I threw my own. So for you to say I am trolling when I am merely standing my ground and my opinion of something not involving anyone but gree is ridiculous.

Trolling - submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.

Now some of the responses I got from others would defiantly land in the definition. So how about cutting me some slack and reading from the beginning of this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by legionofike View Post
    Just sayin as an example, chick fil a. My wife works there and i know quite a bit about the company and the business owner has very stromg morals, not just religiously but business related. Look at them. Ome of the very few companies left that aren't open on Sundays, one less day for them to make money, and they're still on top. Saying companies that waste time on moral business don't make it is the biggest joke ive heard so far lol. Moral ground is what governs business, it's called ethics. And for you guys to claim no affiliation with gree is kinda laughable too. Otherwise why would you be fighting so hard for them. All that the customers (us the players) are saying is tweak the way they do business to KEEP us happy. Yes they have a good product but they aren't trying to keep us happy, and repeat business is how companies stay afloat. Gree would have to be missing a few fries in their happy meal to not listen to their customers when we are flat out saying how to keep us happy.
    Chick Fil A... a good upstanding company... don't get me started on how many people hate them because of things they do or say. "Moral" or not, they're one end of the "moral" spectrum. You know, moral based on other peoples ideas of what "moral" is.

As far as the "fighting for Gree" thing, its not fighting for Gree. This is what I was trying to say to my Avatar before he kicked me from his line group. He kept saying "Gree is bad. They're the worst. Their games all get to blah blah point..." No, there are hundreds if not thousands of these games, just like KnD with a lottery style "win big" system, all over the place. To say Gree is the only one, again, you are off your rocker and clearly haven't played many of these games, if any. The ignorance in how they operate (so greedily, with such little regard for the player, I might add), and how long they can survive for (because the playerbase is SO unhappy), is laughable. Yes, KnD might not be the behemoth that Chick Fil A is, but this isn't a game that was designed to have you play it for 20 years either. But this business model has been around for a long time, and will continue to be.

Again, another example. Look at Rage of Bahamut. Look at their reviews. Look at their facebook page. Most comments are "omg, another new card pack? OMG, you're just in it for money, we don't have time to level our current stuff, you're so greedy..." Sounds pretty bad right? Lot of people complaining? ALL THE TIME. And yet, they're still going strong. And they will continue to do so until they no longer are making enough money to pay their programmers/designers. Just like this game.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 10-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Chick Fil A... a good upstanding company... don't get me started on how many people hate them because of things they do or say. "Moral" or not, they're one end of the "moral" spectrum. You know, moral based on other peoples ideas of what "moral" is.

As far as the "fighting for Gree" thing, its not fighting for Gree. This is what I was trying to say to my Avatar before he kicked me from his discussion. He kept saying "Gree is bad. They're the worst. Their games all get to blah blah point..." No, there are hundreds if not more games, just like KnD with a lottery style "win big" system, all over the place. To say Gree is the only one, again, you are off your rocker and clearly haven't played many of these games, if any. The ignorance in how they operate (so greedily, with such little regard for the player, I might add), and how long they can survive for, is laughable. Yes, KnD might not be the behemoth that Chick Fil A is, but this isn't a game that was designed to have you play it for 20 years either.
    I didn't mean to come off as gree is this or that. I was talking in reference to KnD, so you are right about that, for example puzzles and dragons, another addicting game. But that's my point. Puzzles an dragons has a lottery, a very balanced lottery, and anytime they screw up they are quick to correct it and do something to make it right. They take accountability over there for that game and I feel like KnD isn't even close to being as dependable and consistent as that. I should have used that as an example.

Ok i don't care about how those other games work. I don't play those games i play this one. And in reference to cfa, if you're referring to the stuff in the media, that was one persons belief, not a company. But cfa listens to every single customer and improves on every single customer comment. The people that hate cfa are ignorant of how cfa operates and cannot distinguish a compamy from one person. Again this is aboit vree in reference to KnD. All the people buying into them are people that do not yet know any better about their BORDERLINE scams. Gree might have people buying now but if they keep things up they won't keep their business, which will eventually result in their downfall. You can't deny the basic fact of business, keep your customers happy. If you don't, you'll eventually run out of new customers, and then you'll have nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by legionofike View Post
    Ok i don't care about how those other games work. I don't play those games i play this one. And in reference to cfa, if you're referring to the stuff in the media, that was one persons belief, not a company. But cfa listens to every single customer and improves on every single customer comment. The people that hate cfa are ignorant of how cfa operates and cannot distinguish a compamy from one person. Again this is aboit vree in reference to KnD. All the people buying into them are people that do not yet know any better about their BORDERLINE scams. Gree might have people buying now but if they keep things up they won't keep their business, which will eventually result in their downfall. You can't deny the basic fact of business, keep your customers happy. If you don't, you'll eventually run out of new customers, and then you'll have nothing left.
    Well, it's probably considered a borderline scam by you because you assume that with a 4X chance of legendary and epics mean getting it 50% of the time. Anyone who buys the chest would naturally understand that chances of getting good armors are slim, because it's just how games like these work.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

