GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm

Lurker
    Post Count

War matching

I agree my guild are normally placed 404 - 410
    This round we faced some ridiculous opponents including FUN, where we couldn't get even a hit in!
    Our last war was exactly like that, but all we could hit was the castle. Missed the top 400 by 8k in points, gutted!
    Something needs to be done...

Post Count
    Funzio try to improve the wars, and i agree with that, but i think is not going in the right way, one of the elements to Match up is the total force of the guild, i tell our experience , i think that everybody Will be agree that our experience is not fun

We are 42 members , first Match against a guild with only 4 members, the average force of 4 members is very different that the average force of 42, so we only could attack the castle ( no fun)

Second fight against a guild with only 6 members, again (no fun)

Third fight against a guild with only 10 members, only te stronger players could do a hit against the weaker player of that guild

About 50% of our Match up Was with small guild

I think to have fun, first big guild more members more fun, and Second use the average force to Match and You let scout, fight and have fun

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    constructive? We were top 100 and got matched with RK and SB within 4 hours...the result - ipod meet wall.

Post Count
    My guild faced similar issues. We met several guilds where our strongest player (2M att) couldn't beat the weakest player in the other guild. We wasted 8-9 battles doing nothing and missed out on next level bonus unit because of it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Did anyone get the final count for the consecutive win prize? I would think it has to be down. I know the top ten devolved to the point where one team would time matching with another so that they would block them from a consecutive prize.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    You have to change your strategy to play against these super guilds. My strategy. I quit Kingdom Age. We faced too many guilds we couldn't get a single win on. And we are a top 100 guild. This is the way Gree wants to go. I want to go another. Now I have lots of free time on my hands.
    Then what are you doing here?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    Hot Tub was in around 170th and got matched with our sister guild in top 10 , both on a winning streak !
    It appears that the systems was corrupted in match ups, it was atroucious !
    Some guilds we could even Hit !
    so did FUN get matched with FUN 2 , i doubt it !
    Not this time, we were smart and waited until FUN was matched to declare. Two wars ago, 2 matches in a row.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    constructive? We were top 100 and got matched with RK and SB within 4 hours...the result - ipod meet wall.
    And my team, top 300 met you. At least you got some balance. Our active crew managed 6 win this war, to go along with our 36 losses. Only in a couple of those losses would gem spending changed the results. For the most part we were toyed with. Honest, names out of a hat would have been better for us.

Lurker
    Post Count
    My guild was well into the top 400 with 7 battles remaining. Then for the last seven battles our opponents were all 1-5 man guilds with players we couldn't even hit. All we could do was sit there and hit the wall and castle and watch our standing drop and drop until we ended up top 500.

The algorithm needs to take into account the number of players making up the A/D total. Match those single player guilds against each other for a couple of days and they will go away.

Banned
    Post Count
    The algorithm needs to be 90% based on avg attk/def, it's the only way to stop gaming the system. Even hen you still have the level penalty issue going.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Our guild was rank 203 2 wars ago and was matched with RK this weekend. As soon as we saw who we were going up against, we just put our hands on our heads, curled into a ball and embraced the beatdown for 1 hour. Final score was like 560k to 1.5K? Can't remember......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It looks like the algorithm goes something like this.
    If FUN is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If RK is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If SB is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If any other guild has declared war and any of the above have less than 5 minutes left in their current war, have them wait.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    The algorithm needs to be 90% based on avg attk/def, it's the only way to stop gaming the system. Even hen you still have the level penalty issue going.
    Doesn't work.
    20 members with 5m stats will win 40 members with stats 2,5m

Fight on!
    Golden Griffin
    www.goldengriffin.org

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KM KAge View Post
    It looks like the algorithm goes something like this.
    If FUN is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If RK is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If SB is not matched, match them with the next guild to declare war.
    If any other guild has declared war and any of the above have less than 5 minutes left in their current war, have them wait.
    Not quite. If that were the case they would have played 65+ battles instead of 50 something. They still had to wait a long time to match. Just not as long.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Doesn't work.
    20 members with 5m stats will win 40 members with stats 2,5m
    That's aggregate not average.