The business model of companies such as Gree seems to me to be along the lines of "it's a global market, so if we get more new sheep in than the number of ones that quit on us in disgust, we're good".
    In other words: there's so many potential new customers out there that there's no need for much customer retention.

Without the global pool of billions of people, that business model would crash and burn in an instant unless a product is lightyears ahead of the competition.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Its like saying the drug companies are in it to make money. Well, duh. But that money also funds the billions of dollars in research and testing it takes to make sure a drug won't just up and kill the entire population. All these people pissed off at big Pharma obviously thinks that drugs should be provided at a much cheaper, or free cost. Who then pays for the research? The big companies that want to help people out of the kindness of their hearts? How will they pay the scientists when they don't have funding coming in? The government? That would raise taxes. Donations from those who used their drugs for free?... Its would be nice, but its not going to happen.
    Please don't use drug companies as "good example". Those jokers much prefer to make a minute alteration to a high-cholesterol medicine, so they can re-patent it again and rake in big bucks than develop a medicine to save many lives in Africa or develop a new anti-biotic since we're running out of effective ones.
    I'm not so sure drug companies are more cure than disease...

And just like I would like drug companies to switch from "we have a cash-cow and if it helps people a bit then great" to "we have a medicine that's so much better than anything else, so we earn lots because of that", I'd like games to get back to "we have a great and fun game and therefore people pay for it" from "we tune the game for coercing maximum cash out of people, paying less attention to fun".

This is business. Not feel good story time. Get a clue.
    No. There's a difference between "business" and "predatory monopolies". you get a clue.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Whether you agree with the business model, what Gree has done is irrelevant. Complaining about contents of a chest when you had all the information necessary to reach a mature, responsible, adult decision about spending money, is nothing more than an attempt to push off personal accountability. It is the nature of every company like Gree, themselves included, to prey on the people who want to spend money. They do what they do to convince people to make money. In life we all have situations where people are trying to get one over on us, the world is simply not fair. No one hands you things. A game where money is a factor at all will be exactly the same thing. Does it suck that a game has hard life lessons? Certainly does. But a lot of us like it more, and some people find their entertainment in it. If you don't like the odds, don't play the machine. The first sign of gambling compulsion is complaining about unfavorable odds. Unfavorable odds are what makes the game fun, and at the same time evil. Chests are the same way. A lot of people have recorded great pulls. More people have recorded no good pulls. It happens. There will be other chances for it to balance out.

Maybe the issue is that there is no way to self 'balance out' with hard work, the way real life works. (only moontide fusable, etc). That will take time, but it will happen. Eventually epics will be mostly fusable, and we'll be tossing leg+ to the wayside, and this conversation about one bad chest will be irrelevant.

Weirdly I opened two sets of 11 and had beast master in each set. The other 10 were 2* crap, but 1 epic per set seems pretty good to me. One guy in my guild got 3 different epics with only 12 keys. Based on what my guild got, the drop rates for epics seem really good. But it isn't going to work for everyone.
    Not playing ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by nachomasterx View Post
    Weirdly I opened two sets of 11 and had beast master in each set. The other 10 were 2* crap, but 1 epic per set seems pretty good to me. One guy in my guild got 3 different epics with only 12 keys. Based on what my guild got, the drop rates for epics seem really good. But it isn't going to work for everyone.
    Please stop posting this nonsense. Random means random. Based on the lottery winning ticket buyer's result 100% of people win the lottery - it's physically painful to read 200 posts like this.

Busteroaf (such a ****ensian name) is right to point out that the game is doing just fine and most of the complaints are from those who are frustrated that they aren't doing well in a game that is predominantly luck after a certain point (I am definitely in this group).

But it is completely legitimate to complain about GREE's faults in other areas: poor customer service, huge numbers of bugs and errors with each upgrade, glitches and hacks not aggressively dealt with, lack of transparancy (or at least communciation) around major game changes, etc. These things have nothing to do with game design, they're simply poor execution.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.